Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2021, 02:33 PM
Kobold

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HyperNormalisation
Old 06-16-2021, 02:34 PM
Planar Protector

it is when you say you are not but people say that you are but just dont understand your feelings.
Old 06-16-2021, 02:36 PM
Kobold

1. Vaccine is experimental
2. Therefore cannot be mandated
3. If you try to you will be sued so it's not gonna happen
4. Lots of sheep
Old 06-16-2021, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder how Adam Curtis would feel about you degenerates trying to justify Trump telling his supporters to storm the Capitol and stop the peaceful transfer of power.
Quote:
**What I realised about Trump, is that Trump is a product of that retreat into a simplified world. A lot of his language could come from the Occupy movement. He has this attitude: all politicians are shit. It’s almost like Seventies counterculture, joints being rolled on album covers, and really Trump is the end result of that attitude. And “Politics is shit” is one of the things that most influences the internet. You know – everything is bad. Well, yeah. But it’s naive and it’s a retreat.

**People believe Trump, because in the internet age, everyone has their own truths ** I did [documentary series] The Century of the Self, which is all about the rise of the individual as the most important thing. What I tried to show was that capitalism thought, “Great, we can give people lots of stuff that makes them feel like themselves”. The problem for politics is its very difficult to create a political movement out of hyper-individualistic people, because they all have their own version of the truth. It stops politicians pulling people together and uniting them. Politics has been destroyed by that. So Trump has accepted that – he’s said, well, everyone has their own truths, so I have my own truths.

**Trump probably even believes his own lies ** I mean, if you look at Trump, he’s the ultimate self-actualising individual. What he thinks at that moment up on stage is real. So if you’ve got a bunch of people locked inside their heads, how do you change the world? Because everyone has a different world. And that’s really what Trump has bought into focus, which is the inability of politicians to deal - it’s not a post truth world, it creates a post truth world, but what it really makes is a world where everyone has their own truth, and they are encouraged to believe that that is true.
Old 06-16-2021, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Ok i kind of agree but i think it's the opposite. They've taken a simple existence and made it ridiculously complexe and i feel like the version we are in we are slaves and it's pretty chill
Old 06-16-2021, 02:40 PM
Banned

Trump told people to "Storm The Capitol"?

FYI Election was laughably rigged
Old 06-16-2021, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

When i say they i mean satan
Old 06-16-2021, 02:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toothed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. Vaccine is experimental
2. Therefore cannot be mandated
3. If you try to you will be sued so it's not gonna happen
I don't think it can be mandated regardless.

You get an A-
Old 06-16-2021, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalflingSpergand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok i kind of agree but i think it's the opposite. They've taken a simple existence and made it ridiculously complexe and i feel like the version we are in we are slaves and it's pretty chill
Just as a thought experiment, do you think a cat likes being an indoor cat more than it likes being an outdoor cat?
Old 06-16-2021, 02:46 PM
Kobold

Just like the vaccines that we mandate to our children? I'll take my A+ and the extra credit back chump
Closed Thread