Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 04-11-2023, 12:01 AM
Planar Protector

hey speaking of investing, how do we invest in American oil drilling companies that will be given the free reign to drill baby drill after we decide to deplete those reserves in retaliation to the petro dollar collapsing?
Old 04-11-2023, 12:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobaber [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hey speaking of investing, how do we invest in American oil drilling companies that will be given the free reign to drill baby drill after we decide to deplete those reserves in retaliation to the petro dollar collapsing?
Don't you want to be energy independent? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-11-2023, 12:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobaber [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i hope it does

the entire planet only has ~50 years of light crude left

I say we pump it all out and bottle it in facilities in texas and montana then sit back and watch the rest of the world kill each other

EVs aren't the savior they are hailed as. The carbon footprint from the production of an EV is alot more than what the EV saves from not burning gas, and shit, we can't even produce the rare earth metals an EV requires in any mass scale capacity. I drive by a Tesla dealer everyday, they don't even have 10 cars on the lot. its sad. maybe 200 white lined and numbered parking spaces, and like 6 cars spaced out, and 2 inside.

What I need to know is why the public isn't being sold this as a resource crisis, but an environmental crisis when we have irrefutable evidence of the resource crisis, but treat environmental issues as religious dogma with circumstantial reasons at best, no long term data and anyone who suggests different is a heretic

the mineral crisis we are facing is existential, looming immediately over our heads and nobody ever mentions it

but 2 degrees in temp change is the worst possible thing to imagine even though the earth has experienced more much radical temperature changes within the last 1000 years.

but don't even think of mentioning cobalt, lithium, molybdenum, americium etc.
Old 04-11-2023, 12:20 AM
Planar Protector

Im trying to be independently, independent here.

Which companies should we invest in? This is going to be the obvious "fuck why didnt we" in 5 years.

Both sides all in on drill baby drill right now.

We have the largest known oil reserves of any nation.
Old 04-11-2023, 12:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the entire planet only has ~50 years of light crude left
Do. not. trust. the. science. ever.

Last edited by Jobaber; 04-11-2023 at 12:24 AM..
Old 04-11-2023, 12:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but don't even think of mentioning cobalt, lithium, molybdenum, americium etc.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Obamium, triunbium (Tub), or tri-Uranium is a hypothetical element with the symbol Ob and the atomic number 312. It is named after Barack Obama, an American attorney and politician who served as the 44th president of the United States from 2009 to 2017.
Old 04-11-2023, 12:28 AM
Planar Protector

Obamium, Bideninium, Kamalaton, clintanium.
Old 04-11-2023, 12:29 AM
Planar Protector

American attorney LOL

Funny way of saying Nigerian Prince.
Old 04-11-2023, 12:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Do. not. trust. the. science. ever.
I don't.

I trust geo-political strategists. I trust my own observations. I trust what I can feel taste smell etc. I trust when my gut tells me, "there has gotta me more to this"

scientists associate their work with their own sense of validity, to challenge a researcher is to challenge their existence as a human

this is why no new ideas are ever taken seriously within acedemia. anyone coming in with a new theory has to scratch, claw, subvert and fight to gain any traction, even when their own research cannot be refuted, they are called charlatans, pseudo-scientists, and more recently even white supremacists for going against the grain of their fields.

why is this? because for a scientist to admit they are wrong, is to fire themselves from their own job. goodbye funding, goodbye reputation.

the acedemics are fucked by design for this reason. this requires the most open minded thinkers that humanity can produce to become petulant children and bullies.

if reputation means more than progress, you are going to devolve into high school politics every. single. time.

the irony of the most progressive thinkers being the most close-minded is very, very thick.
Old 04-11-2023, 01:01 AM
Planar Protector

for 20 years all respected scientists have belieed in string theory, with zero evidence to prove it, and only in the last few years are they starting to abandon it.

these fucking assholes that say that "theres no proof in aliens" have believed in a system of structure of our universe that was totally made up and just sounded cool.