Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 04:14 AM
Planar Protector

I'm in, and already got a phone call from the Queen asking if I am starting a guild or not. I told her not now, but keep me informed if anything is up. Prince Harry might start one tomorrow, and he relayed to me he would be honored to have me join. Sent a message back to him I'm gonna chill before I make any commitments. He understood. Gotta stay loose sometimes.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:31 AM
Banned

Server had login issues for like 4-5 hrs. Chill people.

Was literally the entire emulated pop red+blue in freeport when i logged on

I'd estimate they were capping the server at 8-10k pop range before que's started. A problem p99 will never, ever have.

Ding 5 and 5 on my boxes and I casually played.
Some nerds are 20+ already.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm in, and already got a phone call from the Queen asking if I am starting a guild or not. I told her not now, but keep me informed if anything is up. Prince Harry might start one tomorrow, and he relayed to me he would be honored to have me join. Sent a message back to him I'm gonna chill before I make any commitments. He understood. Gotta stay loose sometimes.
*Squeezes trigger on vintage Autoload Super 8 camera*

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 05-25-2017, 06:31 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My name is Swish. Anyone that doesn't agree with me annoys me. What can I say to them...?

Something about Agnarr, something about Phinny, something about DBG, something about BDA lol.... yeah that'll do it
Fixed that for you.
Old 05-25-2017, 08:35 AM
Planar Protector

Well my time on agnarr was short. I realized that even though I would have some fun there with the different mechanics and extra xpacs and groups actually being worth my time for XP purposes... nah.

In the end it will be all focused on raids raids raids, and alts grinding to max asap to do raids raids raids. Scheduled raids times, not finding a guild that I can tolerate spending schedule raid times with, etc.

EQ glory days to me were classic and kunark (and a but of velious) when the fun was in the slow, varied, dynamic leveling experience... whether solo or grouped.

Oh well.
Old 05-25-2017, 08:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well my time on agnarr was short. I realized that even though I would have some fun there with the different mechanics and extra xpacs and groups actually being worth my time for XP purposes... nah.

In the end it will be all focused on raids raids raids, and alts grinding to max asap to do raids raids raids. Scheduled raids times, not finding a guild that I can tolerate spending schedule raid times with, etc.

EQ glory days to me were classic and kunark (and a but of velious) when the fun was in the slow, varied, dynamic leveling experience... whether solo or grouped.

Oh well.
That's the problem with these servers - in 1 week instanced PoF/PoH clears will start happening, in 2 weeks people will start heading up to Sky, by the end of the month 75% of the server will be in full No Drop gear and have Naggy/Vox on farm.

The glorious days of leveling in bronze armor don't last very long with instancing. In classic EQ after 1 year of server life there was...what?...20 Cloaks of Flame on an entire server? There will be 1000's on Agnarr by the time Kunark drops in 90 days.
Old 05-25-2017, 09:06 AM
Planar Protector

Grouped with 5 pals from P99, grinded from levels 1-7. Had some great battles with burly gnolls and 3 giant snakes. We were rolling a classic NBG group.

Put Giant snake fangs on our bard and Enchanter, some chain armor on our bard and leather armor on our Monk. Very classic experience.

8/10 so far, the login issues were annoying but to be expected. I look forward to leveling with some more pals this evening after work.
Old 05-25-2017, 09:51 AM
Aviak

I really like it here. I love the older mechanics - where some luck and creativity went a lot further to making it feel like an actual world. Rather than canned zones like Wow.

I did play on Lockjaw but massive mage teams with ISboxer turned me off of it. So I was considering Agnarr just because I liked it stopping at PoP without as much concern about that kind of crap.

I guess my question would be - is end game here really as bad as people rant about ?? I can't really get a read on whether or not it's true. So far everyone I've met has been absolutely awesome in game.
Old 05-25-2017, 09:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's the problem with these servers - in 1 week instanced PoF/PoH clears will start happening, in 2 weeks people will start heading up to Sky, by the end of the month 75% of the server will be in full No Drop gear and have Naggy/Vox on farm.

The glorious days of leveling in bronze armor don't last very long with instancing. In classic EQ after 1 year of server life there was...what?...20 Cloaks of Flame on an entire server? There will be 1000's on Agnarr by the time Kunark drops in 90 days.
While this is all somewhat true, the point of the server isnt to sit on the same expansion for 4 years till the final xpac. (Like p99 did)

I myself won't prob. raid till just before luclin. I plan to level to 60 across classic/kunark/velious then have 6 months of glorious luclin/pop era fun till deciding if I want to continue playing (depends if pantheon is out or in beta stage).

If you have the mind set that any tlp daybreak (or sony) was meant to be classic then you're going to be really disappointed.

Some of us dont have 16 hours a day to relive classic eq.
This server serves the purpose of providing people a classic flavored experience. Some of us dont get sexually attracted to our EQ toons where we play for the sake of playing, who knows. If people cap their toons at 5o with raid gear after a month good on em.

If you want classic, donate your life, farm fungi's dor 4 years type of play... by all means stick to p99.
Old 05-25-2017, 10:06 AM
Banned

I will probably play the TLP some, I just really wish they would stop with this "expansion unlock" bull sh!t. Just open the server with all the expansions unlocked. No one really wants 9 more months of classic/velious. I'm sure Daybreak thinks this nets them more money so whatever.

I played Phinny through all of classic stopped during Kunark. Thinking I'll pick Agnarr up in late stages of Velious or launch of Lucilin (BEASTLORD).

P99 until then!
Closed Thread