Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 08-01-2023, 12:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rangers actually recommended against Avalanche Gulch starting the day before our attempt. We went up Clear Creek on the east face and set up camp around ~8700'. Got up at 1:15a for the summit push but red flag warning started overnight, and there were literally 90mph+ gusts knocking hikers to the ground above 10k. We turned back at mushroom rock at about 13000'. I don't think anyone made the summit that day.

Next time I'm going earlier in the season so I can climb up and ski down AG.
Sounds like Shasta lol God knows I've been burned before. Thing sticks up like a thumb into the atmosphere and catches all the weather. Good that you had the wisdom to turn back when it got unsafe, as I'm sure you know people have to get saved about every season or so.
Old 08-01-2023, 12:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like Shasta lol God knows I've been burned before. Thing sticks up like a thumb into the atmosphere and catches all the weather. Good that you had the wisdom to turn back when it got unsafe, as I'm sure you know people have to get saved about every season or so.
Yea it's a bummer but it comes with the hobby. Not the first time bailing from weather and certainly won't be the last. #mountaineering
Old 08-01-2023, 11:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rangers actually recommended against Avalanche Gulch starting the day before our attempt. We went up Clear Creek on the east face and set up camp around ~8700'. Got up at 1:15a for the summit push but red flag warning started overnight, and there were literally 90mph+ gusts knocking hikers to the ground above 10k. We turned back at mushroom rock at about 13000'. I don't think anyone made the summit that day.

Next time I'm going earlier in the season so I can climb up and ski down AG.
Sucks about the weather, that’s still way the hell up there in altitude, NJ
Old 08-03-2023, 08:39 PM
Banned

Anatoly continues fucking with people

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/
Old 08-04-2023, 05:10 PM
Aviak

there is a strong correlation between intelligence and facial symmetry which is a subconscious expression of genetic health

dont be stupid and you wont be ugly
Old 08-04-2023, 05:32 PM
Banned

Interesting theory, look at this lineup of smarties

https://brightside.me/wonder-people/...trical-801782/
Old 08-05-2023, 08:36 PM
Banned

Got out of the heat up near Payson this fri/wknd

Kayaked 3.5 miles yesterday (haven’t gotten the pics yet from dad tho), hiked a pretty trail near a stream, ate the asshole out of that dead deer

Was a good trip!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2536.jpg (20.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2535.jpg (19.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2537.jpg (19.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-05-2023, 10:45 PM
Banned

^
Dad made me run a few hundred yards back to get a pic of that deer, despite me telling him that it was just resting and any moment it was going to spring up outta there

Then he took the pic to the ranger station to request they go drag it outta there before it pollutes the stream for all the other animals

He kept saying “don’t you remember that scene from Dances with Wolves where he almost drank from the water with the dead horse in it?!” and was crushed that neither myself nor the ranger remembered that movie
Old 08-06-2023, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^
Dad made me run a few hundred yards back to get a pic of that deer, despite me telling him that it was just resting and any moment it was going to spring up outta there

Then he took the pic to the ranger station to request they go drag it outta there before it pollutes the stream for all the other animals

He kept saying “don’t you remember that scene from Dances with Wolves where he almost drank from the water with the dead horse in it?!” and was crushed that neither myself nor the ranger remembered that movie
That was an awesome movie, much better than the remake, Avatar
Old 08-06-2023, 12:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That was an awesome movie, much better than the remake, Avatar
I thought the original when it came out in imax was a really big deal

I remember seeing that high (always imax 3d every time) probably 7ish times in theaters, the most I’ve ever seen a movie in theaters

Always with different people. First it was a friend, then a family member, then a different friend, always me saying “you gotta see this movie!” to them