Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 10:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprisle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Should have been loot one item and coin, just like EverQuest in 1999 was. I don't understand why it wouldn't be that way.

You guys are trying to be so fancy, put xp loss in, remove loot one item. It's just a retarded server with a custom rule set.

I'd rather go PvP in Ultima Online
Im going out on a limb here, but im thinking maybe they thought people couldnt handle too much pvp so they put in a heavy penalty on engaging in it and serves only as an end game poopsocking dispute solver.

Its basically a blue server because of this, beside the big guilds slowly ganking the smaller crews out of the server one overwhelming gank at a time. As ive said again and again, without XP loss it wouldnt matter that much because you could go guerilla on those big crews. Going guerilla with a system like this means hours of extra grinding for half an hour of pvp deaths.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im going out on a limb here, but im thinking maybe they thought people couldnt handle too much pvp so they put in a heavy penalty on engaging in it and serves only as an end game poopsocking dispute solver.

Its basically a blue server because of this, beside the big guilds slowly ganking the smaller crews out of the server one overwhelming gank at a time. As ive said again and again, without XP loss it wouldnt matter that much because you could go guerilla on those big crews. Going guerilla with a system like this means hours of extra grinding for half an hour of pvp deaths.
I'm unguilded and have participated in zone control group v group, as well as plenty of 1 v 1 competition for leveling spots.

Tons of PvP happening. Once in awhile a group will try to gank you, either roll with a group or pal or pick a class with some utility if you don't have any friends. L2P
Last edited by Bazooka; 11-23-2011 at 11:16 PM..
Old 11-23-2011, 11:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be honest, im saddened to say this, im already losing interest.

People dont pvp, it feels like just another PVE server, cept you get ganked by a train once in a while and it adds more time on the grind.

Xp loss totally discourages pvping unless youre 6v1.
I honestly don't give a shit about the lvl 1-30 pvp, everquest doesn't really start becoming fun in pvp until 30+ when classes get some abilities.

Pvp on the low levels is so much just spam clicking shit and people die so fast anyway.

Just hang in there, the fun part about everquest pvp really starts at the late game, when you fight big fights for dragons.
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:15 PM
Planar Protector

I was bindcamped a bit today and did not rage quit despite losing some exp. In the teens it's like 2% exp loss per pvp death, which is like nothing.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:15 PM
Sarnak

Im not saying pvp never happens, just that things would be 10X more fun without xp loss because youd actually get to pvp often and not just oh i ganked this guy twice hes gone out of my spot now / oh it took 10mins to whip this group out of this zone so now we can bluebie to our hearts content.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:16 PM
Planar Protector

The xp loss of dieing in pvp is barely noticable, its a nice feature vs bindrushing retards in the later levels.

I think you're over reacting.
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I honestly don't give a shit about the lvl 1-30 pvp, everquest doesn't really start becoming fun in pvp until 30+ when classes get some abilities.

Pvp on the low levels is so much just spam clicking shit and people die so fast anyway.

Just hang in there, the fun part about everquest pvp really starts at the late game, when you fight big fights for dragons.
You never played Rallos then. Youre thinking this with a blue frame of mind. This isnt about poopsocking disputes. I played a year and a half on Rallos and quit when i was 44, never actually made it to raiding. It went so slow on Rallos because everybody was having fun pvping at the low levels.

This is not fun to me ---> "Oh, just hang in there, grind like blue for 6 months and then you can have fun pvping"
Old 11-23-2011, 11:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Im not saying pvp never happens, just that things would be 10X more fun without xp loss because youd actually get to pvp often and not just oh i ganked this guy twice hes gone out of my spot now / oh it took 10mins to whip this group out of this zone so now we can bluebie to our hearts content.
No exp penalty = tons of retarded griefing and annoyances that would never go away until someone gets tired and logged.

Oh we took this camp from this guy, then he proceeds to come back from his close ass bind point and cast blind on you or fear your mobs over and over again until you leave the camp or he logs.

Would be retarded bro.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You never played Rallos then. Youre thinking this with a blue frame of mind. This isnt about poopsocking disputes. I played a year and a half on Rallos and quit when i was 44, never actually made it to raiding. It went so slow on Rallos because everybody was having fun pvping at the low levels.

This is not fun to me ---> "Oh, just hang in there, grind like blue for 6 months and then you can have fun pvping"
I've been having tons of fun pvping at these low levels. What about it is not fun for you?
Old 11-23-2011, 11:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No exp penalty = tons of retarded griefing and annoyances that would never go away until someone gets tired and logged.

Oh we took this camp from this guy, then he proceeds to come back from his close ass bind point and cast blind on you or fear your mobs over and over again until you leave the camp or he logs.

Would be retarded bro.
The only difference between this and xp loss is that without xp loss youd still fight over camps, but youd pvp alot doing that. Somebody would get tired of dying sooner or later.

I enjoyed EQ pvp, although it was a pain in the ass to sit and med after each death. This isnt classic at all, i can understand a change here and there but unlike blue, this feels nothing like Rallos.

The problem i think with Softcore, Smedy and others who think that way is that they think a "balance" of a little pvp vs alot of pve is fine and that the purpose of pvp is to control camps, not pvping in itself, that right there is not classic Rallos. To me it makes things boring. I think im just gonna stop leveling and grief the fuck out of people because im so bored already. Im not gonna bore myself to death grinding to 50 if im not going to pvp alot. So im just gonna stop here at 14 and fuck with people, then quit when people start rolling lolxploss twinks.
Last edited by oldfish; 11-23-2011 at 11:33 PM..
Closed Thread