View Poll Results: Does he
Yes 27 28.13%
No 14 14.58%
George Bush coughed on the towers 55 57.29%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2020, 01:34 AM
Planar Protector

Castle go to sleep you're doing that thing again where you write really dumb things thinking they are smart!
Old 10-07-2020, 01:41 AM
Planar Protector

What would you say the main threat that China represents is? Also I’ve read that it could be advantageous to us to keep buying Chinese products, the idea being that having them make our shitty products keeps them occupied. Is there any truth to that?

I am ignorant but see China as a serious and legitimate threat for two major reasons, population and energy storage.

Enlighten me like you would a child lol

I’m not against you at all so I’m open to anything really. I just don’t know a lot about China
Old 10-07-2020, 01:58 AM
Planar Protector

It is late and I do got to get to bed, but I'll give this a shot at 2AM//// the story of China (as told by authorities and enshrined in schoolbooks - which are the exact same for every single kid across China - totally nationalized) is that China was a once glorious nation, but due to foreign invaders they were humiliated and lost that glory, and one day will rise and regain the honor they lost. (Yes, there is some history to support this )

Pretty intense stuff. China is an honor-shame culture like many Eastern cultures. They got back HK from the Brits and now Taiwan is in their crosshairs and of course their claim to the ENTIRE South China Sea (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine-dash_line). The whole 中国梦 (Chinese Dream) talk by Xi Jinping is about this great rejuvenation. The guy is total Mao Zedong strongman figure. Before him it was more "rule by group." It used to be the Politburo Standing Committee (small group of dudes that are at the top) ruled more as a group even if there is a Chairman (yes 主席 not 总统 - today they call Xi president in English to give him more credibility in the West, but he is the same title as every past leader of the Party/State: Chairman/主席.)

There is a lot of resentment/hatred built up in Chinese culture towards foreigners - don't get me started on the number of State-supported anti-Japanese war TV shows and films that get made glorifying the Chinese martyrs of WW2 - yes, terrible, but how the heck are you going to have peace when you keep the wounds open?

It's a paradox in one sense. It's love-hate. They love Michael Jackson, and can be very friendly, but the poor masses are indoctrinated with this narrative to hate foreign powers - it ebbs and flows. Funny enough the US relationship is even wonkier. We dropped 2 nukes on the Japs and even cut the reparations they owed us (thanks Roosevelt) yada yada we did some good stuff. In one sense, they loved us for what we DID - but they (the govt) can't love us for who we ARE.

But the problem can boil down to we are democratic / capitalist. They are autocratic / communist (with capitalist characteristics to keep that money flowing.) It's a battle of ideologies, a zero-sum conflict. THAT is how they view the relationship. They are competing for influence, competing for prestige, control of cyberspace, etc.

The main threats: economic, cyber, IP, academic, diplomatic etc. It's full-scale competition and they don't play fair.

They want to control WHO, UN, and any other international body. They pay large sums to "think tanks" that say China is doing A-OK. They fund Confucius Institutes to try to build soft power with young adults in the West. It goes on and on.

The Party wants to retain power. They must eliminate threats to keep power. They see the US as a threat, and we are. We are ideologically opposed to their authoritarian, communist, non-liberal way of life. They are competing, and we missed that.

The West WRONGLY assumed if we did business with China, they would liberalize. This didn't happen. Since 2012 when Xi took power (and I was there before he was Chairman) it's gone the opposite way.

There's more to say, but it's late.

Thankfully, Mike Pompeo has a clearer view of China. Even sleepy Joe is coming around on the rhetoric, even though he sold us out to China so his son can get $1B for his "investment fund" from China.
Last edited by Castle2.0; 10-07-2020 at 02:04 AM..
Old 10-07-2020, 02:06 AM
Planar Protector

Oh and if you want the FBI's take on it go for it - I'm sure you can get into more details than I have time for here

https://www.fbi.gov/investigate/coun...e-china-threat
Old 10-07-2020, 05:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P.S. I don't really like Trump that much, but you people make him sooooo attractive - yikes.
This times a million.

Rather than actually try to improve their own political posture and fix the problems which made Trump an attractive option in the first place, the Left has doubled down on the "make him look as bad as possible" tactic.

It's failing miserably.
Old 10-07-2020, 08:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WRONG. A lot of people still think she is running, lol. She is running til she dies. In one sense she really is, gotta keep that cash coming in, stay relevant.
What in the actual fuck are you talking about? You stupid idiot.
Old 10-07-2020, 10:18 AM
Banned

The primary reason why Trump has so much support isn't because he's great...

...its because the left is that fucking awful.
Old 10-07-2020, 11:37 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by remen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What in the actual fuck are you talking about? You stupid idiot.
There are people in the greater Seattle area that will be writing Shrillary in; yes I know a few.
Old 10-07-2020, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The primary reason why Trump has so much support isn't because he's great...

...its because the left is that fucking awful.
I take the contrary position, Trump is so god awful that demented stuttering ass Biden is an improvement
Old 10-07-2020, 12:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I take the contrary position, Trump is so god awful that demented stuttering ass Biden is an improvement
They really should have primaried him.
Closed Thread