Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghordo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All this music is fuckin garbage.
You are entitled to this opinion.
Out of curiosity , what do you listen to?
Old 04-12-2010, 02:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja
Fuck all of you who said I wouldn't make it. They said I was a loser. They said I was a no-one. They said I was a fuckin' psycho. ..but look at me now. All up in the interweb. Worldwide.
Basically, haters gonna hate. However he got to the point where he could say that, he got there. When you think you can do better, I await your interweb fame.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:56 PM
Kobold

If the last decade of reality television has taught us anything, it is that anyone can become famous. So no, I don't think this guy deserves any special respect for that accomplishment.

Who really wants to be famous though? Certainly not me.
Last edited by JaVeDK; 04-12-2010 at 02:58 PM..
Old 04-12-2010, 03:10 PM
Orc

dude talks about lvling up and playing gameboys, i can relate
Old 04-12-2010, 05:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaVeDK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the last decade of reality television has taught us anything, it is that anyone can become famous.
I completely agree with you on this point.

However, to be fair reality tv generally gives fame to those that have no talent and/or simply signed a piece of paper saying you can video tape me 24/7 making an ass of myself.

Labels have been trying to sign him for a while now. If he purely wanted fame we would have seen him back in 2002. He's an artist doing multi-media based projects and incorporating himself into it. I liken him to "The Voluptuous Horror of Karen Black", "Captured By Robots" or hell, even Gwar and Green Jello. Music was only a part of what those bands did (and for the most part the music wasn't all that great). The difference is that this guy, like pro-wrestlers in the olden days remains kayfabe.

You can argue all you want about how much you dislike the music he is making (be it now or in his past incarnations) but to simply compare him to a reality tv type personaility is a bit harsh in my opinion.

I know I'm not going to change any minds with this post but I for one really enjoy watching artists span multiple art forms and completely immersing themselves in their work. It's audio/visual/video homage and satire all rolled into one and frankly, I don't think there's enough of that these days.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:25 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

wtf where did you find these guys? thank you for contributing something "beautiful" to my life.

die antwoord vs enya made me hahahahah. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g-As...eature=related
Old 04-12-2010, 07:26 PM
Kobold

wha..? what is this thread?

He's actually not that bad, and the music is quirky enough. It might be too weird for me, but I guess that's kind of the whole idea.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:51 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Seriously, wtf? I come into this thread expecting to find some good looking butterflies, and find a bunch of so/so music? wtf dudes? Heres some sexualy attractive butterflies for yeh!

(Yes, of course they are a little NSFW)
http://baddragon.e621.inthesewer.net...32abcbb3dd.jpg
http://main.e621.inthesewer.net/data...84c18d9070.jpg
Old 04-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ngz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wtf where did you find these guys? thank you for contributing something "beautiful" to my life.

die antwoord vs enya made me hahahahah. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g-As...eature=related
Wow, that's fucking awesome.

My first contact with DA was thanks to Zexa.
No idea where (s)he found them.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:39 PM
Aviak

I actually like em. I've forced a lot of my buddies to listen to em.