Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 04-14-2022, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

it's a weird fucking hill to die on, bro.
Old 04-14-2022, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am not dying on it, or expending any effort lol. It's basic logic. I understand people are mad, but just say you are mad you didn't get Warder loot. Trying to blame people for playing the game is just silly and sad.
Old 04-14-2022, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am not dying on it, or expending any effort lol. It's basic logic. I understand people are mad, but just say you are mad you didn't get Warder loot. Trying to blame people for playing the game is just silly and sad.
And so the servers that either didn't wake the sleeper, or only woke the sleeper after not a single person on the server even cared about sleepers tomb anymore -- were they not "playing the game" too?
Old 04-14-2022, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah I'm guessing he's a member of ST lol
Old 04-14-2022, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah I'm guessing he's a member of ST lol
I am not a member of ST, and I don't play on Green. I just find the arguments about Sleeper to be silly. Getting to a mob first is how Everquest works. Limited time events are par for the course on P99 and other progression servers. You are literally complaining for no reason.

Quote:
And so the servers that either didn't wake the sleeper, or only woke the sleeper after not a single person on the server even cared about sleepers tomb anymore -- were they not "playing the game" too?
The last server to wake Sleeper was Rallos Zek. I am willing to bet it wasn't awoken due to PvP, not an agreement lol. Of course a PvP server is going to deny content.
Old 04-14-2022, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am not a member of ST, and I don't play on Green. I just find the arguments about Sleeper to be silly. Getting to a mob first is how Everquest works. Limited time events are par for the course on P99 and other progression servers. You are literally complaining for no reason.

The last server to wake Sleeper was Rallos Zek. I am willing to bet it wasn't awoken due to PvP, not an agreement lol. Of course a PvP server is going to deny content.
I'm not complaining at all. I think it's just absurd to pretend they did it for any other reason other than to spite people out of loot. ST members have literally confirmed as much via their Discord lol
Old 04-14-2022, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not complaining at all. I think it's just absurd to pretend they did it for any other reason other than to spite people out of loot. ST members have literally confirmed as much via their Discord lol
Again, if you assume it is spite then you are also saying getting a raid mob first is spite. There is no second place in Everquest. Either you get the mob or you don't. Sleeper isn't any different.

And again, people who want to keep the Sleeper sleeping are denying players Essence Lens, so you're denying content either way.
Old 04-14-2022, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

And what of tallon and vallon then? And rallos may indeed have been the last but the more relevant issue is that several servers intentonally avoided waking the sleeper. When they did wake the sleeper, ther did so after no one even cared about the loot in sleepers tomb nymore, and they purely did it in the hopes to be the first server to kill the sleeper, not deny other people access to pixels.
Old 04-14-2022, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
And what of tallon and vallon then? And rallos may indeed have been the last but the more relevant issue is that several servers intentonally avoided waking the sleeper. When they did wake the sleeper, ther did so after no one even cared about the loot in sleepers tomb nymore, and they purely did it in the hopes to be the first server to kill the sleeper, not deny other people access to pixels.
You still haven't addressed the obvious point that keeping the Sleeper sleeping is also denying people access to pixels. Essence Lens is better than Warder loot for multiple classes. There's no way you can argue "loot denying".

As far as I am aware Sleeper was awoken roughly in Era on the majority of servers, and he was awoken on progression servers like Aradune. People like waking the Sleeper, and it is the more common course of action.
Old 04-14-2022, 01:44 PM
Sarnak

Sleepers tomb should’ve been pvp, woulda been fun to grief those high end raiders in kunark gear LoL