Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2023, 11:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea seems to me they are being manipulated by corporate America and big banks now

“No it’s ok, we’re on your side! See we gave some money to this gay charity! So now you don’t need to check our other investment history. When we say gay, we say yay!”
https://californiaglobe.com/articles...nnifer-newsom/

Quote:
Silicon Valley Bank Ties to California First Partner Jennifer Newsom

Silicon Valley Bank was closed Friday by the California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation, with the FDIC in charge of liquidation. SVB was one of the largest banks in the country and one of the premier banks of Venture Capital firms and start-up companies.

In looking at the SVB board and executive team bios, there is an interesting tie to California’s First Partner Jennifer Siebel Newsom – one of the SVB Executives sits on the board of Jennifer Siebel Newsom’s California Partners Project.
https://www.calpartnersproject.org/
Old 03-13-2023, 11:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oh same here, there are tons of things i recognize as mandela effect

throughout all my years studying physics i felt like it was BS that the speed of light is finite, when like no other forces in the universe are governed by such rigid laws

and for as long as I can remember, even as a toddler I felt like there is something really wrong with what my senses tell me is reality

i honestly feel like nothing we do in this life will ever matter for anything, and i've got a alot of contempt for life for that reason.

Fuck you universe, you aren't real. so Im just gonna get high until I die.
You need to flip this around. I agree that it is likely that our actions don't matter, or we can't weigh how much they will accurately.

But why does that need to mean negativity for you? Embrace the absurdity of it. The only meaning to anything is the meaning we perceive and feel.

Consider universalism. Or monism. The egg theory. Whatever. Whatever gets us to act better is probably worth it. But I do not think negativity gets people to act better.
Old 03-13-2023, 11:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You need to flip this around. I agree that it is likely that our actions don't matter, or we can't weigh how much they will accurately.

But why does that need to mean negativity for you? Embrace the absurdity of it. The only meaning to anything is the meaning we perceive and feel.

Consider universalism. Or monism. The egg theory. Whatever. Whatever gets us to act better is probably worth it. But I do not think negativity gets people to act better.
im pretty sure that I understand what you mean. for some reason my default language structure pretty much always sounds negative, that is not intentional. I think its the cold and mechanical nature of my speech patterns.

-but-

I spend my entire life outside of work in pursuit of pleasure. good times with family, friends, drugs and as much sex as i can physically manage. If this reality is not base reality, then we really do not have anything outside of Love.

-but-

If this reality is not base reality, then once we leave this simulation, nothing we did here will have any meaning, let alone be remembered.

im sorry for how this sounds, but the math does heavily suggest that we are all just waiting to die.

im sorry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I wish it wasn't true, i really do. I've been searching for meaning in life for 38 years, and i've been consistently disappointed.
Old 03-13-2023, 11:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oh same here, there are tons of things i recognize as mandela effect

throughout all my years studying physics i felt like it was BS that the speed of light is finite, when like no other forces in the universe are governed by such rigid laws

and for as long as I can remember, even as a toddler I felt like there is something really wrong with what my senses tell me is reality

i honestly feel like nothing we do in this life will ever matter for anything, and i've got a alot of contempt for life for that reason.

Fuck you universe, you aren't real. so Im just gonna get high until I die.
i trip balls on synchronicities a lot but i usually reassure myself by blaming it on psychosis from too many drugs. only upside is i'm never bored because at some level i basically operate thinking i'm in a fucked up Truman Show kinda situation.

like last month i literally went to waffle house like 20 times to see what kinda interesting people would spawn that i could talk to then tried to connect all those weird encounters together and find some meaning in it

but yeah "Drugs."
Old 03-13-2023, 11:20 PM
Banned

Quote:

If this reality is not base reality, then once we leave this simulation, nothing we did here will have any meaning, let alone be remembered.

im sorry for how this sounds, but the math does heavily suggest that we are all just waiting to die
That is entirely up to your definition of meaning

Everything you do in this life has a ripple effect outward the extent of which you cannot comprehend, for a length of time that you cannot comprehend, especially when it comes to the people you interact with

IMO
Old 03-13-2023, 11:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dislike wives being referred to as 'partners'
Old 03-13-2023, 11:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
im pretty sure that I understand what you mean. for some reason my default language structure pretty much always sounds negative, that is not intentional. I think its the cold and mechanical nature of my speech patterns.

-but-

I spend my entire life outside of work in pursuit of pleasure. good times with family, friends, drugs and as much sex as i can physically manage. If this reality is not base reality, then we really do not have anything outside of Love.

-but-

im sorry for how this sounds, but the math does heavily suggest that we are all just waiting to die.

im sorry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I wish it wasn't true, i really do. I've been searching for meaning in life for 38 years, and i've been consistently disappointed.
Fair enough, it could also just be the text format. Just pretend we're six beers deep.

I am pretty new to this form of philosophy myself, but my instincts tell me that I should say "stop searching for meaning and make it"

On a related subject, if nothing means anything, then why do you care that people are gay or trans, and have such vitriol against them? Or the other things that you post about that cause you whatever concern?
Old 03-13-2023, 11:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Embrace the absurdity of it. The only meaning to anything is the meaning we perceive and feel.

Can we also consider Ultramontanism?
Old 03-13-2023, 11:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dislike wives being referred to as 'partners'
Same

It’s wife or if you want a gender neutral then spouse

Partner implies some sort of business contract or something
Old 03-13-2023, 11:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i trip balls on synchronicities a lot but i usually reassure myself by blaming it on psychosis from too many drugs. only upside is i'm never bored because at some level i basically operate thinking i'm in a fucked up Truman Show kinda situation.

like last month i literally went to waffle house like 20 times to see what kinda interesting people would spawn that i could talk to then tried to connect all those weird encounters together and find some meaning in it

but yeah "Drugs."
drugs only activate synaptic pathways that aren't normally activated, you are literally changing your thought process, so don't be so quick to discount the effects of drugs when observing reality, sometimes you are gonna see truth that you can't see while sober. You've been sober since birth, your brain grew and formed more or less along the same pathways that are active when sober. our "individual realities" cannot be more than the information received by your senses and processed by the brain. drugs will change this with varying results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is entirely up to your definition of meaning

Everything you do in this life has a ripple effect outward the extent of which you cannot comprehend, for a length of time that you cannot comprehend, especially when it comes to the people you interact with

IMO
You're right, if this is base reality.

If its a simulation, then EverQuest is a good example. no matter how many thousands of hours you put into the game, when you log out of Norrath, none of it matters. at all.

nothing but the series of dopamine hits that we interpret as enjoyment. in which case we're just rats that learned the difference between the lever that electro shocks the cage, and the lever that drops a food pellet.

but if its a simulation, there is no dopamine or lever or pellet. It's only software.

then richard feynman's quote makes more sense.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Trexller; 03-13-2023 at 11:32 PM..
Closed Thread