Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Trading Hub

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 08:10 PM
Fire Giant

You act like you have this wonderful fountain of knowledge that isn't completely obvious.

150k versus 200k is arbitrary, or better yet, irrelevant to a guild banker such as yourself. For a couple of guys who play this game a few times a week, that 50k gap is much bigger than you would think.

You could be a decent sort and just take the 150k. But, you're not.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:21 PM
Sarnak

staffs have sold 3-4 times the last 6 months for 100-120k and the last one for 175k.. Items prices on the server have dropped drastically during this same time period. My offer stands at 150k firm meeting you halfway and in my opinion paying 50% more than its worth. I really cant justify paying more than this and i will not justify a 200k price by purchasing.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastinate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
staffs have sold 3-4 times the last 6 months for 100-120k and the last one for 175k.. Items prices on the server have dropped drastically during this same time period. My offer stands at 150k firm meeting you halfway and in my opinion paying 50% more than its worth. I really cant justify paying more than this and i will not justify a 200k price by purchasing.

If you've been offering 50% more than what you think the staff is worth for almost 2 months, what does that tell you of what your offer is compared to what the actual market value of the staff is?

I've hired the Perun Map Company to put together a diagram that is professionally done and easy to understand.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-10-2012, 10:25 PM
Sarnak

As the consumer I am the market and your price is not moving inventory.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:35 AM
Fire Giant

thats ecczan...
Old 10-11-2012, 08:02 AM
Planar Protector

Market value of the staff?

There is no market. You need 3+ parties to have a market, otherwise it's just two people trading (or in this case not trading).

Not to mention the item clearly has no liquidity at the price you're trying to charge.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:36 AM
Fire Giant

Your post - I like it.

His 'market' apparently includes some person that purchased at 175k, though whether or not that actually happened is debatable.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:46 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccezan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A price of 200k is as arbitrary as a price of 150k. The last earth staff sold for 175k. For one to say that one price is unreasonable over another price is purely opinion and irrelevant. People will pay what they pay. The market speaks for itself and there is no use getting all bent out of shape about it.
300k minimum imo - mage epic makes us relevant again.

[ANONYMOUS] dip|o the Conjurer
Old 10-11-2012, 02:58 PM
Fire Giant

This is really not the place for this. I'm no fan of Eccezan, I really don't know him. I've done business with him and thought he was reasonable, straightforward and fair. Eccezan on RnF =/= Eccezan the businessman.

TMO has a monopoly. They are selling the MQs, it's just a fact. Most people aren't as vocal or public as Nastinate about their purchases; I certainly wasn't. TMO keeps selling roughly as fast as they accumulate, so they bump up the price. If nobody buys one for a while and they've got 3 rotting in the bank, supply would be outpacing demand and you could maybe expect them to bump the price down.

And none of this changes that in terms of endgame items, you will probably never find a better value than 200k for the single most powerful, irreplaceable item from the current era until PoP. That's like 2 years of the live timeline, which probably equates to eternity on P99.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:55 PM
Fire Giant

This didn't get 'vocal' or 'public' until the last few pages, when the attitude of RnF (see the mastery of bitmap artwork displayed above) found its way onto this thread.

You may have an overdeveloped sense of whether or not this place is appropriate for a certain kind of discussion - but perhaps read the whole thread, or at least skim it a bit, before doling out advice.

When it has been established that earth staves on this server have sold for 100k prior to Eccezan's price-fixing maneuvers, and his price is increasing when every other item or MQ still dropping on p99 has fallen drastically in value, I fail to see this whole exercise as nothing more than a dick move.
Closed Thread