Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 03-27-2023, 06:21 PM
Banned

Sorry, it's this:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/f...splay.php?f=25
Old 03-27-2023, 06:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason5671 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes. Finally somebody gets it about the animation pet. I appreciate someone finally stepping up to the plate here with a legit response and some sound logic instead of posting chicks in skimpy outfits. I mean, really .. I'll be honest here I think this entire argument is just so completely ludicrous on so many levels but I'll entertain nonetheless. Yes I had half a mana bar and the animation pet was half health when the mobs were dropped on me. I had literally no chance to do anything before the animation pet was going down. And once it died, with two unslowed mobs beating on me, trying to get them both mezzed and or charmed, very unlikely as I did not even have charm on a spell gem slot. I would have loved to see how the ultra uber elitist Toxxigen would have survived this situation without any outside help as he claims I should have. I don't think anyone in my situation would have done much better.
At your lev with chanter being my first and only char, I would have probably gated too

It’s ok to not keep charm on your bar, most chanters don’t even when charming all the way to max level. Spell slot gems are precious real estate and multiple spell swaps per fight are usually a thing at high levels

Looking on it now, what I would have to do is an aoe stun -> GCD reset and then either a root or mez on one of the mobs. Top tier chanters keep 2 stuns in dangerous zones on their bars to rotate, but I personally don’t. That means that I’d have to at that point try to channel through rooting or mezzing the second mob (or pet or whatever)

It gets easier once you can keep a reagent-less rune on yourself in addition to a reagent rune for a little extra cushion. But aoe stun into GCD reset into either another stun or mez is pretty standard for dealing with mobs in close

But like I mentioned before, I didn’t have a GCD reset item at your lev I don’t think and woulda prolly gated too
Old 03-27-2023, 06:36 PM
Planar Protector

i got a 58 ench on blue and a 60 on takp.

i rarely ever use stuns

ench can pretty much always channel out a root and then just take 1 step back

I gear tanky with decent DEX
Old 03-27-2023, 07:41 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At your lev with chanter being my first and only char, I would have probably gated too

It’s ok to not keep charm on your bar, most chanters don’t even when charming all the way to max level. Spell slot gems are precious real estate and multiple spell swaps per fight are usually a thing at high levels

Looking on it now, what I would have to do is an aoe stun -> GCD reset and then either a root or mez on one of the mobs. Top tier chanters keep 2 stuns in dangerous zones on their bars to rotate, but I personally don’t. That means that I’d have to at that point try to channel through rooting or mezzing the second mob (or pet or whatever)

It gets easier once you can keep a reagent-less rune on yourself in addition to a reagent rune for a little extra cushion. But aoe stun into GCD reset into either another stun or mez is pretty standard for dealing with mobs in close

But like I mentioned before, I didn’t have a GCD reset item at your lev I don’t think and woulda prolly gated too

All very useful information to know for the enchanter class but apples n oranges. You're talking about a situation where you know in advance what is going to happen, that you are about to be trained on and you will have all the necessary spells ready to go in order to handle the situation. My original plan was simply to mezz the warrior pet and go apeshit nuking the Scryer down quickly before any other room pops happened and hopefully kill it before its Warrior pet woke up, Once the Scryer died, so would the pet I believe so it was an all out assault against the Scryer. Hadn't really planned on any close encounters aside from whatever minimal melee damage the Scryer could dish, and I was confident I could help the Animation pet soak up some hits in order to take it down.
Old 03-27-2023, 07:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I gear tanky with decent DEX
is that a thing?
Old 03-27-2023, 08:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall O Lead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Am I the only one that doesn't know what the fuck Sadre is talking about, like all of the time? Please tell me. That man confuses the absolute shit out of me with every post.

I think of the current crop, Aussen gets it a bit. Some just recognize the work.

It's pastiche, if you must know. You randomly take two ideas or scenarios, or three, and link them to the topic at hand. It creates a pleasant kaleidoscopic effect if you see the references.

I have a roster of basic references. You got your STTOS series, for example. So this OP thinks he can melt chess pieces or something with his logic. Alright. Done.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It's free-associative, and in this pic proto-Spock reminded me of Beavis, so I made Spock Beavis.

But maybe it's Butthead? The key is to never be sure. What we want is for unconscious associations which are simply nothing more than latent memory, to unspool like some unfortunate tankie's guts all over the trench's only remaining non-gut-soaked spot.

Oops [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-27-2023, 08:21 PM
Planar Protector

Old 03-27-2023, 08:36 PM
Planar Protector

Old 03-27-2023, 08:36 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Who enters a typically camped area such as the the UG throne room.. sees every mob cleared except for the named yet doesn't even bother to look around to see if there's somebody nearby camping and just makes a bee line straight to it and starts wailing on it? Seriously who the fuck does this? Every fucking newb by level 15 knows about camps.. I'm not buying all these fucking excuses guys.

#TeamHewch
Old 03-27-2023, 08:37 PM
Planar Protector