Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 02:57 PM
Banned

Default I'm playing Legion tonight

Anyone else?
Old 08-29-2016, 03:13 PM
Banned

I was soloing giants since everyone at FM Giant Fort are determined on soloing and not grouping. I found myself fear kiting and killing 1-2 giants before having to med.

Well a Bunyai aggroed me while I was killing a giant, the giant was 15% and I was under 20% so naturally I had to run.

Well I had inspected this certain monk earlier and noticed he had a fungi and that amazing staff that rangers use. As well as other amazing twink gear.

I walked up to him and asked "Help!", he replied "Zone bro, that mob is yellow to me."

Are you kidding me? I managed to make it to Lake of Ill Omen strafe kite style with no SoW at 10%. You have a FUNGI, He doesn't even take DAMAGE he regens so fast.

Point is, all I see are twinked monks that want to solo and it defeats the purpose of classic EQ. You have over 200k in loot on your monk alone and you're going to be that CUTTHROAT over competition on forest loops?

EDIT: SORRY HE WAS A RANGER I GUESS I CAN'T BE TO UPSET! I think I'd reroll tho seriously.
Old 08-29-2016, 04:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was soloing giants since everyone at FM Giant Fort are determined on soloing and not grouping. I found myself fear kiting and killing 1-2 giants before having to med.

Well a Bunyai aggroed me while I was killing a giant, the giant was 15% and I was under 20% so naturally I had to run.

Well I had inspected this certain monk earlier and noticed he had a fungi and that amazing staff that rangers use. As well as other amazing twink gear.

I walked up to him and asked "Help!", he replied "Zone bro, that mob is yellow to me."

Are you kidding me? I managed to make it to Lake of Ill Omen strafe kite style with no SoW at 10%. You have a FUNGI, He doesn't even take DAMAGE he regens so fast.

Point is, all I see are twinked monks that want to solo and it defeats the purpose of classic EQ. You have over 200k in loot on your monk alone and you're going to be that CUTTHROAT over competition on forest loops?

EDIT: SORRY HE WAS A RANGER I GUESS I CAN'T BE TO UPSET! I think I'd reroll tho seriously.
Old 08-29-2016, 04:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wat
I'm really on the fence about Legion. After leaving EQ for WoW on release day and being sucked in for several years, I haven't played seriously since WotLK. Even so, I was a hair away from buying Legion when I saw Prime members could get $10 off with release-day delivery, had it in my cart and everything. A number of my friends play and will be getting Legion, but ultimately I didn't click purchase. I was just too disappointed with the last several expansions and the general direction of the game. I asked myself what I was more likely to be playing and enjoying 1 year from now and the answer was P1999, not WoW.
Last edited by Trollhide; 08-29-2016 at 04:47 PM..
Old 08-29-2016, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orotiagito [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone else?
Good choice. Just installed and resubbed first time since WOTLK.

Love what Im seeing with the overhauls of the talent system simplification, simplification of glyphs (gone/removed) and reduction of gear in PvP. And overall ability overhauls done since Cataclysm (The worst time to play WoW)

I just want to have fun Leagues/DOTA style and WoW has moved closer to that end.

The BAD NEWS: I have a 2013 rig, and WoW has evolved past being able to run medium graphics. I have to set my setting to a 4/10 instead of the average 5/10 setting. It makes me sad since my motherboard cant handle bigger cards and I prefer Windows 7.

What company offers tech support on the phone and will help me build a new PC that is compatible with my HD and is the HD the same thing as the motherboard? Or can I get a new motherboard and keep my HD? Is IBUYPOWER.COM a good one? Need some direction on this.

BestBuy geek squad didn't know what I should do.

Techies help pls.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Last edited by AzzarTheGod; 08-29-2016 at 04:49 PM..
Old 08-29-2016, 04:52 PM
Fire Giant

Just Youtube a guide and build your own PC, shit's about as easy as Legos
Old 08-29-2016, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollhide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just Youtube a guide and build your own PC, shit's about as easy as Legos
Can you shed any light on if a HD and a motherboard are the same thing? Or are these separate parts?

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 08-29-2016, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good choice. Just installed and resubbed first time since WOTLK.

Love what Im seeing with the overhauls of the talent system simplification, simplification of glyphs (gone/removed) and reduction of gear in PvP. And overall ability overhauls done since Cataclysm (The worst time to play WoW)

I just want to have fun Leagues/DOTA style and WoW has moved closer to that end.

The BAD NEWS: I have a 2013 rig, and WoW has evolved past being able to run medium graphics. I have to set my setting to a 4/10 instead of the average 5/10 setting. It makes me sad since my motherboard cant handle bigger cards and I prefer Windows 7.

What company offers tech support on the phone and will help me build a new PC that is compatible with my HD and is the HD the same thing as the motherboard? Or can I get a new motherboard and keep my HD? Is IBUYPOWER.COM a good one? Need some direction on this.

BestBuy geek squad didn't know what I should do.

Techies help pls.
That's a shame :/ Guess you will just have to remain here with us ^^
Old 08-29-2016, 05:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can you shed any light on if a HD and a motherboard are the same thing? Or are these separate parts?
I'm going to assume you're not trolling me and answer you earnestly.

No they are not the same thing, and you wouldn't want to keep your hard drive anyway. A solid state drive is going to hugely improve your overall system speed and they have gotten remarkably cheaper over the past few years. Here is the list of parts required to build a pc:

Case (and cooling fans)
Power supply
Motherboard
Disk drive (highly recommend solid state, or "SSD")
CPU
RAM
Graphics card, unless you want to use integrated graphics from the CPU (don't)
Operating system

you literally just pop everything into the only slots they will fit into, connect some power plugs and away you go
Old 08-29-2016, 05:01 PM
Fire Giant

Just download some more RAM and you should be good to go.
Closed Thread