Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 10:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's some good things they could possibly take from swtor as well, such as the physics system, possibly some aspects of the graphics.. the scenery in that game did look astonishing.

Just for god sakes whatever they do, do NOT take the stun and resolve system from swtor.. worst I've ever seen.
Agreed to both, but I hope they can take the scenery and graphics without feeling like the world is a static backdrop. It felt really sterile to me.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think sides should be a one time decision, though. One of the charms of EQ is that with enough work you could be an evil race that lived with the goodies, stuff like that. Maybe the game could select what "side" you were on based on how many friendly factions you had on each side. You could break into neutral territory and not participate in pvp wars or whatever over cities if you wanted, and just use them regardless of who holds control.
This somehow reminded me of soemthign from EQ2.

In Freeport, Dark Elf district, there was this DE npc by the bank who kept commenting on any player who would visit the bank. If player would be a Dark Elf, the npc would praise the player on his gear, or level etc. If player was any other race, then the npc would go out of his way to make fun you or even insult you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So one day I am digging in my vault, when I saw a High Elf Necromancer walk into a BANK! (To get a High Elf necromancer you would need to start a High Elf Magician in Qeynos, level to level 20, and then do a long ass Betrayal quest to switch to evil faction in Freeport, after which you become converted to a necromancer)
So when this DE npc who is commenting on everyone, detects this player he goes like this:

"A High Elf necromancer? Oh THANK YOU INNORUK! We've won!"

I burst into laughing when I saw that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some of designers sure put a lot of thought into "what if" and even bothered to code it in [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-23-2012, 02:43 AM
Planar Protector

Feels like i heard this hype before, same talk everytime yet all new games feature all the shit we all hate, such as instances.
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:34 AM
Fire Giant

I'm hoping EQ Next is more like EQ1 than anything else on the market. Unfortunately, it depends whether they're going for the masses or for a stable, smaller community. On the subject of GW2; I'm already burnt out. Reached 80 and had no interested on grinding those ridiculous and unrewarding dungeons, classes play much like each other and ultimately, I found little satisfaction in the game.

P99 - Blue
Lafael - Druid - Level 60
Garnagle - Necro - Level 57
Seductress - Enchanter - Level 52
Sweets - Bard - Level 35
Venexia - Shaman - Level 60
Wonderelf - Warrior - Level 51
Old 10-23-2012, 10:48 AM
Sarnak

tldr but someone suggested dragon rampage. not entirely sure what that means but if its a dragon going nutz on random zones/towns killing anyone in his path I am all for it! about time these dumbass dragons actually kick ass instead of sit in a lair waiting for a raid force to take them out. eq npcs are dumb as hell.

edit: diggles why did you join the goon/reddit faggots?
Old 10-23-2012, 11:14 AM
Fire Giant

The days of pc-games as we know them are probably numbered anyway. People are going to make shit that has some kind of smartphone/tablet functionality, or console accessibility at the very least. Hell, even a blockbuster pc release like Skyrim felt like a console port-- with a controller-navigatable menu that jut felt like a big wheelchair ramp for my mouse/keys.

You don't have to look long on the internet to hear a chorus of very loud, very dedicated pc players demanding the same kinds of things out of a game, the same shit we've read a thousand times before every time somebody bashes WoW or any of its clones. The fact that publishers and developers haven't responded to this... I think that indicates they just don't feel like it makes market sense. Meanwhile people like Notch shit out a game like Minecraft in their spare time and we gobble it up because we're desperate for something fun that hasn't been bent over and raped, sterilized, and ported to consoles by a boardroom full of MBA's.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonzord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

edit: diggles why did you join the goon/reddit faggots?
reddit/goon faggots are better than russian faggots or elitepvp faggots.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
reddit/goon faggots are better than russian faggots or elitepvp faggots.
maybe... haha all a bunch of faggots. some goons got owned in gallente faction warfare system, they were kinda mad. promised bat phone was called but after an hour of waiting noone came [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-23-2012, 01:59 PM
Banned

probably not real goons because faction warfare is just babbys first sov war.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:19 PM
Sarnak

ya at least they make eve fun and forums interesting

unrelated but i find this video hilarious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2KMZ_bxxr0
wish i could edit shit like that