Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 02:25 PM
Large Bat

Default Invis drops without warning

This has happened to me in many zones, but MM, Lguk, and Sol A are the first that come to mind. Sometimes the invis timer goes down by many minutes or invis drops completely when I zone. This isn't much of a problem. When I'm moving through a dungeon to grab a corpse falsely thinking I have plenty of time left on my invis, then it becomes a huge problem. I have spoken with several casters in groups about this issue and found that I am not the only one. This is not an appearing caused by looting, hit from an undead or seeinvis creature, or casting a spell, because I always check the log afterward.

We are all accustomed to the "You feel yourself starting to appear." which gives you a tick or two to find a place to hide and reinvis, then the plain old "You appear." happens. In this case, "You appear." just comes out of nowhere, and this is often shortly followed by 'so and so bashes you for whatever' and then 'you died.' This same thing has also happened to people with invis casted on them by me and others. Often I root 'n gate and make it out ok, but I have died 3-4 times from this.

Thanks GMs for all your hard work.

Kittrel Praedator
Old 02-27-2010, 02:50 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

This has always happened, even on Live. The duration is more of an "up to" value rather than anything else. Invis spells and pots have been randomly dropping as far back as I can remember. It's what made chanter's fixed-duration invis preferable to my toons over cloudy potions.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:49 PM
Large Bat

Perhaps my first post was unclear.

Yes, they often dropped early, but they gave the warning of "you feel yourself starting to appear" and had the blinking buff icon even when it was dropping well before the fixed time. It reset the timer at that point to 0:12, then 0:06. I never remember invis' dropping with no warning whatsoever.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:03 PM
Project Manager

The warning message wasn't present during prekunark or Kunark. Velious maybe? I don't recall exactly, but non-fixed duration invisibilities were always, You appear.

Anyone able to research a date for this change?

P.S. A lot of these things.. we had to go out of the way to add :P
Last edited by nilbog; 02-27-2010 at 04:08 PM..
Old 02-27-2010, 04:05 PM
Kobold

Yeah my memory isn't the best in the world but I do remember invis just dropping a lot early on. And I've died a few times from some crazy see invis mob or it just dropping without notice, it sucks but it has been part of the game for as long as I can remember. And all those zones have see invis mobs (I know you checked and are certain) but invising through MM or Sola never works for me with superior camo and lguk is another story. I think you know the best way to handle this, keep gate memmed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-27-2010, 04:25 PM
Aviak

I can say for a fact that bluebox invis would just drop out of the blue and leave you standing there with your nuts hanging in the breeze and 4 or 5 kobolds looking at you like a well seasoned side of beef.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:38 PM
Large Bat

Ah, I see. Thanks for the input, everybody. Case closed. I guess I only remembered the post-Velious situation. Thanks for your diligence, nilbog. I didn't mean to question.
Closed Thread