Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 08-26-2022, 04:43 PM
Fire Giant

I think we short circuited him boys

These statements are not up for debate amongst sane human beings
Why does <Vanquish> allow DSM to be a member?
Planar Protector

Please ignore the trolls.

For people who want the current data:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Here is Troxx's data for reference. It is using his own standards of being in a group for an extended period of time. He is doing... 79 DPS (without damage shield). It is the precise number I calculated. His DPS is 40 simply because he is nuking more per encounter, but math-wise this also means they aren't pulling mobs that fast. His previous encounter data shows an average kill speed of 36 seconds, and he has yet to provide average kill speed for this data set.

There are two ways you can interpret this data:

1. You can believe Troxx, who is claiming his DPS parser is undervaluing the data by 30%. If that is true, then honestly all of the data he has posted so far is meaningless because his parser is wrong, and he needs to get a better parser.

2. GamParse did it's job and parsed Troxx's DPS correctly. The reason why he thinks the data is undervalued by 30% is because his similarly equipped Monk can do 70 DPS when he isn't pulling. That is where he is getting the 30% number, 70 x 0.7 = 49. The flaw in Troxx's logic is the Monk is only losing 30% DPS because he is pulling, NOT because the parser is wrong. Troxx isn't pulling, he is just sitting in camp DPSing and parsing. He is not losing any DPS, so there is no 30% loss for him. He is basically falsely assuming that if the Monk loses 30% DPS, everybody else is losing 30% DPS too. The parser is correct, and Troxx is wrong.

Either way, he basically has nothing to back up his silly points. The burden of proof now lies on him to either provide better data, or prove his parser is undervaluing all DPS by 30%, and not just the Monk who is pulling lol.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=638 - Here is real objective data for DPS comparisons between a Mage and a Shaman, using a level 49 Sebilis Mob. A Shaman can do 55.2 DPS, a Mage can do 82.7 with damage shield. The difference is only 27.5 DPS. This is a level 60 Mage vs. a level 60 Shaman, no clickies or mana buffs, and assuming the group is killing a mob every 36 seconds.
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Basically Troxx posted data that proved himself wrong, had a mental breakdown, and now him and a few other posters are just trolling because they can't admit they are wrong[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] The post history is quite clear. I will keep the current data available for people who are interested. The trolls will tire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyxthryth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I want the data of why you think I am a troll. Please provide the relevant/requested data since you are seemingly very concerned with providing data, as you continue to copy/paste it. This may also clear up some confusion from earlier in the thread: you believe you are providing the requested data - but you aren't. Please provide data of my trolling, or please provide data of your Shaman DPSing in a high level fast-paced killing DPS group, as you have yet to post either of these particular data points for we people who want the data.
Fire Giant

Ok...have fun..you goof balls lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-26-2022, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok...have fun..you goof balls lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We will[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I'll be happy to have a conversation with anybody who isn't going to just post memes, insults, and obvious trolling.

Quote:

Here is Troxx's data for reference. It is using his own standards of being in a group for an extended period of time. He is doing... 79 DPS (without damage shield). It is the precise number I calculated. His DPS is 40 simply because he is nuking more per encounter, but math-wise this also means they aren't pulling mobs that fast. His previous encounter data shows an average kill speed of 36 seconds, and he has yet to provide average kill speed for this data set.

1. You can believe Troxx, who is claiming his DPS parser is undervaluing the data by 30%. If that is true, then honestly all of the data he has posted so far is meaningless because his parser is wrong, and he needs to get a better parser.

2. GamParse did it's job and parsed Troxx's DPS correctly. The reason why he thinks the data is undervalued by 30% is because his similarly equipped Monk can do 70 DPS when he isn't pulling. That is where he is getting the 30% number, 70 x 0.7 = 49. The flaw in Troxx's logic is the Monk is only losing 30% DPS because he is pulling, NOT because the parser is wrong. Troxx isn't pulling, he is just sitting in camp DPSing and parsing. He is not losing any DPS, so there is no 30% loss for him. He is basically falsely assuming that if the Monk loses 30% DPS, everybody else is losing 30% DPS too. The parser is correct, and Troxx is wrong.

Either way, he basically has nothing to back up his silly points. The burden of proof now lies on him to either provide better data, or prove his parser is undervaluing all DPS by 30%, and not just the Monk who is pulling lol.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=638 - Here is real objective data for DPS comparisons between a Mage and a Shaman, using a level 49 Sebilis Mob. A Shaman can do 55.2 DPS, a Mage can do 82.7 with damage shield. The difference is only 27.5 DPS. This is a level 60 Mage vs. a level 60 Shaman, no clickies or mana buffs, and assuming the group is killing a mob every 36 seconds.
Old 08-26-2022, 04:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
We will[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I'll be happy to have a conversation with anybody who isn't going to just post meme, insults, and obvious trolling.

Why aren't you conversing with me? You have provided zero evidence of me posting memes, insults or trolling.
Old 08-26-2022, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

Please ignore the trolls. Anybody can look at the post history of people who think they aren't trolling. I wish they could be more clever about it, but they make it too easy.

Quote:

Old 08-26-2022, 04:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Please ignore the trolls.

Does it cause you physical pain IRL to not have the most recent post in this thread?

These statements are not up for debate amongst sane human beings
Why does <Vanquish> allow DSM to be a member?
Old 08-26-2022, 04:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Please ignore the trolls. Anybody can look at the post history of people who think they aren't trolling. I wish they could be more clever about it, they just make it easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyxthryth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I want the data of why you think I am a troll. Please provide the relevant/requested data since you are seemingly very concerned with providing data, as you continue to copy/paste it. This may also clear up some confusion from earlier in the thread: you believe you are providing the requested data - but you aren't. Please provide data of my trolling, or please provide data of your Shaman DPSing in a high level fast-paced killing DPS group, as you have yet to post either of these particular data points for we people who want the data.
Old 08-26-2022, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

Please ignore the trolls. Anybody can look at the post history of people who think they aren't trolling. I wish they could be more clever about it, but they make it too easy.

Quote: