Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 02-27-2024, 10:51 AM
Banned

Default Imagine if this happened every day for the next 100 years.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/widow...011406117.html

People bettering themselves so they can work and better others should want for nothing.
Old 02-27-2024, 10:56 AM
Banned

VS

Quote:
Gen Z Says Boomers Will Never Understand Today's Struggle Because They Could Buy A Cadillac Off A $30K Salary — Meanwhile 'Millennials And Gen Z Are Working More Than Any Other Generation Ever Has' And Still Have To Live With Their Parents
https://news.google.com/articles/CBM...S&ceid=US%3Aen
Old 02-27-2024, 10:58 AM
Banned

The revolution will not be started by the meek and poor or drug addled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-27-2024, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

Boomers got rich and whined and charged their loses due to economic dips to future generation.

There was an entire South Park episode.

Boomers got a nice start they try to cry foul on.

Gen X is stuck picking up and supporting both sides. Poor Gen X.
Old 02-27-2024, 08:09 PM
Planar Protector

"It's always someone else's fault my life sucks! Waaahhhh!"

I'm not denying that it's more difficult for this generation vs the generations of the past. I'm more pointing out that it's ridiculous to blame it on an entire generation ffs.

The problem was a handful of politicians and corporations that drove this country into the ground, and sold out America. Blaming random people who are part of the previous generations is what they want you to do. It's more 'divide and conquer' techniques.

Make different races hate each other
Make different political groups hate each other
Make the poor hate the rich
Make newer generations hate the older generations

It's always deflecting and gaslighting us to fight each other vs the real corrupt problem.

We are ALL being screwed left and right and we just take it out on our neighbor who had nothing to do with it. Hatred and Animosity because we refuse to look at individuals and instead we love to put people in categories or boxes so it's easier for us to keep hating.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Last edited by Evia; 02-27-2024 at 08:21 PM..
Old 02-27-2024, 08:48 PM
Planar Protector

Idk what the solution to this is long term, but more people are going to have to be willing to move. Texas and Florida have good economies and are affordable. Tennessee and North Carolina have cheap housing. Even northwest Arkansas is underrated

I definitely agree it’s harder now. Having raised three kids on an engineer + nurse and then nurse practioner’s salary, with my wife taking 10ish years off to be a stay at home mom, I definitely think it’s worse now. Granted we drove piece of shit Hondas and Toyotas until they fell apart and didn’t live a life of luxury, it was still easy to build wealth, save for retirement, pay for our kid’s educations without them taking loans, pay off a house and rent it out while buying another one, etc

Still, looking around the world I don’t see much better. And america has some really beautiful spots if you’re willing to move. I personally love the Carolinas. I love the entire mountain west but I could see that being unaffordable

I hear the Midwest is dirt cheap? Not my cup of tea but if your priority is getting out on your own and starting a family, I think it’s still very possible.
Old 02-27-2024, 08:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"It's always someone else's fault my life sucks! Waaahhhh!"

I'm not denying that it's more difficult for this generation vs the generations of the past. I'm more pointing out that it's ridiculous to blame it on an entire generation ffs.

The problem was a handful of politicians and corporations that drove this country into the ground, and sold out America. Blaming random people who are part of the previous generations is what they want you to do. It's more 'divide and conquer' techniques.

Make different races hate each other
Make different political groups hate each other
Make the poor hate the rich
Make newer generations hate the older generations

It's always deflecting and gaslighting us to fight each other vs the real corrupt problem.

We are ALL being screwed left and right and we just take it out on our neighbor who had nothing to do with it. Hatred and Animosity because we refuse to look at individuals and instead we love to put people in categories or boxes so it's easier for us to keep hating.
It’s still a good country, but yes, our leadership across the board is not ideal to say the least. Social media didn’t help either
Old 02-27-2024, 09:00 PM
Banned

Exclamation

Just don't complain when people like me don't want to take care of and subsidy dickbaggery anymore and those folks lace up their combat boots.

Most of, ya'll have not seen total war firsthand in generations. 99% of those suicides are the suppressed rage of Vikings.

The day will come. I'm not super excited for it personally, I know what it's like. I'm telling you the inevitability speech. Aka agent Smith 😎.
Old 02-27-2024, 09:09 PM
Banned

What I am saying is that each of us has a choice, choices really. It's possible to turn the ship around.

You aren't personally responsible. Right? However. We are. The direction we are going is to have armed platoons clearing house to house.

The multiple billionaires have the most to lose, their easy safe and secure lives outside of the public commons. They have the most to gain from righting the ship. No matter the cost. And the most to lose.

I live by personal responsibility and altruistic morals. Give more than I take. Leave the world better.

And I've personally had it. People like me aren't going to stand down range of the bullshit anymore.

We are f'ing done. It's time for adults to be in charge again.
Old 02-27-2024, 09:11 PM
Banned

Triple post just to keep it real. 🤗