Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2021, 09:25 PM
Banned

Ive actually enriched so many people, my friends and my family who literally have made dozens of thousands of dollars by buying the same stocks as me, or getting into mining because of me

like my own parents have gotten richer than they ever dreamed they would during retirement because of me

like god damn i could die right now and there would be so many people who would tell their grandchildren about this genius they knew who made them rich
Old 06-14-2021, 09:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, the ground crews are. I saw one guy get knocked in the gut and flung 30 feet from a limb that kicked out of a chipper. Messed him up pretty good and those guys weren't making much more than minimum. Climbers make good money though, but they earn it. I don't know any long-time climbers who don't have disabilities caused from falls or other injuries. That's the kind of job it's best to get out of while the getting's good.

Danth
I don't really consider ground crews to be real tree guys, and I mean that with respect. It's extremely rare to meet someone who is making a career out of this type of work, but who is still a ground man years later. You either over come the fear, and learn to climb, or you typically move on with your life since there's little to no room for advancement.

I would also like to point out the fact that there's a lot more to being an arborist then just knowing how to climb. I literally have to have a CDL (the same license as a truck driver), I had to go to Virginia Tech for a year to become a certified pesticide applicator in Virginia, had to drive up to Washington D.C. and pay out of my own pocket to become certified through VDOT to even be able to be part of a crew since the company i worked for wasnt just going to throw random guys out there and hope they know the state and federal law for setting up a jobsite and flagging traffic etc.

IDK. Being an arborist is a pretty skill involved profession. Most people who get certified actually go to college to do so because they can't pass the exam. It reminds me of becoming a lawyer. Yeah some people can become lawyers without going to law school, but most have to go to college for it.
Old 06-14-2021, 09:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't really consider ground crews to be real tree guys, and I mean that with respect. It's extremely rare to meet someone who is making a career out of this type of work, but who is still a ground man years later. You either over come the fear, and learn to climb, or you typically move on with your life since there's little to no room for advancement.

I would also like to point out the fact that there's a lot more to being an arborist then just knowing how to climb. I literally have to have a CDL (the same license as a truck driver), I had to go to Virginia Tech for a year to become a certified pesticide applicator in Virginia, had to drive up to Washington D.C. and pay out of my own pocket to become certified through VDOT to even be able to be part of a crew since the company i worked for wasnt just going to throw random guys out there and hope they know the state and federal law for setting up a jobsite and flagging traffic etc.

IDK. Being an arborist is a pretty skill involved profession. Most people who get certified actually go to college to do so because they can't pass the exam. It reminds me of becoming a lawyer. Yeah some people can become lawyers without going to law school, but most have to go to college for it.
Oh, takes years to become line clearance certified as well and this is a huge deal. I worked for Davey. A company like Asplundh or Townsend would have massive interest in hiring anyone who is line clearance certified simply because these means they can pull you in off the street and through you over an entire company since your level of certification allows you to supervise everyone else on the jobsite.
Old 06-14-2021, 09:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, takes years to become line clearance certified as well and this is a huge deal. I worked for Davey. A company like Asplundh or Townsend would have massive interest in hiring anyone who is line clearance certified simply because these means they can pull you in off the street and through you over an entire company since your level of certification allows you to supervise everyone else on the jobsite.
Oh i forgot about being aerial rescue certified, and first aid certified...
like the amount of ongoing training and certifications a professional company require is actually kind of insane

legit almost died during my aerial rescue training because i wasnt a bucket guy and i tied in wrong to the bucket and right before i jumped out a ground guy saw that i wasnt even tied in to the bucket and yelled at me to stop before i plummeted to my death

to this day i still feel in debt to him for saving my life, but i dont think he even realized the gravity of what he prevented from happening
Old 06-14-2021, 09:54 PM
Planar Protector

Very ambitious of you to get your college degree so you can make $40k/yr cutting tree branches. Great work
Old 06-14-2021, 09:59 PM
Planar Protector

You are viewing another thread started by RecondoJoe in Rants and Flames
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-14-2021, 10:21 PM
Banned

Imagine being so scared of words on a screen that you have to log onto a fake account to pretend you have allies.

I'd like to see a picture of any of you actually working.

I'd like to see a picture of any of you owning anything worth a fraction of the GPUs plugged into this machine I'm typing on right now.

Like literally I am the only financially successful person, likely on the entire community. You dont run into a lot of rich people playing a F2P 35 year old game when there's a vastly superior version available for those willing to pay a small fee.
Old 06-14-2021, 11:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Decorated war veteran, college graduate, former paramedic (which is a 2 year degree in my state), certified arborist.. like go look up what they actually make before you say stupid shit lmao. Like I could do your job. I know I could. I have absolutely no doubt I can walk up and do your job right now. If you tried to do my job my heart would be pounding, I would genuinely scared for your safety, and it would be the most traumatic experience in your life, but you would ultimately fail or get hurt. Even if you survived the fear you experienced would haunt you for the rest of your life, I have no doubt.

I also have no doubt that an arborist anywhere in the world makes more money than probably anyone posting on this forum. People aren't risking their lives and doing back breaking labor for minimum wage, moron.

And yes, owning over $50,000 worth of GPUs, and mining them long before they were valuable absolutely demands respect. This is not only success, it shows tremendous ambition.

Need I find the post where you made fun of me for mining dogecoin when it was 3 pennies a coin? You shut the fuck up real fast didnt you, fat boy?
TLDR Joe trying to sound all tough on the Internet forum again and thinks that $50k (or $100-$200k per year in his other comment) makes someone rich lol

As an aside, like I said before I’m not making fun of you for mining crypto. I’m making fun of you for mining crypto while playing video games in your basement and thinking that makes you ambitious or successful (and telling other people that they aren’t ambitious or successful). As usual your low IQ and general lack of intelligence results in you failing to understand why people are making fun of you. Sad
Old 06-14-2021, 11:32 PM
Banned

Someone is writing a fiction novel itt
Old 06-15-2021, 12:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatordash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Very ambitious of you to get your college degree so you can make $40k/yr cutting tree branches. Great work
Closed Thread