Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by koros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2/6 would kickass even with a 5 delay floor.
Assuming level 60 and no misses. The relative damage remains the same as the miss rate is going to be constant over time.

If the floor is 5 then thats 15max damage per hit (weapon dmg *2 +11) every .5 seconds. If you have pretty much any haste you'll hit the floor(fbss will do it). So 120 attacks per minute.

15 * 120 = 1800 DPM = 30 DPS max without double attack.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Rod_of_Faith 24/32 is 59 max dmg per hit. with 100% haste (Sky belt + high level enc haste will hit the 100% cap) gives a delay of 16 so 37 swings per minute (rounded down).

37*59 = 2183 DPM = 36.38 DPS max without double attack. RoF out performs the blade by ~17%

Paladins double attack approximately 56% of the time.

So the 120 attacks with the blade would be 187 attacks.
The 37 swings with the RoF would be 57 attacks.

15 * 187 = 2805 dpm = 46.75 dps

59 * 57 = 3363 dpm = 56.05 dps

All things being equal the RoF would outperform the bixie blade by 17% with max haste still.

In a no spell haste situation (just using 41% sky haste) the bixie blade would perform no differently but the RoF would lose a significant amount of effectiveness.

27 swings = 42 attacks after double attack.

59*42 = 2478 dpm = 41.3 dps

So in a situation where no magical haste is available the bixie will always win.

At approximately 65% total haste the RoF is pretty much equal to the bixie. Any haste beyond that causes the RoF to pull away.

This is assuming the 5 delay floor.

Without the floor the bixies max DPS potential would be
15*312 (200 attack rounds, 312 after double attack) = 4680 DPM = 78 DPS. If the floor exists, it massively nerfs the blades potential.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Last edited by baalzy; 01-31-2014 at 04:16 PM..
Old 01-31-2014, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by baalzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Assuming level 60 and no misses. The relative damage remains the same as the miss rate is going to be constant over time.

If the floor is 5 then thats 15max damage per hit (weapon dmg *2 +11) every .5 seconds. If you have pretty much any haste you'll hit the floor(fbss will do it). So 120 attacks per minute.

15 * 120 = 1800 DPM = 30 DPS max without double attack.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Rod_of_Faith 24/32 is 59 max dmg per hit. with 100% haste (Sky belt + high level enc haste will hit the 100% cap) gives a delay of 16 so 37 swings per minute (rounded down).

37*59 = 2183 DPM = 36.38 DPS max without double attack. RoF out performs the blade by ~17%

Paladins double attack approximately 56% of the time.

So the 120 attacks with the blade would be 187 attacks.
The 37 swings with the RoF would be 57 attacks.

15 * 187 = 2805 dpm = 46.75 dps

59 * 57 = 3363 dpm = 56.05 dps

All things being equal the RoF would outperform the bixie blade by 17% with max haste still.

In a no spell haste situation (just using 41% sky haste) the bixie blade would perform no differently but the RoF would lose a significant amount of effectiveness.

27 swings = 42 attacks after double attack.

59*42 = 2478 dpm = 41.3 dps

So in a situation where no magical haste is available the bixie will always win.

At approximately 65% total haste the RoF is pretty much equal to the bixie. Any haste beyond that causes the RoF to pull away.

This is assuming the 5 delay floor.

Without the floor the bixies max DPS potential would be
15*312 (200 attack rounds, 312 after double attack) = 4680 DPM = 78 DPS. If the floor exists, it massively nerfs the blades potential.
Touche. I did quick mentals calcs on the 2/5 (with haste) blade being a ((2 * 2) + 11)/5 = 3.0 weapon, which would be be amazing, without haste. Normally I don't take haste into account since it affects all weapons equally (except if there is a floord haste cap)

Double attack calcs are irrelevant on calculating differences in weapon performance btw.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by koros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Touche. I did quick mentals calcs on the 2/5 (with haste) blade being a ((2 * 2) + 11)/5 = 3.0 weapon, which would be be amazing, without haste. Normally I don't take haste into account since it affects all weapons equally (except if there is a floord haste cap)

Double attack calcs are irrelevant on calculating differences in weapon performance btw.
Yeah, I noticed that. Threw it in there because I see people say stuff like "low delay = more double attack = more damage bonus being applied" when in reality it's just low delay = more damage bonus being applied.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 01-31-2014, 04:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwwBall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wasn't looking exactly to get into specifics. Just putting a thread out there to see what people have to say about the issue. First off I'm a paladin. And your right, a good portion of the weapons that are around the price range I put up were acceptable for characters 50+ . It has to be the uniqueness of the server that makes the price differences on items so staggering.
I farmed about 7k on my Paladin before she ever hit level 30 and all I had was bronze armor and a Baton of Faith. It doesn't take months to grind plat, you just have to ask where you should farm it or google it.

BLUE
46 Warrior - Elkantor, 35 Shadowknight - Geldriia, 46 Enchanter - Shebreeze
Old 01-31-2014, 05:08 PM
Planar Protector

for the most part, money in EQ is a function how long the player has been playing. if you've been playing here a long time you are likely to have tons of money. if you are new, you are going to be poor.

the big fluxes of players haven't happened in a while...the curve, for now at least, is skewed. there are many more "rich" players with lvl 60 toons on this server than there would be on the live timeline.

you take the good with the bad. p99 is awesome, but as many people have said the timeline is just very off at this point from live.

it will get a bit better when velious comes out (new progression goals, new and returning players will increase), but keep in mind that in the end this is going to be a static server. once velious comes out and the time line patches are slowly implemented the server will not be progressing any more. so, sooner or later, this is going to be a problem that all "classic" eq servers would face. it is one of the criticisms that SOE cited as a reason to never do a classic server.

it will be curious to see how long the server can survive in such a state. personally, i didn't think kunark could last this long...but it has. folks just keep rolling alts and killing the same raid mobs year after year so far. at some point, it can't sustain itself.
Closed Thread