Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 02:37 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Helllloooooooooo

EQ 1999 wow. Time has flew by... but it seems like only yesterday I was sitting afk in the oasis just to hear the rain sounds while I slept.

Glad to be back. I'm level 4 now and I can say that every mmo since EQ has spoiled me and warped me into some instant gratification mmo consumer. I forgot what it was like to actually have to WORK for anything in a game.

I almost got my full set of Small Patchwork... Running around killing black wolfs hoping to get a ruined pelt so you can attempt to make a piece of 2AC armor. Even the satisfaction I get from this trivial task seems 100% more rewarding than most modern MMO rewards.

I mean.. if I'm not max level and full of epic gear within a week the game must be 'fail'. /sarcasm

Dlovin - Level 4 Halfling Warrior
Old 05-15-2013, 02:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlovin123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ 1999 wow. Time has flew by... but it seems like only yesterday I was sitting afk in the oasis just to hear the rain sounds while I slept.

Glad to be back. I'm level 4 now and I can say that every mmo since EQ has spoiled me and warped me into some instant gratification mmo consumer. I forgot what it was like to actually have to WORK for anything in a game.

I almost got my full set of Small Patchwork... Running around killing black wolfs hoping to get a ruined pelt so you can attempt to make a piece of 2AC armor. Even the satisfaction I get from this trivial task seems 100% more rewarding than most modern MMO rewards.

I mean.. if I'm not max level and full of epic gear within a week the game must be 'fail'. /sarcasm

Dlovin - Level 4 Halfling Warrior
Yeah it's sad that's what all Modern MMO's have turned into... I am really hoping EQ Next can go back to some of its roots.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:54 PM
Aviak

Eh, every successful MMORPG inevitably feels pressure from its publishers to increase numbers, which means making it "more accessible," which means level treadmill and mobs that drop gear like confetti.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:57 PM
Planar Protector

Sometimes I like games that aren't work. Usually not, though.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:02 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Yes been playing some EQ2 and talk about cake walk. When that game first released (I had it day 1) I remember it being much more difficult.

I hate tutorials and newbie easy buttons.

If only p99 could let me play my beloved Berserker, it would be a perfect game.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

I hate easy mode buttons like rechargeable puppet strings on torpor shamans as well.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:29 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome aboard. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-15-2013, 07:31 PM
Banned

Welcome back to EverQuest.
Closed Thread