Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 12:46 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why not protect them by executing the enemy with a timely Harm Touch? Innoruuk is waiting...
Your target resisted the Harm Touch spell.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-01-2012, 12:56 AM
Planar Protector

I'm surprised there are so few mages, but I guess that class took a huge power hit in Kunark after being borderline gods in Classic.

Also warriors believe it or not can solo for xp somewhat reasonably if you have the right gear (fungi tunic, cloak of flames, truncheon of doom, blood fire, blood points, lots of root nets). When I was LFG on Sakuragi (i.e. all the time) I would kill the undead foreman if I got particularly bored. Even being Iksar at 59 I rarely had trouble with him using the above items. I think I could kill him every 6 minutes and get 1% every 3 kills so that's like 30 hours to get through 59 solo, or not that much less xp than a good group.

I think the big problem with Paladins is that their raid role is kind of poor. A good paladin is a great group tank: no aggro problems, extra healing never hurts, and plenty of CC spells. But warriors will tank all really badass mobs and unlike SKs they don't have a pulling role.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 11-01-2012, 02:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also warriors believe it or not can solo for xp somewhat reasonably if you have the right gear (fungi tunic, cloak of flames, truncheon of doom, blood fire, blood points, lots of root nets)...
For ~ 99% of the server population, coupling the word "reasonably" with "(fungi tunic, cloak of flames, truncheon of doom, blood fire, blood points, lots of root nets)" is the very essence of the term oxymoron. Just sayin...
Old 11-01-2012, 02:30 AM
Planar Protector

wtf there are that many bards?? realy?
Old 11-01-2012, 08:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wtf there are that many bards?? realy?
Rarely find one in my group, surprised me too :/
Old 11-01-2012, 08:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rarely find one in my group, surprised me too :/
Going out on a limb, a lot of people make Bards their bank alt due to Selos. So there's that. I did some who all count last night and found 13 lvl 50-60 Bards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenjitsuRZ View Post
Multiplication is used at all levels.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For ~ 99% of the server population, coupling the word "reasonably" with "(fungi tunic, cloak of flames, truncheon of doom, blood fire, blood points, lots of root nets)" is the very essence of the term oxymoron. Just sayin...
Well, its really only ~150k of gear nowadays. At L59 I would think even untwinked warriors should be able to get that kind of stuff as long as they have been making the effort to hit Sebilis and saving their pennies. But, yeah, certainly not an option in the 40s.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 11-01-2012, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraftwerk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Going out on a limb, a lot of people make Bards their bank alt due to Selos.
Indeed. A level 5 bard with a drum is a great mule character [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-01-2012, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

Good point on the mules but I would tend to think there are probably a ton more Bards than we think, we just never see them in our groups because they're AE kiting and not grouping.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:09 PM
Banned

Yes, from memory, most of the bards were sub-50.
Closed Thread