Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 08:05 PM
Planar Protector

Let's revert to insults and imagery to boost our egos, shall we?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:05 PM
Large Rat

The superiority of guild vs guild pvp settling these matters is most stupendous.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:06 PM
Large Rat

I give you a+ for that one goobles, its like a mspaint mona lisa.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The *Tin foil hat* symptom Wenai likes to throw out there a bunch certainly seems to be true from time to time.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What do you expect from Jimlizzia Jones & the Kool Aid Krew?
Old 01-19-2010, 08:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by India Pale Ale [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The superiority of guild vs guild pvp settling these matters is most stupendous.
http://project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1489
Old 01-19-2010, 08:12 PM
Planar Protector

thank you to all the usual forum trolls from both sides shitting up my post

for the sake of focus, let me reiterate: the "rules" made regarding rotation are retarded and allow for guilds to to slow down spawn (and subsequent drop) rates of all major mobs, resulting in fewer drops for everyone involved. In other words, the system allows players to fuck themselves once a week, and be fucked by other people on alternate weeks.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
thank you to all the usual forum trolls from both sides shitting up my post
Sorry dude, honestly was not trying to hijack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
for the sake of focus, let me reiterate: the "rules" made regarding rotation are retarded and allow for guilds to to slow down spawn (and subsequent drop) rates of all major mobs, resulting in fewer drops for everyone involved. In other words, the system allows players to fuck themselves once a week, and be fucked by other people on alternate weeks.
Yeah this is a problem of the current system, and it sucks. Do you have an alternative in mind?
Old 01-20-2010, 12:58 AM
Kobold

this thread:
trans : well he popped but its 2am, its too late so lets just grab him tomorrow kk
ib: HOLY SHIT CONSPIRACY THEY ARE TRYING TO STRETCH THEIR SPAWN OUT TO FUX US
tras: lol wat? even if that were true, QQ too bad
ib : WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF\

also i am pro ib so ~ not biased
Old 01-20-2010, 01:05 AM
Sarnak

A million better solutions have been proposed, except GMs and Trans leadership don't actually want a different solution, because a non-classic involuntary rotation is their preferred solution.

Randomized spawn time of 36-48 hours with a limited time to engage mob, without a rotation, solves every problem preposed. But it is ignored.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:35 AM
Skeleton

Some people enjoy the competition of racing for spawns. I did, for sure. I spent a good part of my EQ career in the top guild on my server, and I loved every second of watching other guilds cry bitter tears when we beat them week after week through Velious and Luclin.

That being said, it drove off a lot of players as soon as another MMO came out that looked interesting, and not just the ones that weren't in the top guild. Consistently beating everyone to the spawn required alarm clocking, skipping work, school, etc. Some people couldn't do that, ended up being forced out of guild, and then were ostracized from the rest of the server for being "one of those assholes". While competition was fun, it had a decidedly negative impact on the overall population. This is not something you can successfully dispute, but you're welcome to try.

The thing you are failing to understand, in all of your self-righteous fury, is that this is not a live server. It's a project created by some random guys in their free time, supported by the community as a whole, with a distinctly different goal than EQLive had. EQLive was first and foremost a commercial venture. This is a server created for the specific experience of letting players indulge in nostalgia. That means you do not get the right to dictate how things should be for the rest of the server. A rotation makes absolute sense, given what this server was intended to be. I'm sure you don't like it: ten years ago, I wouldn't have either. But that's how it is, and I fully support the GMs in their decision to make it that way. I'm sure that if the rotation becomes a big enough issue, they'll make a logical fix, namely shortening the spawn time. It won't be classic, but plenty of things here aren't, and so far everything I've seen leads me to believe that the devs are intelligent enough to realize when a change should be implemented.

tl;dr version - stop being a whiny cunt.
Closed Thread