Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2021, 11:36 PM
Planar Protector

If you don't have a guise to flex on plebs that will never be able to get one, is it even worth playing?
Old 08-17-2021, 03:30 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfminster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you arrived later you will never have the same opportunity as they did so you will always be inferior no matter what you do which is really bad game design.
You'll have your opportunity on the upcoming Purple teams PvP server.
Old 08-17-2021, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

People who got her first have an advantage over those who didn’t. As a casual scrub you can still easily outfit your char in solid gear. It will just take a bit of time. On blue people often donate decent gear to truly new players that far exceeds quality classic gear.

This game is a lovely illustration of diminishing returns on investment. A necro or enchanter can farm 100k+ naked. A 100k geared melee can be set up very well. Probably 7/10ths. If you want this same char to be 10/10ths it’s going to be 5x or 10x that. A tank might have another 700hps at max level; a dps might do a little more but we are talking 5-10% if that. I don’t need a manastone or beads but could farm and buy them if I wanted to put in the time.

I’m playing a monk on blue as my like 8th char. It’s friggin easy and cheap. I’m having fun. Clearly the game is working just fine.
Old 08-17-2021, 08:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
p99 was never classic

just kinda close
Old 08-18-2021, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you don't have a guise to flex on plebs that will never be able to get one, is it even worth playing?
lol this

For reals though uhh those items should not be part of the game anymore. You can see the pixel rot all through the whole green experience.

I'm looking forward to purple 99 or brown 99 pvp2.0 server that has some more creative fixes for this problem we have created for ourselves.

It was all quite different on blue when the timeline was totally nebulous as things got developed and implemented as nilbog and team finished the dev work.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 08-18-2021, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

Seems a fun way to fill some time occasionally while waiting the heat death of the universe to destroy time and space.
Closed Thread