Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 03:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Root + DW helm alters pally soloing 44+. It'll still take forever and a day due to low DPS, but you can outheal, mana free.

Bard is not a melee as far as soloing is concerned. Swarm kiting is much more caster-like if you have to bin it into either "caster" or "melee".
you can fear kite as a bard quite effectively... slower than swarming but usually alot safer. you can also chant kite as well which is really safe but not melee in any way. drum selos chant chant selos. slower than fear kite but alot safer.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kender [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you can fear kite as a bard quite effectively... slower than swarming but usually alot safer. you can also chant kite as well which is really safe but not melee in any way. drum selos chant chant selos. slower than fear kite but alot safer.
The risk reward of AE kiting prior to level 54 is enormous. I did a kite on red and went from 38-40 in about one hour ish. It then took me about 30 minutes of suicide against cliff golem to get back to 38, like 20 some deaths. So even if you die once or twice on a nice kite you're coming out way on top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenjitsuRZ View Post
Multiplication is used at all levels.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraftwerk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The risk reward of AE kiting prior to level 54 is enormous. I did a kite on red and went from 38-40 in about one hour ish. It then took me about 30 minutes of suicide against cliff golem to get back to 38, like 20 some deaths. So even if you die once or twice on a nice kite you're coming out way on top.
yep... when i started ae kting in SK i'd get a level a pull. that dropped to a level every other pull after a few levels as i outleveled the mobs. when i hit OT i started small (only about 40 mobs) and was getting 3-4 yellows per pull. eventually i'd pull 80-100 and still get around 3-4 yellows (i was higher level by that stage)

it's not something everyone can master though. for those that can't you can solo via fear kite and chant kite... but it's usually more fun to group

as far as least played... you see alot of the least played characters running around a low levels but then by the time of level 20-30 they disappear. alot of that is to do with the xp penalties imposed on the hybrids (40% is brutal). the benefits the classes bring just dont match the penalty which was why they were later removed
Old 10-31-2012, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Root + DW helm alters pally soloing 44+. It'll still take forever and a day due to low DPS, but you can outheal, mana free.
Not so true as you might wish. You can't sit while waiting out the cast time on the hat, so it's not actually mana free as you're losing the med ticks while you heal. You heal faster than sitting & casting normally, but with how easy it is to time casts to med ticks here it's not really game changing, just a mild speed-up. Either way any mob you can reliably stick root to is soloable, and if you can't stick root reliably you're shit-outa-luck. Also, unless you have certain access to 90% or better rez, or you're soloing at a zone line, the occasional death will cost multiple hours of solo progress.

There are a few places it a 40+ paladin can solo for xp rather slowly, and a few more that you can solo incredibly slowly, but really it's a shit way to play EQ. Why play if you're not having fun? Paladin is a tank, and as such needs a group to be effective doing anything other than farming greens for tradeskill mats. And it can be tough finding a group on a server where it often seems that 99% of the player population si mindlessly fapping to their xp/kill like some crowd of masturbating robots.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:28 PM
Banned

Based on a quick /who all this evening.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-31-2012, 09:49 PM
Aviak

Well this is my first pally, but my friend played a pally on live and we duo'd quite effectively (i was a mage). He also saved my butt a million times ...

While Pally DPS even now on live BLOWS (that goes double for p99), the healing ability of a Paladin, plus LoH, I am sure has saved many lives in a bad pull situation....

Thats why I am excited about leveling my Pally here... Regardless of what nay-sayers will say.... I look forward to protecting the lives of my group members!!
Old 10-31-2012, 10:01 PM
Planar Protector

why not protect them by executing the enemy with a timely Harm Touch? Innoruuk is waiting...
Old 10-31-2012, 10:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why not protect them by executing the enemy with a timely Harm Touch? Innoruuk is waiting...
i save the life of my group members, for 10000 hp, every 20s, manaless and no recast. :3
Old 10-31-2012, 10:59 PM
Sarnak

I'd bet mage numbers have dropped the most since P99 launch, since the pet xp nerf

"Thou speak'st aright; I am that merry wanderer of the night."
Old 10-31-2012, 11:34 PM
Sarnak

Leveling a ranger was a pain in the butt, but once you get SoW at 39 the game really changes, you don't die nearly as much soloing. If you have a lot of haste and regen you can just root park enemies, dot them and back off when you need to heal, the safer and slower way would be to just root, dot, then bow them down. With the tolan's bracer you at least don't have to spend boat loads of money on arrows. In a group rangers are best utilized by pulling continuously to make up for their exp penalty, once you get in a pulling rhythm the experience really does start to fly.
Closed Thread