Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2020, 07:02 AM
Planar Protector

It was a product of its time. Look at Baldur's Gate released the year before, same idea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baldur...speaks_BGI.png
Old 07-19-2020, 07:15 AM
Planar Protector

god damn eqClassic is a work of art.

From what I understand that project has been worked on religiously longer than P99.. and its still private!

afaik p99 actually started after eqclassic because that server was offlimits to the public, as a temporary classic solution, where it would work backwards and fix what they could, and eventually everyone would go onto the eq classic server. But for all kinds of reasons I dont really want to speculate about that didnt happen.

P99 is something special though all in of itself. Almost as special as everquest at this point I think. It's almost been around half as long and has really become the lexicon for classic information, that's pretty impressive.

Edit: God dammit now I'm loramin.
Last edited by Jibartik; 07-19-2020 at 07:25 AM..
Old 07-19-2020, 07:20 AM
Planar Protector

Disabling item links on Green would be nice.

Probably 15 minutes of Secrets's time needed (if he could disable the forced /dyn lightings while he's at it, he'd be my hero).
Old 07-19-2020, 07:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
god damn eqClassic is a work of art.
It would be. Is there even anyone still working on it actively? Its been very slow development...
Old 07-19-2020, 07:26 AM
Planar Protector

hehe see my edit fastboy!

There is 1 guy still working on it too I think, and there is a discord and (semi?) active form. It has him the as the only non slayed developer on the credits page.
Old 07-19-2020, 07:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Disabling item links on Green would be nice.

Probably 15 minutes of Secrets's time needed (if he could disable the forced /dyn lightings while he's at it, he'd be my hero).
It's actually extremely easy to remove than that.

Hint: inspecting items should not have an icon in the UI window during classic.
Old 07-19-2020, 08:15 AM
Fire Giant

Removing item linking would be terrible. I pray they don't do that lol. It's classic enough as is.
45 Dark Elf Wizard - Smurf PVP
41 Enchanter - Jeffery PVP
37 Iksar Monk - Buster PVP
26 Human Ranger - Kenny PVP
RED99
Old 07-19-2020, 09:17 AM
Planar Protector

On Green only!
Old 07-19-2020, 09:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hehe see my edit fastboy!

There is 1 guy still working on it too I think, and there is a discord and (semi?) active form. It has him the as the only non slayed developer on the credits page.
I followed the development/forums a long time ago. I even participated in some of the early early testing (maybe almost 10 years ago now?).

I don't recall the details, but from what I remember the guy leading the development essentially abandoned the project and Harakari eventually picked it up...but I don't think I've heard much in the last few years to the point that I figured it was dead.

I hit up the forums this morning b/c of this thread and the last dev update, which was from Harakari still, is over 1 year old. Either progress is VERY slow or non existent.

Hopefully someone is creeping it along slowly. Honestly though, at this point, I'm pretty happy with p99 and titanium. I'm not sure I have enough of the truly classic itch in me to go much farther back than the current setup on green...I'd def try it out, I think it is essentially a niche project of a project that was already a very niche product.
Old 07-19-2020, 01:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You could f-10 out of the letterbox window from the beginning I believe. They had some extremely primitive version of the fullscreen transparent ui. I distinctly remember using it while tricking people into letting me loot their corpse with /consent which was done away with well before kunark
Yeah, F10 was there. Amazingly so many people had no idea you could do that from what I have read here over the years.
Closed Thread