Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 03-07-2024, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by real_sauga_yoot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're not missing out. The boots are absolute garbage.
Untrue. They are great mana savers when dealing with living mobs. When a mob is snared and pathing back to you, you can get a good chunk of the Fear casting done from the boots before the mob reaches you. With channeling being strong on P99, you are often able to land the spell even after taking multiple hits.

https://youtu.be/mI_IJ_F1GCY?feature=shared&t=325 - Here is an example of me using Blood Ember Boots and Blood Ember Gauntlets in Sebilis. 40 mana from your normal Fear spell takes 1 minute to recover while standing when you have FT2 and FT1 items equipped. Saving a minute of recovery per cast if you don't want to waste time meditating is nice. It's even better when you don't have FT2 or FT1 items yet. When you only have 1 mana regen per tick standing, that is 40 ticks to recover a single fear spell if you are trying to avoid meditation downtime. Engulfing Darkness is 60 Mana, so I am saving a total of 100 mana per combination use of Blood Ember Boots and Gauntlets. This means I do not need to spend 30 seconds meditating that mana back, or waiting 2.5 minutes to recover that via standing regen.

Efficient soloing is about managing HP and Mana levels properly, trying to ensure one doesn't get too low. With Troll Regen + 2x AoB + Epic, I am always regenerating HP faster than Mana while standing, so it is fine if I take a few extra hits while casting Blood Ember Boots/Gauntlets.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 03-07-2024 at 02:30 PM..
Old 03-07-2024, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

erudite > human > troll > rest
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 03-07-2024, 02:59 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Untrue. They are great mana savers when dealing with living mobs. When a mob is snared and pathing back to you, you can get a good chunk of the Fear casting done from the boots before the mob reaches you. With channeling being strong on P99, you are often able to land the spell even after taking multiple hits.

https://youtu.be/mI_IJ_F1GCY?feature=shared&t=325 - Here is an example of me using Blood Ember Boots and Blood Ember Gauntlets in Sebilis. 40 mana from your normal Fear spell takes 1 minute to recover while standing when you have FT2 and FT1 items equipped. Saving a minute of recovery per cast if you don't want to waste time meditating is nice. It's even better when you don't have FT2 or FT1 items yet. When you only have 1 mana regen per tick standing, that is 40 ticks to recover a single fear spell if you are trying to avoid meditation downtime. Engulfing Darkness is 60 Mana, so I am saving a total of 100 mana per combination use of Blood Ember Boots and Gauntlets. This means I do not need to spend 30 seconds meditating that mana back, or waiting 2.5 minutes to recover that via standing regen.

Efficient soloing is about managing HP and Mana levels properly, trying to ensure one doesn't get too low. With Troll Regen + 2x AoB + Epic, I am always regenerating HP faster than Mana while standing, so it is fine if I take a few extra hits while casting Blood Ember Boots/Gauntlets.
6s cast for an 18s max duration fear that you have to recast at 12s if you want the mob to be perma feared - which you will want to do in most cases since you don't want to be getting beat on for 6s while you're channeling.

You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.

The boots are garbage.
Old 03-07-2024, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by real_sauga_yoot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
6s cast for an 18s max duration fear that you have to recast at 12s if you want the mob to be perma feared - which you will want to do in most cases since you don't want to be getting beat on for 6s while you're channeling.

You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.

The boots are garbage.
A mob being perma-feared is not ideal in an area like Sebilis. You don't want the mob running through the entire zone, getting adds lol. That is why you use your low duration fear and run the mob back to an area without mobs.

I've got video evidence and math proving you wrong. You clearly didn't watch the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI_IJ_F1GCY&t=325s . Please stop spreading misinformation because you don't understand how to use Blood Ember Clickies, or how to fear kite in tight spaces.
Old 03-07-2024, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You're not missing out. The boots are absolute garbage.
If anyone has these garbage BE boots on blue i’ll take them off your hands for 600pp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 03-07-2024, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
erudite > human > troll > rest
this man fashionquests
Old 03-07-2024, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

The only time boots and gloves make sense for solo work is if you are clicking while your pet does all the work. I guess there is a situation for that but it’s a bit silly.

I can see the gloves being nice to have in a non-clarity group or a free click to delay a pull (I carry mine but don’t wear them). The legs bother me because the FD is so slow. Outside droga or taking preemptive AFK’s is rather burn mana than wait three seconds.

All the BE armor looks cool. I just wish it had stats. The legs are passable, the BP isn’t.
Old 03-07-2024, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only time boots and gloves make sense for solo work is if you are clicking while your pet does all the work. I guess there is a situation for that but it’s a bit silly.

I can see the gloves being nice to have in a non-clarity group or a free click to delay a pull (I carry mine but don’t wear them). The legs bother me because the FD is so slow. Outside droga or taking preemptive AFK’s is rather burn mana than wait three seconds.

All the BE armor looks cool. I just wish it had stats. The legs are passable, the BP isn’t.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI_IJ_F1GCY&t=325s - Here is a scenario where you can use Blood Ember Boots/Gauntlets for solo work to save mana. Blood Ember usage isn't exclusive to scenarios where you are just letting your DoT's + Pet do all the work. I started the fight with the Froglok Jin Wizard at 91% HP and 75% Mana. I ended the fight with 87% HP and 82% Mana. Using Blood Ember Clickies and FT1 + FT2 items, I recovered 7% mana during the fight, at the cost of 4% HP. As a Troll with 2x AoB Items, Racial Regen, and Epic, a 4% HP loss is quickly recovered without sitting.

When you have good AC, Resists, Epic, Fungi, etc., you can take damage via casting Blood Ember Clickies to prevent mana loss. This is because you recover HP faster than mana.

FD pants are amazing, even with a 3 second cast. Being able to save 60 or 120 mana per cast in any non-life threatening scenario is great. It's also good when you have multiple casters in a pull. In those scenarios you may need to FD multiple times due to unlucky casts triggering when you flop.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 03-07-2024 at 04:39 PM..
Old 03-07-2024, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

Have BIS velious ft items and your freebie kunark clickes totes become worth it.
Simples.
Old 03-07-2024, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have BIS velious ft items and your freebie kunark clickes totes become worth it.
Simples.
I used Blood Ember Boots/Gauntlets to great effect before I got much of my better gear when I was lower level. Before I got the BE Greaves and FT items. Blood Ember Boots/Gauntlets worked great when I was killing trash around KC in Dreadlands. That is another place where you don't want a mob to be perma-feared, as they can run back into the areas where mobs wander, giving you adds.

Players do get better gear as they play their character more. Greenmist will be replaced eventually by better weapons. Blood Ember Gauntlets/Boots/Greaves have no superior alternative that Iksars can use when/if they start acquiring raid gear.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 03-07-2024 at 05:00 PM..