Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 07:42 PM
Large Rat

Default New Player - Introduction.

Hey everyone. About to start fresh on your server, just had a few questions, please forgive me for not making use of the search function, figured I could combine my introduction with some questions and not have to dig through hundreds of old posts.

Are Halflings able to be Paladins on this server? I'm pretty set on playing a Pally and Halfling was always my favorite race on live.

Are there any decent paladin leveling guides? I realize this server has been going for awhile, so I'm just going to assume I'll be soloing a lot of content on my way up, but it's been years since I played Everquest and I couldn't even pretend to know where to start.

Any newbie guilds out there? Would love to find a group of new folks to play with, or even some folks starting an alt.

That's about all I can think of...can't wait to see you folks in game.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:58 PM
Sarnak

halflings can not be paladins

the best source of information for the server is the wiki, go to the main p99 page and click wiki on the left

The server has been here for a long time, but there is a steady flow of new characters and alts leveling up, you will have no problem finding people to group with

go to the guild section of the forums and choose one that suits you
Old 05-04-2013, 08:08 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome to the server =)
Old 05-04-2013, 08:29 PM
Planar Protector

Are you sure we can't tempt you to be a shadowknight? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Welcome aboard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-04-2013, 09:02 PM
Large Rat

I really just want to play a tank that's not a pure melee. I haven't done much research into the state of Pallys and SK's at this stage of the game. How do they measure up?

Back in the day I used to love hunting in places like Unrest and if I remember correctly, pretty much any race that can be a SK would get murdered trying to go through Faydwer, right?
Last edited by IHBT; 05-04-2013 at 09:06 PM..
Old 05-04-2013, 09:11 PM
Planar Protector

SK > Pally at this stage of the game iirc. But I remember Pallys being pretty legit in velious. You need to play what you want to play tho, EQ as you know is a retarded timesink. If you are going to waste months of your life lvling something make sure you like it =)
Old 05-04-2013, 09:12 PM
Planar Protector

Well I can't sing too loudly for the pally camp as I'm a SK fan through and through [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But SKs, great for taunting, great for pulling, great for tanking, great to roleplay, harm touch, FD (later on), pet that adds a "kick" for dps, err...other stuff too, its been a while [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Paladins... have to aggro with flash of light early on which causes mobs to flee sometimes, not really "liked" towards the end game as much as a SK, heals don't cut it, stuns are nice but you'll have a shield sometimes anyway, lay hands will save you once an hour or so (FD will save you as often as you like), you'll have to play a horrible poncey sunshine/happiness race [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]...

I'm sure someone can defend paladins, I just don't think they compare [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-04-2013, 09:25 PM
Planar Protector

Real men play bards anyways
Old 05-04-2013, 09:39 PM
Sarnak

Remember that hybrids have a 40% exp penalty that also gets passed on to the group, so leveling a hybrid sux to be you and sux to group with you =P.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:11 PM
Large Rat

That sounds fairly painful...I'm not afraid of a grind but 40% seems pretty rough.

Ok, basically I want to play a tank, I've always played a tank class in pretty much every MMO I've ever played, but Warriors are fairly gear dependent aren't they? Seems like it would be rough holding aggro over people on alts that are twinked out because they've already been playing for several years. This is what initially turned me away from a Warrior, but I'm not entirely sure if I'm down for 40% more exp to level.

Oy I hate making decisions like this.
Closed Thread