Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2023, 11:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In regards to a party being fractured…I’ll say this again

If this fracturing is due to different people in the party having different beliefs and opinions on things and having a hard time agreeing, I’d rather be a member of that, even if the party loses. Because at least my party is full of individuals with their own thoughts, not a bunch of NPC hive minds being brainwashed into thinking whatever the DNC tells them to think. I’d rather be my own person and lose than an NPC and win

If you can’t name at least 5 things you dislike about your own party you are 100% brainwashed and in denial. “Nuh uh bruh, I just really happen to love all the things the DNC does and hate all the things they hate and that’s just me. Hang on a sec though, I need to turn on my daily dose of propaganda telling me what to believe”. Sorry, you can delude yourself but you won’t convince me

Now that being said, I have no idea who this Kevin dude is and if the in-fighting is over stupid petty shit then yea, that’s probably just unproductive with few positives. That very well may be the case for all I know
We're all going to lose if the country defaults on its debts because the GOP can't corral the retards in the Freedom Caucus long enough to actually get anyone sworn in.
Old 01-04-2023, 11:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We're all going to lose if the country defaults on its debts because the GOP can't corral the retards in the Freedom Caucus long enough to actually get anyone sworn in.
That's not a real threat. 20 retards cannot outvote 414 retards.

They just want you to blink first.
Old 01-04-2023, 11:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's not a real threat. 20 retards cannot outvote 414 retards.

They just want you to blink first.
Pretty funny if Republicans would rather cede their majority in Congress than actually have to govern.
Old 01-05-2023, 07:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty funny if Republicans would rather cede their majority in Congress than actually have to govern.
Some things are more important than winning control of some stupid piece of government.

Change rarely comes without a cost.

I hope this schism really is about a genuine ideological power struggle and not a shady backroom deal of "pay me or I won't vote for you".

It could be either one. I have zero trust in the government though, so I'm not holding my breath.

The only true solution is get rid of all government staff and refill their positions with random people.

A clean sweep and purge. The career politicians have been pillaging this country for many years. Get them out.
Old 01-05-2023, 08:47 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some things are more important than winning control of some stupid piece of government.

Change rarely comes without a cost.

I hope this schism really is about a genuine ideological power struggle and not a shady backroom deal of "pay me or I won't vote for you".

It could be either one. I have zero trust in the government though, so I'm not holding my breath.

The only true solution is get rid of all government staff and refill their positions with random people.

A clean sweep and purge. The career politicians have been pillaging this country for many years. Get them out.
This is something we can agree on to an extent.

Purging the current and replacing with randoms will not solve anything. This country needs to ensure current members of congress and their families are banned from trading stock. Lobbying/money need removed entirely, too much influence from powerful companies/corporations/associations. Citizens united decision was the apex of bad decisions.

Term limits in theory sound alright, but I am not 100% sold on this. On its own it does not work.
Old 01-05-2023, 09:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by suptoofs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Term limits in theory sound alright, but I am not 100% sold on this. On its own it does not work.
My theory on term limits is that if a corrupt organization knows a politician may not be in office long, they might less inclined to buy them off.

But who knows. There are downsides to term limits too.
Old 01-05-2023, 09:31 AM
Kobold

I strongly believe that if you have term limits on its own it creates a gateway for a revolving door for bought/paid politicians. The Thiels, Kochs, Soros will have bidding wars on which potential politician will advance their agenda the best.

We all understand most members in Congress are already bought. Instead of one person being bought and paid repeatedly (rep or senator) there will be many. If they know they won't be in office long, they would definitely be more inclined to be bankrolled to maximize their gains during their short stay.

Term limited + removal of money from politics are the keys.
Old 01-05-2023, 09:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by suptoofs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I strongly believe that if you have term limits on its own it creates a gateway for a revolving door for bought/paid politicians. The Thiels, Kochs, Soros will have bidding wars on which potential politician will advance their agenda the best.

We all understand most members in Congress are already bought. Instead of one person being bought and paid repeatedly (rep or senator) there will be many. If they know they won't be in office long, they would definitely be more inclined to be bankrolled to maximize their gains during their short stay.

Term limited + removal of money from politics are the keys.
Yeah, I could see that as well.

I keep waiting for a hero to swoop in and save us, but it might be up to us to clean the place up. But everyone is understandably busy with their life. Are we even able to correct this while working inside their system? Can we fix this just by voting?

Sounds ridiculous, but I wish we could crowd fund an investigative team to root out the corruption. But that's a pipe dream. They would never be able to get close enough to the bad actors.
Old 01-05-2023, 09:47 AM
Sarnak

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This would be so fun if it actually happened. Imagine the possibilities with almost all regular people suddenly thrust into the halls of power without being groomed for it or being power or attention-hungry to begin with. It could truly be a thing of beauty! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-05-2023, 10:00 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This would be so fun if it actually happened. Imagine the possibilities with almost all regular people suddenly thrust into the halls of power without being groomed for it or being power or attention-hungry to begin with. It could truly be a thing of beauty! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't need to be groomed for it. Most humans are inherently power and attention hungry. Unfortunately some go in with good intentions but are blinded by the power/attention they now possess.

Governing should be selfless but it make most people selfish.
Closed Thread