Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2021, 11:07 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
they said the flu is down 98% this year you guys think covid is eating the flu?
There's more than one reason that the flu is down this year. A big one being that they aren't testing for the flu...
Old 01-02-2021, 11:09 PM
Banned

tfw medical professionals (upper middle class) are so far above your station they seem possibly complicit in massive plot to invent a disease and buttfuck the economy for no reason

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-02-2021, 11:14 PM
Banned

hey look guys my best friend big business is telling me to risk my life and health for the sake of big business..i seen it on their TV network, dammit i KNEW those scumbag doctors were just lying on me to grab power lockdown democratic party!!! It's a science conspiracy guys!
Old 01-02-2021, 11:15 PM
Banned

casket makers running out of caskets

freezer trucks in morgue parking lots running out of space

must be all that suicide cuz getting paid to stay home from shitty job is just horrific
Old 01-02-2021, 11:18 PM
Banned

deadliest disaster for USA since Civil War you literally treasonous shit-for-brains. dougie.
Old 01-02-2021, 11:19 PM
Banned

quint post for murderous stooges of industry
Old 01-02-2021, 11:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your argument cannot possibly be "we are trying to save lives" with regard to covid, unless you also advocate for such measures against every other preventable form of death. If you can't concede that, then you don't really care about lives, you care about political purity tests and appearing woke with regard to this relatively unharmful disease.
this still sounds like a hypocrisy argument
Old 01-02-2021, 11:45 PM
Sarnak

Name the closest fast food restaurant to you.

1 in 4 American deaths are from heart disease annually (well over this 400k number)

Let’s go get a cheese burger
Last edited by waltjig; 01-03-2021 at 12:09 AM..
Old 01-03-2021, 12:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cigarettes kill 480k people a year in the US. The strictest measures we take against smoking is requiring smokers to go outside, sometimes, in some places. As if that stops people from smoking. As if that stops other people from inhaling second hand smoke. As if that stops parents from smoking in their cars. Where is the draconian governmental overreach to stop these deaths? Is there some kind of relationship between risk and freedom that we enjoy in our society?? Buhwuhhhhhh???

Your argument cannot possibly be "we are trying to save lives" with regard to covid, unless you also advocate for such measures against every other preventable form of death. If you can't concede that, then you don't really care about lives, you care about political purity tests and appearing woke with regard to this relatively unharmful disease.
Except the last time you brought up your second paragraph I said I’d be totally fine with doing things like masks for the flu, other measures for diseases, etc. and you conveniently chose to ignore that statement lol
Old 01-03-2021, 12:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Of course we should. People, especially old people, die from getting a bad cold. They die from getting the flu. We don't shut everything down for either of those. Please explain why covid is different.

I went to school for audio production but for the last several years I've been doing google adsense cause a degree in audio production doesn't pay super well unless you have connections.
Yeah the reason I asked was just trying to gauge your level of intelligence given your statements.
Closed Thread