Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 03:13 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by baalzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Custom account types that have IP exemptions
Stopped reading right here. The IP exemptions are no joke. There is a fine line between giving people the ability to box, and just a slight inconvenience of needing an ally to help you transfer.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:13 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cats on the moon not happening on my watch.
I lol'd.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 03-30-2011, 03:17 PM
Sarnak

I think if you guys did something completely custom, and managed to keep the same feel that custom through Velious provided you could keep my attention for the rest of my life. Old school feel but without future knowledge... the thought of it almost makes me nerdgazm

Carsomyr - 55 Pally - Retired
Thalon - 49 Rogue - Temporarily Benched
Contagious - Necro - 30's and climbing
Lights - 55 Wiz - Occasional Murderer
Old 03-30-2011, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

Of luclin, I enjoyed the temple of ssra raid/exp zone and the quest for the VT key (yes, I enjoyed camping the different spawns with my guildmates). The rest of it, I didn't really care for and the retarded amount of HPs trash had in VT was absurd. I wish I had gotten to kill Seru though.

I also thoroughly enjoyed my time in PoP and thought the flagging system was cool. I remember the first time my pally tanked in PoN and was like "damn, these things hit like TRUCKS".

I quit shortly after Omens came out because I hadn't even seen the Gates of Discord territory, let alone buy Omens. Paladins on my server were a dime a dozen and I didn't enjoy having to grind out the gear in LDoN to progress.

If this server never goes passed Velious, I'd be OK. I want to experience in velks, complete NToV, and do the prayer shawl and coldain ring chains (and the 10th ring war again!). I want to finally complete an epic, and have it be relevant for near the entirety of that character's existance (hell, bard epic is relevant for a long time).

I've also done some things on this server that I never knew about, such as doing any kind of leveling in Warsilks Woods. I don't even think I even ZONED into that zone on Live.

This server has enabled me to enjoy a game much closer to the way I feel it was meant to be, and that everything since has failed to reach.

Back on topic, the thought of custom generated content (instead of cats on the moon) sounds very intriguing and I hope that if/when that time comes that I will be able to enjoy it.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:45 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cethin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Luclin is the reason why I quit EQ in the first place. I'm so glad I'm not the only person who shared this view and happy to know that P99 will not be implementing it. I can finally play EQ the way I wanted to 10 years ago!

feelsgoodman.jpg
/agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Of luclin, I enjoyed ... the quest for the VT key
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Bane of Bixies©
Huge halfling balls.

Old 03-30-2011, 03:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonkaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/agree
What he said. I quit 2 weeks after Luclin

Old 03-30-2011, 03:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonkaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
O, it was a bitch, but I got a sense of accomplishment out of it and screwing around with guildmates in /g & /gu was worth it.

On the other hand, I used my key once before we moved into PoP (I was a bit behind the expansion curve). But the trash...(with what little authority I have to speak on the matter)
Old 03-30-2011, 04:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by baalzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought AA's were a brilliant move. It gave people who were max level something to do other than raid or farm for alts.
I thought AA's were terrible. You could never stop and catch your breath. You couldn't get off the hamster wheel. All it would do here is keep the level 60 zones completely packed, with nobody playing in the 1-59 zones.

At least now, if you are not raiding, you can take a different class through the game and enjoy it again. Perhaps a melee instead of a caster. Or a good instead of an evil.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:14 PM
Fire Giant

What exactly about Luclin turned everyone off to EQ?
Old 03-30-2011, 04:15 PM
Sarnak

Cats on the moon, interface, graphics, AA's...oh and 2 poorly thought out classes.

Closed Thread