Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 01:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absentia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've seen plenty of warriors ding level 50 in their quested crafted gear with shit weapons and no haste. Why can't you do it?
That takes all the fun out of it. I'm a gear whore. That's part of the reason I choose the most gear dependent class. The better the gear, the better the Warrior. That's all we have.

Let's say you had an extra spot for a tank on your raid. Would you invite the Warrior with shitty weapons and no haste? Or would you invite the Warrior with Yaks and an FBSS? I'd rather have the right gear to do the job right, I don't want to be a burden.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 09-15-2010, 01:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeatee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
see, the prices being so high wouldn't be much of a problem if there was an alternative, if we have the spare cash and are making a twink, sure go ahead and pay 5k for an item thats worth 2, but if its your first toon take a group and go camp it, only it is nigh impossible to do so, buying it is the ONLY option.

example, I have been hunting in mistmoore castle all week, there has not been one second I have been in that zone where the dhampyre was not camped by some level 50 farming it to sell the cloak, which means I only have one option to get that item, and that is farm my ass off to get 4k to buy it, I do not have the option of taking a group there, putting in the time and effort to camp that item.

this IMO is where the problem arises.
I don't see any of that as a problem. People treat solo-camping as an aberration. Sorry, it's not - it's just as valid as group-camping. It sucks for those who are trying to use high-demand camps as Xp/loot camps instead of just loot camps, but it would suck worse for GM's to force (and have to enforce) some kind of no solo camping/no farming policy, as limited as it might be. Often those people solo-camping stuff like that aren't necessarily farming the item to sell. As has already been mentioned, farming FBSSs' or other high-end items that have soloable camps isn't really an incredible way to farm cash.

And farming 4k isn't that huge of a pain. You just need to level more. The money you get from just grouping generally goes up exponentially as you level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodeanicus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or some people *gasp* embellish about their real life career choices to sound more important than they really are?

You know, the reason I give you so much shit is because the very first fucking day I started on this server back in November of last year there you were, talking condescending, belittling shit in global /ooc like you were the EQ fucking master. Then the lying about being a combat vet came to light, and it all makes sense. You're an insecure, narcissistic little child who creates a tough guy persona to compensate. And most likely a pathological liar. You should really just shut the fuck up. Every time you post here, it's all the more obvious what a pathetic little sack of shit you really are. But then again, this is probably the only social interaction a poser like you can get.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Shits been thrown down!
Old 09-15-2010, 01:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That takes all the fun out of it. I'm a gear whore. That's part of the reason I choose the most gear dependent class. The better the gear, the better the Warrior. That's all we have.

Let's say you had an extra spot for a tank on your raid. Would you invite the Warrior with shitty weapons and no haste? Or would you invite the Warrior with Yaks and an FBSS? I'd rather have the right gear to do the job right, I don't want to be a burden.
Why group at all? Make a mage, farm a gabillion guards, buy all the shit, then jerk off to your perfectly specced toon strategically parked at the entrance of EC tunnel.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or, some people like to be better geared to *gasp* be better at their class?
You sound like the guy that said:
"If you don't care about Manastone, you don't care about being good."

Trust me, gear doesn't make you better at your class. Warrior is the exception to the rule because they need weapons that proc. But the slower your delay the more your weapons proc so an FBSS is usually not a better choice than say something with a lot of AC, HP and/or resists.

I see twinked out characters all the time not knowing what the hell they are doing. Being rich and well geared doesn't mean squat.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont know, i assume your bard was the alt, and the enc was used to farm the crap out of grobb prenerf for pp to get the bard full of lambent/mithril.

That way the bard would become more versitile, it can tank/dps/mez/buff. But with zero gear it can like selo, thats it.
I didn't buy my lambent gear I quested it.
Most of the gear I'm wearing I got while in groups. I LFg in zones where there is gear I need then I move on. The exception being my jewelry which, yes my enchanter made.

I don't understand how a bard with bad gear would be unable to buff and do crowed control, care to explain?
Old 09-15-2010, 01:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodeanicus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why group at all? Make a mage, farm a gabillion guards, buy all the shit, then jerk off to your perfectly specced toon strategically parked at the entrance of EC tunnel.
Meh. I don't have time to be starting sugar daddies to be funding alts.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 09-15-2010, 01:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You sound like the guy that said:
"If you don't care about Manastone, you don't care about being good."

Trust me, gear doesn't make you better at your class. Warrior is the exception to the rule because they need weapons that proc. But the slower your delay the more your weapons proc so an FBSS is usually not a better choice than say something with a lot of AC, HP and/or resists.

I see twinked out characters all the time not knowing what the hell they are doing. Being rich and well geared doesn't mean squat.
You are a ray of sunshine man. I'm serious.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhelanKA [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are a ray of sunshine man. I'm serious.
Well I've been called worse... so thanks? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-15-2010, 02:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Or some people *gasp* embellish about their real life career choices to sound more important than they really are?

You know, the reason I give you so much shit is because the very first fucking day I started on this server back in November of last year there you were, talking condescending, belittling shit in global /ooc like you were the EQ fucking master. Then the lying about being a combat vet came to light, and it all makes sense. You're an insecure, narcissistic little child who creates a tough guy persona to compensate. And most likely a pathological liar. You should really just shut the fuck up. Every time you post here, it's all the more obvious what a pathetic little sack of shit you really are. But then again, this is probably the only social interaction a poser like you can get.
Lol way to make even MORE shit up. I didn't start playing until December.

You're pathetic old man.
Closed Thread