Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 09-09-2022, 09:56 PM
Banned

Hasn't been mentioned yet but I hear mages are good moneymakers if you want to do that by grinding rather than headhunting high value items

Pet mows down greens and free WR bags to fill with vendor trash
Old 09-09-2022, 10:17 PM
Orc

I also have heard that damage sheilds + DD + PETS can kill mods pretty quickly. That if you can hit with this 3 things, is the greatest single target DPS for short fights. But I"m not sure.

I also have heard that summoned sword of runes is triggering on everything, not only summoned creatures > https://wiki.project1999.com/Summoned:_Sword_of_Runes

Aegis of Ro + Burnout IV + Sword of Runes in a Greater Vocaration: Water's pet would be able to do how much damage per "tik"? IF he lands like 5 hits / tik and the Magician also casts an direct DD into the target, how much damage would he do?

Can I reach 2k damage / tik as an magician? If YES, I will consider moving to MAG...
Old 09-10-2022, 06:52 AM
Fire Giant

Magician can level very fast to 55, after that they really die off power wise relative to XP mobs.
On green sword of runes no longer procs except on mobs it's supposed to.
But 1-55 can be pretty fun on one.
Magician leveling mechanics can be fun as well
You use one pet per mob, letting the pet get the thing down to one small nuke range. Kill or reclaim the pet,one nuke to finish and you get full XP for very little mana.
Old 09-10-2022, 12:33 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On green sword of runes no longer procs except on mobs it's supposed to..
What about blue? And combining a fully buffed pet + the strongest mag nuke, can I deal 2k damage /tik?
Old 09-10-2022, 02:28 PM
Fire Giant

No you can't do 300+ DPS with a mage.
I don't think that is possible at all,for any class.
Even the highest dmg enchanter charm pets won't hit that
Old 09-10-2022, 04:08 PM
Orc

Well, an lv 60 Wizard using Porlos' Fury against an dragon can hit 2000 damage / tik (6 seconds to cast) which is 333 DPS.

But lets theorycraft

mage strongest spell = 1024 damage
Strongest Water elemental dealing 5 attacks / tik = 300 damage
Strongest Water elemental getting hit 5x and hence triggering the damage shield 5 times = 165 damage
Direct damage = 116
Kick = 180 damage

Total : 1605 damage.

Maybe if we stack Shaman buffs + MAgician + Enchanter buffs and the pet manages to backstab. Who knows.

How much damage per tik does the epic elemental dishes?

EDIT: There is items in live which reduce the casting time. There is this items here?
Last edited by LordVictor; 09-10-2022 at 04:15 PM..
Old 09-10-2022, 04:19 PM
Fire Giant

The 60 water pet seems to average about 45dps vs regular mobs,bit more with backstabs.
Old 09-10-2022, 04:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVictor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, an lv 60 Wizard using Porlos' Fury against an dragon can hit 2000 damage / tik (6 seconds to cast) which is 333 DPS.

But lets theorycraft

Strongest Water elemental getting hit 5x and hence triggering the damage shield 5 times = 165 damage
Direct damage = 116
Kick = 180 damage

Maybe if we stack Shaman buffs + MAgician + Enchanter buffs and the pet manages to backstab. Who knows.

EDIT: There is items in live which reduce the casting time. There is this items here?
Doesn't matter in raids, No lure spell = all Mage nukes are Hard resisted all you ever see is (Resit, Resist, Resist, Resist) Your nukes are for non-raid content only
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 09-10-2022, 11:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVictor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I also have heard that damage sheilds + DD + PETS can kill mods pretty quickly. That if you can hit with this 3 things, is the greatest single target DPS for short fights. But I"m not sure.

I also have heard that summoned sword of runes is triggering on everything, not only summoned creatures > https://wiki.project1999.com/Summoned:_Sword_of_Runes

Aegis of Ro + Burnout IV + Sword of Runes in a Greater Vocaration: Water's pet would be able to do how much damage per "tik"? IF he lands like 5 hits / tik and the Magician also casts an direct DD into the target, how much damage would he do?

Can I reach 2k damage / tik as an magician? If YES, I will consider moving to MAG...
The Summoned Sword Proc issue is fixed, it doesn't proc on everything anymore. It only works on summoned mobs like mob pets.

In another thread today I parsed an Epic Mage pet. Those are doing 80-90DPS. The data I saw for a Water Pet is more around the 60 DPS range, but I could be wrong since the data wasn't as good as the Epic Pet data. A Mage can do 75 DPS if they spend 1200 mana spamming Scars of Sigil. Damage Shields could give you another 30 if the Epic Pet is tanking since it's damage shield does 50 damage. So an Epic Mage can top out around 200 DPS if you are going all out and draining your mana. Epic is really hard to get though, Mage Epic is the rarest one.

That being said, Mages have basically no CC and niche utility, so the extra DPS ends up mattering less if you like to solo harder camps in the end game. Enchanter or Necro would be better at that in terms of pet classes. A Mage at 60 will be farming greens that drop good money, like farming Droga.

As Foxplay said, Mages don't DPS in raids. Raids don't use Mage Pets, and your Nukes will be resisted. A Mage is a CoTH bot or a Mod Rod bot in raids.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 09-10-2022 at 11:38 PM..
Old 09-11-2022, 12:18 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:

But lets theorycraft

Direct damage = 116
Kick = 180 damage

Mage's strongest nukes are Scars of Sigil and Sirocco/Manastorm. Seeking Flame of Suekor is terrible DPS in comparison. There's almost never a reason to use it sadly, the increased DPM ratio isn't worth the almost 100 dps that Scars offers.

Seeking Flame: 1024 damage in 7 seconds : 146 dps
Scars of Sigil: 450 damage in 2 seconds : 225dps
Sirocco: 1890 damage in three waves over 11 seconds : 171 dps
Manastorm: 2025 damage in three waves over 11 seconds : 184 dps

Can continue casting Scars while the waves are hitting to maximize dps

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Last edited by Balimon; 09-11-2022 at 12:34 AM..