Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 03-10-2023, 06:00 PM
Sarnak

Default Ok I’m officially ready for a new PVP server

I played some blue. I played green now for over 3 years + off and on. It’s at the end of timeline

It’s time for a new PVP server (teams??). I need something new to satisfy the p99 cravings!! Can’t wait for the mayhem those first couple weeks. Balance and make it friendly enough even for neutrals and I think it would be a blast.

Where can I donate to this cause? Let’s goooo
Old 03-10-2023, 06:06 PM
Sarnak

People just do not want to pvp. Even with all the special treatment Red gets people just dont wanna even to go for.

pvp is so crap and unwanted even on the eqlive servers there is only one pvp server and while you have to pay to transfer to another server, transferring to Zek is free. and cmon man, even if teams did go live you know everyone will be evil and treat it as a regular server. EVERYBODY will be a de(female)/ogre/troll
Old 03-10-2023, 06:10 PM
Sarnak

Brother in arms

Please don’t kill my vibes! Rallos zek was some of the best mmo pvp I’ve ever played. There seems to be a ton of interest in the forums by the amount of threads. A population of 300-500 would be great especially in classic timeline.
Old 03-10-2023, 06:25 PM
Planar Protector

There aren't 400 people in the entire world who would full time play a classic PVP red server.

I feel like the hardcore everquest PVP players should make their own emulator, there is so much software out there that any halfway smart nerds could make a patchwork server stitched together from pieces of software other EMUs used and made public.

Good News! They already did that

Bad News! Nobody plays them
Old 03-10-2023, 06:39 PM
Sarnak

People are so hungry for a new server that I would bet on it a new pvp server would have great population. Especially if they waited on the green 2.0 for awhile
Old 03-10-2023, 06:56 PM
Aviak

red had a population over 500 for years, it died same reason blue died, everyone who cared had maxed out characters, just wipe it
Old 03-10-2023, 09:31 PM
Kobold

Fuck EQ PvP. It's for people too stupid to understand the mechanics are fucking awful.
Old 03-10-2023, 09:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousHalflings [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fuck EQ PvP. It's for people too stupid to understand the mechanics are fucking awful.
dont think you would be a good candidate then! GL on green 2.0 sir
Old 03-10-2023, 09:56 PM
Planar Protector

I'm serious classic EQ PVP needs to be its own project.

p99 devs aren't going to fix/balance shit for red 99, ever.

If you guys got your shit together and came up with a legitimate dev team, you could have everything you want, if you're professional about it and convey a solid realistic vision, the P99 staff will help you.

instead, you constantly beg and whine for people to build a project that they want nothing to do with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousHalflings [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ also this, if you people really wanna play PVP in a fantasy elf sim, why wouldn't you go do that in a game that did it better?
Old 03-10-2023, 10:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm serious classic EQ PVP needs to be its own project.

p99 devs aren't going to fix/balance shit for red 99, ever.

If you guys got your shit together and came up with a legitimate dev team, you could have everything you want, if you're professional about it and convey a solid realistic vision, the P99 staff will help you.

instead, you constantly beg and whine for people to build a project that they want nothing to do with.

^ also this, if you people really wanna play PVP in a fantasy elf sim, why wouldn't you go do that in a game that did it better?
Wow you know the p99 devs personally? Ask them if they didnt care why they made a red server please. Thanks brother!