Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 10:24 PM
Aviak

Default A little story from this week of mine

Working with your boss as his only employee into the late hours, and early mornings can sometimes get kinda squirrly. Its kind of almost like a relationship you have between the two of you - And when you break up, whether its because you quit/or fired etc. there are phases that occur. You go through the whole phase where you are shocked, and wonder why all of this is happening, or go behind his/her back to set up a better deal for yourself because of growing suspicion. Either way the height of this is generally the phase of madness which can sometimes occur where it seems to be all-out-war and someone reaches a breaking point.

It happened to come together in a mighty clash last night into today for me and my boss - He reached that point, and cracked. Lets just say he fucked up royally, and this was the perfect stormy situation involving an unstoppable force, meets an immovable object - I was not going to take it any longer.

I'd taken enough abuse and all of the things I had done to go out of my way to appease him which lead to thankless days and frustrated nights had been building up over the course of many months - So in more recently weeks I had been preparing myself, and exploring my "other" suitors in my field of design.

Well needless to say, my former boss says hes sorry for being a douche and he didnt mean all those bad things he's said and that im a good girlfrien... I mean employee.

Anyway, he wants me back that much is obvious. I'm going to keep looking on the horizon for better option's - While I'm glad i'm able to go "Freelancing" on the stretch I'm way happier to be out of the position I was in where I felt I was forced to comply to his wishes and that I had no say in the matter - This made me feel worthless and had a psychological impact on me and my ability to look forward in my career because I was being held back.

I learned a good lesson from all of this, that sometimes standing up for yourself, even when it leads to conflict, is necessary to get where you want to be - This is something I especially needed to do more of but lacked the courage for until recently. Even though the breakup can be hard with periods of insanity, I think I'm better off for it.

Change is inevitable and I think its best to meet it head on and to have the courage to dictate your own terms, than to allow yourself to be taken advantage of. A lot can happen when P99 is down!

Current status <Frisky Freelancer Open to New Opportunities, PST>
Last edited by Loretta; 04-13-2010 at 10:30 PM..
Old 04-13-2010, 10:41 PM
Sarnak

yeah, you needed to get a new boyfriend, he sounded like a jerk!
Powerful 51 Iksar Monk
Old 04-13-2010, 10:51 PM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to Taslion

Odd.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:02 PM
Fire Giant

Let me guess, you get in fights because you play too much EQ!!! Or... is it you are fighting because you haven't had your fix lately?!?!

Just kidding =) sucks to hear
Old 04-13-2010, 11:04 PM
Planar Protector

Next time, don't sleep with your boss.

A blowjob will suffice.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:07 PM
Banned

If you have a little extra money laying around the next time you're depressed or are met with hard times, you should pick up about half a gram or so of some raw heroin. It's like an orgasm for your entire body. I guarantee you'll forget about anything that is bothering you.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:01 AM
Fire Giant

Was your boss Steven Seagal?
Old 04-14-2010, 11:08 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excision Rottun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol pro
Old 04-14-2010, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excision Rottun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now that's fresh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hope you get a cool million bucks like the chick he sexually assaulted is trying for [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] that would cover your eq addiction for a while.

I enchant things...
Old 04-14-2010, 12:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you have a little extra money laying around the next time you're depressed or are met with hard times, you should pick up about half a gram or so of some raw heroin. It's like an orgasm for your entire body. I guarantee you'll forget about anything that is bothering you.
Are you seriously recommending hard drugs to people who might be impressionable due to emotional stress? Why not recommend she throws herself off a bridge? I'm sorry (not really), but frankly that makes me sick.
Closed Thread