Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 09:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachtMystium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Filbus and Baler are kind of like puppeteers and have won favour and have charmed the GMs into Filbus' roleplay name registrar game which I've joined in on out of spite(most fun i've had in a long time on p99), and Baler's extreme autism. The names weren't chosen at random, they were handpicked and delivered.

So, I am HOPING in the next wave we get rid of all the big fish to cause some REAL entertainment
You give Baler and Skarlorn far too much credit here regarding the name policy stuff. The staff changed names, none of us know the real reason why. It had nothing to do with Baler's year-ago-thread where he and many others (myself included) added names to his "list" for fun (or for hate as he did.)

Baler just celebrates the sadness of other players because he is a miserable envious creature who blames everyone else for his unhappiness and for the banishment of his elf lover Swish getting perma-banned off the forums.

Skarlorn is just doing what he always does; masterfully puppets the crowd, including Baler who laps up any attention Skarlorn throws his way.

Can't blame him though, Skarlorn is very charming and holds the high social status on the forums Baler wishes he had himself. Baler pines away every night hoping one day he can be so popular on the elf forums. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I feel pity for Baler, because he's a puppet and doesn't even realize it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

As for Skarlorn, his trolling is intelligent and calculated and if you sit back and watch the entire episode from afar everyone has been quite predictable including him too. I believe his part to be just a ploy to whip up all the elfs on the forums into a frenzy for shits and giggles.

I do agree that it will be interesting to see if some of the better known players on the server who raid and have a lot of affluence on the server get their names wiped. I still see some of the same people with names clearly violating the policy, so we shall see!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden View Post
Wow, someone actually got it right. Lhancelot gets a gold star. They are 100% set by players even though we will enforce the way Lhancelot stated above.
Old 02-11-2018, 09:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilbob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're hoping to end the problem BECOMING the problem isn't a very bright solution.
actually accelerationism is the only way

T R U M P
Old 02-11-2018, 09:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakerees [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The name Loramin should not exist in Norrath. Cleanse it. No one is above the rules.
Old 02-11-2018, 09:26 PM
Aviak

kittens will be the actual issue which will show if the staff are serious about this or not, absolutely immersion shattering
Banned

You misunderstand me, Lhance. I am simply a man who cares deeply for role play immersion. I prostrate myself before the lord of immersion and hope for the slightest glimpse of enlightenment in the flames of self immolation which spread from my self reported toon onto the populace of norrath as a wildfire must consume the dry brush
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You give Baler and Skarlorn far too much credit here regarding the name policy stuff. The staff changed names, none of us know the real reason why. It had nothing to do with Baler's year-ago-thread where he and many others (myself included) added names to his "list" for fun (or for hate as he did.)
my one name that got changed was on balers list

you underestimate his power
Old 02-11-2018, 10:11 PM
Aviak

<Kittens Who Ruin Immersion>
9 Erudite Magician - Adisa
Old 02-11-2018, 10:37 PM
Sarnak

The lenses have been re-focused...nitpicking on minor names of nobodies in the crowd who probably had a lot of time invested in their character and letting big boys slide like Detoxx, kittens, etc. while I understand it's frankly a free project and the staff are not obligated to do anything at all, it can still be criticized as just a bad practice and poor taste. The current state of P99 is pretty devolved from what it originally was, not really due to staff, but to the players who created this environment and the staff have to deal with it.
Old 02-11-2018, 10:45 PM
Orc

Maybe its the writer in me but I'm imagining name snitch going on a RL crusade... Apple sorry you can't have that name please report to the SS office... Mercedes and Lexus you too sorry.
Old 02-11-2018, 11:04 PM
Sarnak

Loramin, have it changed to Lotrimin. Might not burn as much.

Friends currently on EverQuest:
---------------------------------
There are no players in EverQuest that match those who filters.
Last edited by Utmost; 02-11-2018 at 11:06 PM.. Reason: Itching
Closed Thread