Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 03-28-2023, 05:43 PM
Planar Protector

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What does the armor actually look like? I don't even know. I'm assuming people only bother getting it for the way it looks.

The wiki always sucks for this. It'll say like "appearance:" and then you click it and it's some picture of a purple dark elf or something.
you dare criticize the wiki in a loramin-themed thread?

he is the night!! he is vengeance!!

say your prayers, evildoer!!
Old 03-28-2023, 05:50 PM
Banned

Haha no I love the wiki and I think loramin has done an amazing amount of work to make it good, which it mostly is. Only criticizing the appearance links which are almost never right
Old 03-28-2023, 06:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What does the armor actually look like? I don't even know. I'm assuming people only bother getting it for the way it looks.
Barbarian cultural just looks like plain chainmail. Yeah, plain shit chain. Devs couldn't even throw the tradeskillers a bone for appearance. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 03-28-2023, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_PVP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Barbarian cultural just looks like plain chainmail. Yeah, plain shit chain. Devs couldn't even throw the tradeskillers a bone for appearance. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That doesn't seem correct.

I took the wiki data from Magelo, and admittedly Magelo is based on live EQ, but ... to my knowledge Verant/Sony never went back and changed the color of old armors, so they should still have the same coloring.

Normal chainmail (eg. https://wiki.project1999.com/Large_Chainmail_Coat) has the fashion style of "Chain", with no tint. Both the Northman Ringmail (eg. https://wiki.project1999.com/Northman_Ring_Mail) and the Imbued version (eg. https://wiki.project1999.com/Imbued_Northman_Ring_Mail) have that same fashion style, with a light purple tint (the auto-color-naming tool I used dubbed it "Melrose").

So, the two should look very similar, but the cultural armor should have a slightly purpler look. I haven't actually made any Barbarian cultural in ages though, so I can't confirm (I do have a barb smith on blue who could, but he's stuck down in the bottom of Charasis ATM [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]).

Quote:
Haha no I love the wiki and I think loramin has done an amazing amount of work to make it good, which it mostly is. Only criticizing the appearance links which are almost never right
What that boils down to is that we just don't have enough pictures of people showing off their armor. Whenever you go to look at an item (like https://wiki.project1999.com/Imbued_Northman_Ring_Mail) that no one has published a screenshot of, all we can do is show other armor that looks similar (ie. has the same fashion style), but with a different coloring/tint.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-28-2023, 07:54 PM
Sarnak

As it happens, I have made some of this armor. I haven't bothered to make a full set yet, but it's enough to get the idea.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 03-28-2023, 08:08 PM
Fire Giant

Its funny how brainwashed you guys have been over the ItS NoT ClaSsIc laziness defense, even though they said they wanted to offer custom content at some point in the server timeline.
Old 03-28-2023, 09:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_PVP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As it happens, I have made some of this armor. I haven't bothered to make a full set yet, but it's enough to get the idea.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Awesome!

If you wouldn't mind posting another pic after you make a full suit, I'd be happy to add it to the wiki for you (or you could add it yourself, by doing the same thing as the existing images on https://wiki.project1999.com/Category:Fashion:_Chain).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-29-2023, 02:36 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol this guy is a imbecile
Thanks for adding your useless contribution to the otherwise civil discussion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-29-2023, 04:44 AM
Planar Protector

Those p99 shots don't look tinted at all, do they? Is it possible to get a side by side with a barb NPC wearing chain for comparison?

This may be a discovery worthy of a bug thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drueric [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dont be confused with the voices in your head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drueric [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for adding your useless contribution to the otherwise civil discussion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Perhaps I've taken it too personally, but I didn't find your discussion so civil.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 03-29-2023, 05:07 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:

Compare that to every other race's cultural armor componants are easy to get, and the armor isnt half bad.
does every race have cultural armor? i always wondered why every toon didnt have a cool armor crafting option for the given race/class. maybe i missed something...