Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 12-26-2022, 11:23 AM
Orc

Default Linux - All server lists are empty

In my destktop - Linux, I could run the game flawlessly. Zero problems. However, in a notebook, with no cable, only wifi connection, I'm seeing all server lists as nothing.

To run in linux, I'm using wine cmd /c Launch\ Titanium.bat

I know that the game is not officially supported in Linux, but if someone plays in Linux and have a solution, I would be grateful.
Old 12-26-2022, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quick fix: get a VPN. For $5 a month that should fix it.

Other fixes: try https://github.com/Zaela/p99-login-middlemand, and if that doesn't work search for this issue, which others have faced before and solved.

I say this as a Linux user who doesn't have this problem anymore (I fixed it years ago with a VPN, but haven't needed it with newer installs).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-26-2022, 02:43 PM
Orc

I did it. Now the servers appears but seems like the spell filed token from the p99 site is out of date...
Old 12-26-2022, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

Did you get the latest (v57) patch file from the top of https://www.project1999.com/, and did you open and extract all the files from it into your (Titanium) EQ install folder?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-26-2022, 03:21 PM
Orc

Yes, I did it and even renamed some files to have upper case extensions as this video says https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M2JmEdU8wM
Old 12-26-2022, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

Did you fix "DSETUP.dll" specifically, and have you seen https://wiki.project1999.com/EverQuest_in_Linux_Guide?

That video guide you linked starts out by claiming that you must have a VPN, which is nonsense, so I'm skeptical of its advice. This wiki page also has conflicting advice, but at least it's honest about it and admits as much, and it's got lots ideas. I'd also recommend searching the technical forums, as we've had several (long) threads about Linux.

Oh, also if you have a friend with Windows or another Windows computer, you can try installing/patching everything on Windows, and then just copy the folder over to Linux. That worked well for me (ages ago).