Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

Good starting area for sure, enjoy! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-05-2013, 07:27 PM
Banned

Welcome to the server!
Old 05-05-2013, 09:55 PM
Planar Protector

Try to level up your Pally. This server is lacking Tanks in a bad way. Lots of level 60 Warriors. But few Tanks in the 30's 40's. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-05-2013, 10:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHBT [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Believe im going to stick with the paladin. Going to be a dwarf as well, will probably start tonight, if anyone is starting an alt look me up and we can bash some orc skulls together.

Also thanks for the input, you folks have been very helpful.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
screen capture

Welcome to the server!
Old 05-05-2013, 11:06 PM
Planar Protector

The hybrid penalty is lifted at velious launch. Personally the server being where it is I'd make something that can farm hard. Shaman or enchanter (with giant balls) are the safest bets for great farming characters. Shaman especially with a little bit of work.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeallunRumblebelly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The hybrid penalty is lifted at velious launch. Personally the server being where it is I'd make something that can farm hard. Shaman or enchanter (with giant balls) are the safest bets for great farming characters. Shaman especially with a little bit of work.
^ Worth considering.

However, if your play time is huge and you plan to play a long time paladin will be easier than long ago. Vast difference from 3-4yrs ago; many free/cheap items to go around and buffers. I would suggest getting to EC tunnle for buffs no matter what race/class you keep with: 1-12 EC/WC/Nro, Oasis 12+, also you'll have access to NFP Paladin Guild. Majority of buffers are happy to help if you ask nicely. Making the most of your time if you go with hybrid is crucial because it's such a long road. Happy hunting!
Old 05-05-2013, 11:56 PM
Banned

IF your around in game sometime /friend Gaffin. I have a few good weps / armor, and can help out with some plat to help you.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:45 AM
Large Rat

Finally was able to get in game tonight, look me up if anyone wants to group up or anything. Dwarf Paladin named Gallifrey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-06-2013, 12:53 AM
Planar Protector

damn sandre, that post was harsh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

In any case, welcome to the server, you're going to find a lot of generous and fun people here, I'd say its a great environment for both new and returning EQ players.

As far as classes go, I believe paladins and shadow knights each have their own special niches where one will excel over the other, but in general you're looking at a very strong tank in both classes. Paladins are fantastic at getting snap aggro, just as good as an SK any day, though it is true the SK is going to have a bit more utility (but you don't want utility, it doesn't sound like, you want to TANK!). Good choice going dwarf, I'd say they make the best paladins by far (except gnomes of course... wait, could gnomes ever become paladins? I dont remember. I do remember gnome warriors being the SHIT though!!)

I will say this though - and this is coming from someone who is IN NO WAY a min/maxer (i play a fucking iksar shaman as my main, I don't think anyone could accuse me of min/maxing) - that 40% xp penalty WILL scare some people away. If I was putting together a group (and I often do) I will pick a warrior over a pally/sk any day because you WILL notice that 40% penalty. Guaranteed. I actually avoid grabbing paladins or sk's if I can (this isn't to say I wont pick one up - I will, but only if my other tank options are exhausted). I have nothing against either class, it's just that my xp bar starts to crawl whenever we happen to pick one up. God forbid its a troll or iksar SK with that 60 something % penalty.. *shudder*

That being said, I've noticed that 90% of the population does not give a fuck, at least pre-50. After that level xp gains come very slowly and I think some people are a little more particular about who they pick to level with. Still, I don't think it will be a problem for you to find a group (there are a LOT of players post 50, probably more than any other level range, and there are always tons of groups everywhere you look).

All that ranting aside, welcome again to the server! You should have a blast here, and feel free to /friend gotrocks, i *always* have time to answer questions, and often have a few pp or an item to toss new players (keep in mind i am NOT rich like most of the people here - I'm probably one of the poorest forum regulars because of my casual playtimes).

And if you're having a technical problem come on over to the tech boards and let myself, falkun, lyra, or one of the other extremely helpful and overall amazing folks on the tech board figure out your problem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Or better yet, if you're a bit tech savvy yourself, please come join us! We can always use new people to help out in answering questions over there, regardless of experience level!

Enjoy p99!!

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk View Post
gotrocks community savior
Old 05-06-2013, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrocks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is coming from someone who is IN NO WAY a min/maxer...

I will pick a warrior over a pally/sk any day because you WILL notice that 40% penalty. Guaranteed. I actually avoid grabbing paladins or sk's if I can (this isn't to say I wont pick one up - I will, but only if my other tank options are exhausted). I have nothing against either class, it's just that my xp bar starts to crawl whenever we happen to pick one up. God forbid its a troll or iksar SK with that 60 something % penalty.. *shudder*
Hold your horses there gotrocks! My old SK was a troll, so thats a 68% penalty right there. I was the "go to" guy in Mistmoore for a decent XP group...one that often had CC/clarity and never went out of mana. The slowdown tends to come in the 40s, which is where I gave up (and sold him), but I'm coming back with a dark elf SK instead to minimize the crawl.

Having 2-3 hybrids is noticeable, 1 certainly isn't too bad. If you've got a good SK/paladin they're worth the investment.

For me, min/maxers not only roll halflings if possible, but they discriminate when it comes to forming a group. Funny though isn't it? A bard is a 40% penalty but everyone thinks they're extremely worthwhile?
Closed Thread