Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 08-01-2023, 10:06 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

"It's tough to argue with a smart person, but it's impossible to argue with an idiot." The fact that the Quillmane change didn't change the # (except for the reduced drop rate %) of cloaks looted, but rather the # classes who could do it (yes I've heard ad nauseum about how anyone can) without even more frustration is just shameful. The posts about the reasoning behind the change is pure nonsense. That's the point. Quillmane is still a farmed entity no less than before. Lower output is purely due to the drop rate % only.
Old 08-02-2023, 09:30 AM
Sarnak

Lol I don't know why all the fuss...literally every character I make I level them up in SKarana and run into quillmane on them and get a cloak. That's not even trying to spawn the dam thing... people just want things instantly and not have to wait...EQ is just that, a waiting game.
Old 08-02-2023, 09:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlays [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TL/DR you never got laid before
Lol, have you matured past age 14?
Old 08-02-2023, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol, have you matured past age 14?
that dude's maturity and your adult virginity seem like 2 different issues.
Old 08-02-2023, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

I know, it's a huge problem honestly
Old 08-04-2023, 08:43 AM
Large Rat

New Quillmane setup is cheeks. You can spend over 12 hours killing spawns solo as only person in zone and never spawn it. I had this experience on red. New system heavily advantages only tracking classes. I never had this issue with blue or green.

I respect the devs and mods but at the same time they got this new system wrong it only advantages people built to track/ pay someone to do so and makes getting a cloak near impossible for others.

That or you are forced to rely on friends without compensating them for their time / create a tracker yourself for a singular item.
Old 08-04-2023, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

Friends are usually happy to help without agreed compensation as they enjoy your company and it makes them feel needed, boosting their self esteem.

I don’t see a problem with an encounter requiring track. Many others require lock picking, defensive, cheal, ports, etc.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-06-2023, 06:06 PM
Large Rat

Levi is important to be able to be competitive in a pvp sense and PVE can be life saving for a mid level character while having nearly no access to it without track.

What other item in the game that is needed consistently to safely complete content is impossible locked behind a tracking, lock picking, defensive or complete heal wall under 50

pretty sure its none of them and a lot of people don't want to hassle other people to time sink other peoples time
Pretty sure its none of them
Old 08-06-2023, 07:02 PM
Fire Giant

wait till this guy needs to gear a warrior
Old 08-06-2023, 07:11 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

It took some deep digging but this quillmane change was confirmed to be lobbied by big shaman alchemy consortium. The Levi pot prices are on a steady rise.