Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

There's no reason that involves 'you still get all the loot', thats true. If that's your only motivation for action then I guess you wouldn't agree to it. Now, if the server admins got involved to the point of BACKING the rotation with enforcement via temp bans, that would give you a pro reason to co-operate. I doubt that'll happen, and I'm not advocating it necessarily, but it would have an effect.

I was counting on maybe folks would just do it because there's more to the game than loot. Er..wait. Is there?
Old 04-16-2012, 01:43 PM
Kobold

This all comes down to how people want to play.

We are all playing on a server with too many raiders for the amount of loot. Either be patient or be competitive.

If you want to be competitive then you need a large enough (and dedicated) guild that can field a raid at any time of day. If you don't/can't there are enough others that someone will. TMO is not the first guild that has done this (and probably won't be the last). They could easily be competed with if people wanted to put the same amount of effort, but instead they look for ways to make the server adapt to their playstyle. As a side note, variance is not what created this. Without variance you just need to sit at the spawn point longer than your competition. You still need the same resources.

If you want to play more casually or have time constraints, then play smart and use your resources wisely. Sure, it is frustrating (like the last 3-4 weeks) when everything spawns late night or during working hours, but keep at it and you get kills over time.

If all I wanted to do was be attempt NPC encounters with small groups of friends, I would play a different game or on my own emulated server.

Also, I am not trying to call out the OP or anyone else. Sure, there is plenty of drama in the high end raid scene. Has been since the beginning. Either find a way to compete or look for something else to do, there is plenty of high-end loot that is equal to or better than dragon loot that is easily attainable by casual-style guilds.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:49 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joroz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The answer to this thread is obviously "you don't want it enough"... the format of this server allows people with no jobs and nothing going on in real life to triumph in a little corner of the Internet.
Yes, that's it. Having players from many different time zones and others who are willing to wake up in the middle of the night to kill things has nothing to do with it.

Can't win at decade old video game -> call those that do losers. lol.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's no reason that involves 'you still get all the loot', thats true. If that's your only motivation for action then I guess you wouldn't agree to it. Now, if the server admins got involved to the point of BACKING the rotation with enforcement via temp bans, that would give you a pro reason to co-operate. I doubt that'll happen, and I'm not advocating it necessarily, but it would have an effect.

I was counting on maybe folks would just do it because there's more to the game than loot. Er..wait. Is there?
if there was more to EQ than loot, people wouldn't complain about the end game raiding i suppose.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AenarieFenninRo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Although i'm not 100% against the idea, there is no "logic" behind why TMO would agree to this. If they're getting all the mobs now, why would they voluntarily offer to give up on all the loots that our toons still need? We have voluntarily given up several mobs over the last couple weeks, and will likely continue to do so because we get no significant loot off of them that we cant wait one extra week for. Trakanon / VS and others that drop epic pieces are a different story though.

When agreement was made on the rotation of Trakanon a few months ago, it was a 50/50 toss up if they would get Trak anyway, so implementing a rotation was logical. It didn't change how often we got the mob as opposed to IB, it simply made it so we didn't have to rush every time to be there.

VD a while back suggested to keep this going, and we said to "prove themselves", after that the trak spawns went something like 8 for TMO, 2 for VD... that was not a "toss up" that was a "we're likely to win most, and only miss out on a couple" so we again had no reason to agree to a rotation.

Well zeelot has said we will be letting more than one mob up in the near future. I think this is fair magnanimous considering you are still free to compete on any target you want I.e. fay, maestro etc.
Vs I can see as a free target soon, even trak too however, I doubt that will happen before we sell our bard epic MQ.

So if you want trak pool your cash and buy your fav guild bard their epic!
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if there was more to EQ than loot, people wouldn't complain about the end game raiding i suppose.
Velious is the panacea...I mean vindi is like an 8 hour spawn right?
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:14 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischsemmel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looks like you don't get why it's done. Some people might raid just because of the gear, but other people just enjoy it all around. I'm having a blast raiding with TMO, even when I don't get gear, even when we don't have competition, even when we wipe, etc.
I guess that makes sense. If you're enjoying the experience, then I suppose you'd be foolish if you didn't do it.

I just don't care for the trouble and arguments generated by disputes over raids and looting raid-related stuff. It seems like some players take the game far too seriously. On the flip side, I suppose I don't take it seriously enough, considering I have a total /played of almost 19 days, yet I'm only about halfway through level 40.

I spend most of my time PLing lowbies and showing new players the ropes. I do a lot of ports (as a druid), but I spend prettymuch all of the income from my ports buying gear to give to a needy new player that I randomly encounter.

But you seem to have a better grasp on the raiding stuff, and the fact that you can enjoy the experience with your guild even when it goes horribly awry speaks to your sensible approach to the game.

Like I said, some people take the game far too seriously. On Live, I lost a corpse equipped with all of the best gear I could round up because I kept dying while trying to retrieve it. It was such a frustrating experience that it made me never want to venture into any place where I could not ready retrieve my corpse if I had to. And it also made me quit playing my Mage and switch to a Druid so I could easily get around the world to help other players and what not.

That's what makes EQ so great. You and I are playing the same game, but we play it in totally different ways, and still, we both enjoy the heck out of our time playing this game.

Oh, and send me a tell if ya ever need a port/bind/buff/Blade of Xalgoz.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:17 PM
Fire Giant

This is kinda irrelevant to OP, but..
@ TMO: I'm sure you guys are pretty bored now right considering you can just take your time to kill any targets. Most of you relish not for loot, but for competition, so why don't you guys create competition amongst yourselves. Have some kind of draft amongst your own players and split the guild up in two for a little bit and race each other. That would be funny.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:09 PM
Fire Giant

While I understand that many do not like rotations, I am hoping that when Red99 finally dies they consider duplicating p99 and having forced rotations.

I understand it would be hard to police but I am sure there are some people, guild leadership maybe that would be happy to manage it and make something work.

Red99 is obviously dead. I think it is very kind of TMO to do the endangered list so that not all guilds need to give up their lives to get some dragon loot.

I would happily reroll and relocate to a forced rotation p99 server.

/dream off

Asher
Old 04-16-2012, 04:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekniq [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is kinda irrelevant to OP, but..
@ TMO: I'm sure you guys are pretty bored now right considering you can just take your time to kill any targets. Most of you relish not for loot, but for competition, so why don't you guys create competition amongst yourselves. Have some kind of draft amongst your own players and split the guild up in two for a little bit and race each other. That would be funny.
has already been discussed lol
Closed Thread