Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Raid Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 05:19 PM
Kobold

Thank you for the clarifications [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Tsoona Mi, 52 iksar monk
Olandar, EC mule
Old 02-13-2014, 05:23 PM
Fire Giant

I do think that given the heightened tensions on raid target attempts, it would serve the server better to inform the raiding community of such suspensions / punishments so that we are all aware of the consequences of doing such things. It establishes a standard by which all will be dealt with in similar circumstances and is thus a deterrent.

This is very different from Player-x KSing Player-y at a Frenzied Ghoul camp. A guild blatantly KSing another guild on a raid target is a high visibility; public event and so the punishment should also be visible to at a minimum, those involved (on both sides) who can choose to share the outcome with the rest of the server, and at best to the rest of the server.

Keeping things secret for such publicly shamed acts only ramps up suspicions of inconsistent enforcement of server rules.
-----------------------
Old 02-14-2014, 01:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do think that given the heightened tensions on raid target attempts, it would serve the server better to inform the raiding community of such suspensions / punishments so that we are all aware of the consequences of doing such things. It establishes a standard by which all will be dealt with in similar circumstances and is thus a deterrent.

This is very different from Player-x KSing Player-y at a Frenzied Ghoul camp. A guild blatantly KSing another guild on a raid target is a high visibility; public event and so the punishment should also be visible to at a minimum, those involved (on both sides) who can choose to share the outcome with the rest of the server, and at best to the rest of the server.

Keeping things secret for such publicly shamed acts only ramps up suspicions of inconsistent enforcement of server rules.
+1

They did this and they got caught. If its not really punishable then... why not everyone do it with the hope of not getting caught? There's no punishment and you get another shot at loot if you miss the FTE.

I would never do this in a million years, but that is the mentality some people might be (I'm sure they ARE) having.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:40 PM
Fire Giant

I will state that had the server staff been more open about punishments being handed out for different violations that the server would have fewer problems (both at a guild level and individually). BDA's raid suspension put the fear into most if not all raiding guilds (as I said, Taken made great efforts to comply). It showed an example of the line not to be crossed and we saw the consequences. If the staff would share more of the consequences, people / guilds would think twice before pushing the envelope and walking the edge of a rule.

This is not as a focus on "shaming people" although that is a deterrent. It's more about transparency, clarity and consistency. Everyone will learn from the mistakes and missteps of others and the environment will improve.
-----------------------
Closed Thread