Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 05:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehrmacht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All I know is that when Velious was the latest expansion, if you ran behind a wall before a caster finished a spell, it wouldn't go off. Anyone claiming otherwise is just a plain idiot or a liar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehrmacht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's pretty easy to remember if you could run behind a wall to avoid spells or not seeing as how I did it probably 1000 times. Eventually a non-Heresy moron will post in the thread and confirm running behind walls to break line of sight stopped spells.

Quote:
HAHAHAHA SO SORRY. Looks like Macken is wrong once again. Yes, the second line of sight check was eventually removed on EQ live but it wasn't until later expansions. Day 1 of Sullon Zek, Line of sight worked exactly as mentioned below:
Quote:
Sorry to break up you guy's festival of idiots concerning Line of Sigh Checks, but once again Wehrmacht is right and Macken is wrong. Confirmed by Null himself, as well as about 10 other people. Unless the server is supposed to emulate Everquest 1 month before Planes of Power release, then it should have 2 LoS checks:
Quote:
It wasn't a question of balance. He was stating that during this time period, there was only 1 LoS check. He was obviously wrong as usual. I pulled up that null post and made him look retarded, hence why he briefly stopped spamming the forum with jibberish.
Quote:
It's actually very easy to understand what he means. He said it pretty clearly, that during classic, two LOS checks existed which is why it's like that and it wasn't changed till PoP. I used walls to avoid LOS check on spells the entire time from level 1-60 on SZ so it matches exactly what I experienced.
Must drive this into the ground so wormoct will never be allowed to deny or ever live down.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:14 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to wehrmacht

Here ya go moron. Lemme repost all of the people saying walls and water blocked spells

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-01-2011, 06:43 AM
Fire Giant

I remember early in SZ there was no LoS check at all PVP (my example being the wizard who would rape people at neriak bank). I know for sure it was like this up to SoL.

I do know that water was always a stopper. Running like a bitch away from high levels in Oasis using the water to stop their nukes; that was so exciting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth View Post
What is griefing to you anyway? Getting killed without a white glove to the left cheek and a formal declaration of imminent fisticuffs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceros View Post
If you guys hadn't noticed, mimix ownz all, so just give in.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Here ya go moron. Lemme repost all of the people saying walls and water blocked spells
I know and respect most of those people in your quotes. But that doesn't mean their opinions on wether or not los is a good idea has any weight. Nor does it mean that there was los on SZ at the beginning.

SZ from the very beginning until about 16 months in was a non-los server. None, zilch, not 1, not 2, but no los check at all. Doesn't matter what anyone says. Doesn't matter if you get Braid McQuaid or John Smedley to come to my house and try to convince me, I'll root them out the door. You can't tell me because i was there bro. I know bro because i was in the middle of my SZ Sensei training, while you got griefed off to play Civilization 2 with other like minded guys.

Phase hopping was nerfed sometime between PoP and OoW
Old 05-02-2011, 12:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SZ from the very beginning until about 16 months in was a non-los server.
Lol yea right, I quit after like a year and there was 2 los checks then when I quit. 16 months my ass. More like 16 days.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:29 AM
Banned

/snicker
Old 05-02-2011, 01:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Lol yea right, I quit after like a year and there was 2 los checks then when I quit. 16 months my ass. More like 16 days.

Macken is a douche, but you're wrong here.

There were ZERO LOS checks on SZ up to a month before PoP. Then it became a check at casting only.

Quote:
What is griefing to you anyway? Getting killed without a white glove to the left cheek and a formal declaration of imminent fisticuffs?
Quote:
Old 05-02-2011, 02:09 AM
Fire Giant

Talking

Does it even matter? Null is creating the server and im sure if he wanted advice from the peanut gallery he would ask. The box will be whatever he decides and you will all play regardless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakaris View Post
My brother is an award winning body builder and I'm faster bigger and stronger than him.
The Dukes Vengeance
Old 05-02-2011, 02:46 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terpuntine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does it even matter? Null is creating the server and im sure if he wanted advice from the peanut gallery he would ask. The box will be whatever he decides and you will all play regardless.
Go sit over there, kid ----->

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-02-2011, 03:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimixownzall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Macken is a douche, but you're wrong here.
Macken's friend Xebekn that he always grouped with even said there was a double LOS check, the only thing in argument is how long there was 0 LOS and how long there was 2 LOS.
Closed Thread