Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 04-29-2024, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

Most gear dependent non-tank?

Monk, then Ranger imo. Assuming we’re not strictly talking BiS gear a rogue with epic plus any decent off-hander will function very well compared to a rogue with non-BiS medium+ tier gear. The difference between a properly geared Ranger/monk vs that same Ranger/monk in EC gear will be substantial.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 04-30-2024, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

You're going to feel the benefits of good gear on a monk more than any other.
Old 04-30-2024, 12:55 PM
Sarnak

I'm gonna say Bard.

Get a https://wiki.project1999.com/Silver_Whip_of_Rage and https://wiki.project1999.com/Essence_Mace and you become a beast. I suppose this setup would work with ranger too.

Add in a https://wiki.project1999.com/Ring_of...Frostreaver_IV + https://wiki.project1999.com/Fungus_Covered_Scale_Tunic and you are really cookin'

Once you gear your bard, you can kill many things (without kiting) by slowing + face tanking and twisting heal songs (w/ primary lute) + dot.

I call this setup the "Battle Bard". People will laugh but it's pretty fun setup.

WIP battle bard here https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Phenomic
Old 04-30-2024, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

Epic rogue + a ToV weapon is hardly behind a Mrylokars rogue. Don't get me wrong, they're still behind but not by miles.

It's definitely monk
Old 04-30-2024, 03:12 PM
Sarnak

Part of the reason monk is such a strong answer is geared monks blur back into the tank category. But I think even if you exclude tanking monks might win out.
Old 04-30-2024, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Part of the reason monk is such a strong answer is geared monks blur back into the tank category. But I think even if you exclude tanking monks might win out.
I think it depends on what content OP wants to experience.

Monk has basically 5 key items that will give you a noticeable boost while leveling if you just want to purchase them:

1. Fungi Tunic
2. T-Staff
3. 34%+ Haste Item
4. Epic
5. WR Bags

After that you generally need to raid to see significant gains from items.

A Shaman has a few more key items that will give you a noticeable boost while leveling if you just want to purchase them:

1. Fungi Tunic
2. Fungi Staff
3. JBB
4. Epic
5. Black Fur Boots
6. Torpor (Changes your playstyle)
7. Malo
8. Bane
9. Pox
10. Level 55 Pet
11. Haste item and Weapon for levels 1-40.

I'd say a Shaman has more noticeable upgrades while leveling. A Monk has more noticeable upgrades when raiding.
Old 04-30-2024, 05:39 PM
Fire Giant

Thanks for all the replies guys! I've enjoyed reading the responses. Some are what I kind of expected to hear and some I didn't!

I am mostly interested in raid application.

So as monks gear in a raid application I assume you feel the upgrades in the forms of higher dps, taking less ae damage, and having more hp to survive pulls and aes?
Old 04-30-2024, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philistine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for all the replies guys! I've enjoyed reading the responses. Some are what I kind of expected to hear and some I didn't!

So as monks gear in a raid application I assume you feel the upgrades in the forms of higher dps, taking less ae damage, and having more hp to survive pulls and aes?
On my Monk while raiding I wouldn't say I actively notice a huge difference unless someone is parsing the damage in which case I could go compare back to different builds. But who has time in real time to devote energy to monitoring your specific DPS number on a raid

Increasing resists stats was noticeable, but that would be the case for any class and the real difference maker there was just the level of the player character anyway.
Old 04-30-2024, 06:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philistine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yea, survival gear first then collect dkp to get some dps stuff
Old 05-01-2024, 12:10 AM
Fire Giant

If we're talking raiding roles only then it's probably monk because they actually do things. Extra survivability on a monk is great for pulling, AEs fights, enables ramp/tanking some fights, etc.

The other melees are basically just auto attacking or staying out of combat (bard).

Shout out to Cleric. Having a massive mana pool and toys (namely, hosh stick, sky neck, etc) can carry a weak chain. Playing a geared cleric feels real good.