Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 08-26-2022, 04:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People can take a look at your post history and decide who is being the troll[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

For people who are actually interested in the conversation and the data:
Of course they can, every poster's post history is viewable by all on these forums. Why do you think that you needed to state that?

Why do you continue to call me a troll? Where is your evidence that I am a troll? I have not posted any memes/gifs and am not personally attacking you, so how/why am I a troll?
Old 08-26-2022, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

Please ignore the trolls. If they wanted to have a real conversation, they would post evidence or discuss what I have shown.

For people interested in the conversation and the actual data:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Here is Troxx's data for reference. It is using his own standards of being in a group for an extended period of time. He is doing... 79 DPS (without damage shield). It is the precise number I calculated. His DPS is 40 simply because he is nuking more per encounter, but math-wise this also means they aren't pulling mobs that fast. His previous encounter data shows an average kill speed of 36 seconds, and he has yet to provide average kill speed for this data set.

There are two ways you can interpret this data:

1. You can believe Troxx, who is claiming his DPS parser is undervaluing the data by 30%. If that is true, then honestly all of the data he has posted so far is meaningless because his parser is wrong, and he needs to get a better parser.

2. GamParse did it's job and parsed Troxx's DPS correctly. The reason why he thinks the data is undervalued by 30% is because his similarly equipped Monk can do 70 DPS when he isn't pulling. That is where he is getting the 30% number, 70 x 0.7 = 49. The flaw in Troxx's logic is the Monk is only losing 30% DPS because he is pulling, NOT because the parser is wrong. Troxx isn't pulling, he is just sitting in camp DPSing and parsing. He is not losing any DPS, so there is no 30% loss for him. He is basically falsely assuming that if the Monk loses 30% DPS, everybody else is losing 30% DPS too. The parser is correct, and Troxx is wrong.

Either way, he basically has nothing to back up his silly points. The burden of proof now lies on him to either provide better data, or prove his parser is undervaluing all DPS by 30%, and not just the Monk who is pulling lol.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=638 - Here is real objective data for DPS comparisons between a Mage and a Shaman, using a level 49 Sebilis Mob. A Shaman can do 55.2 DPS, a Mage can do 82.7 with damage shield. The difference is only 27.5 DPS. This is a level 60 Mage vs. a level 60 Shaman, no clickies or mana buffs, and assuming the group is killing a mob every 36 seconds.
Old 08-26-2022, 04:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Please ignore the trolls. If they wanted to have a real conversation, they would post evidence or discuss what I have shown.

Bro who the fuck are you talking to? There's like 5 people that read this thread and you've labeled and dismissed all of them as trolls that need to be ignored. I continue to be amazed by your actions. Do you really believe theres just a massive crowd of silent people reading this going "Man thank god DSM copy pasted the same message 57 times so I can be educated and ignore these trolls!"?

These statements are not up for debate amongst sane human beings
Why does <Vanquish> allow DSM to be a member?
Old 08-26-2022, 04:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

I am posting in this thread discussing evidence that you have shown: you have made it evident that you think I am a troll, and I am curious as to why that is?

I have not posted memes or gifs, and I am not personally attacking you.

I am only stating facts and asking questions. Why do you believe that makes me a troll?
Old 08-26-2022, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

Please ignore the trolls.

For people who want the data:

Quote:

Here is Troxx's data for reference. It is using his own standards of being in a group for an extended period of time. He is doing... 79 DPS (without damage shield). It is the precise number I calculated. His DPS is 40 simply because he is nuking more per encounter, but math-wise this also means they aren't pulling mobs that fast. His previous encounter data shows an average kill speed of 36 seconds, and he has yet to provide average kill speed for this data set.

1. You can believe Troxx, who is claiming his DPS parser is undervaluing the data by 30%. If that is true, then honestly all of the data he has posted so far is meaningless because his parser is wrong, and he needs to get a better parser.

2. GamParse did it's job and parsed Troxx's DPS correctly. The reason why he thinks the data is undervalued by 30% is because his similarly equipped Monk can do 70 DPS when he isn't pulling. That is where he is getting the 30% number, 70 x 0.7 = 49. The flaw in Troxx's logic is the Monk is only losing 30% DPS because he is pulling, NOT because the parser is wrong. Troxx isn't pulling, he is just sitting in camp DPSing and parsing. He is not losing any DPS, so there is no 30% loss for him. He is basically falsely assuming that if the Monk loses 30% DPS, everybody else is losing 30% DPS too. The parser is correct, and Troxx is wrong.

Either way, he basically has nothing to back up his silly points. The burden of proof now lies on him to either provide better data, or prove his parser is undervaluing all DPS by 30%, and not just the Monk who is pulling lol.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=638 - Here is real objective data for DPS comparisons between a Mage and a Shaman, using a level 49 Sebilis Mob. A Shaman can do 55.2 DPS, a Mage can do 82.7 with damage shield. The difference is only 27.5 DPS. This is a level 60 Mage vs. a level 60 Shaman, no clickies or mana buffs, and assuming the group is killing a mob every 36 seconds.
Old 08-26-2022, 04:30 PM
Fire Giant

Please ignore the DSM.

For all the hundreds of interested people still reading this thread that want the data:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism

Old 08-26-2022, 04:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

For people who want the data:

I want the data of why you think I am a troll. Please provide the relevant/requested data since you are seemingly very concerned with providing data, as you continue to copy/paste it. This may also clear up some confusion from earlier in the thread: you believe you are providing the requested data - but you aren't. Please provide data of my trolling, or please provide data of your Shaman DPSing in a high level fast-paced killing DPS group, as yo have yet to post either of these particular data points for we people who want the data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyxthryth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am posting in this thread discussing evidence that you have shown: you have made it evident that you think I am a troll, and I am curious as to why that is?

I have not posted memes or gifs, and I am not personally attacking you.

I am only stating facts and asking questions. Why do you believe that makes me a troll?
Old 08-26-2022, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

For people who want the current data:

Quote:

Old 08-26-2022, 04:31 PM
Fire Giant

Please ignore the DSM.

For all the hundreds of interested people still reading this thread that want the data:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism

Old 08-26-2022, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

Please ignore the trolls. Big yikes at the people using autism as an insult.

For people who want the current data:

Quote: