Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 02:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jeffreys homepage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind View Post
It actually takes more time for you to create an account, and all the posts than it does to ban you.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:45 PM
Kobold

I love the idea of the whole self police thing... but even if we made the most fool-proof rules some people would still find loop holes around it.

As far as policing ourselves, when someone does break a rule all you can really do as a player is OOC about it (which usually ends up you getting flamed as well; not to mention global OOC will probably dissapear here in a few) or come post on R&F (ditto)... or simply /ignore the offender(which is what ghandi would do; but doesn't really solve anything) or call a GM in (which could inadvertently lead to you getting in trouble regardless of your innocence).

Without the ability to carry out consequence player policing doesn't really do much.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:46 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Ihealyou

I've been able to play here for a couple months without making a post whining about someone taking my camp, etc. Granted, I'm not level 50, and therefore do not have the obligation to let the entire server know of my problems, but maybe you guys should try it.

Uuur - Your favorite Master +1 cleric <LifeAlert>
Rockwell - Your favorite 30 virgin <Aspen and Rockwell>
Old 05-22-2010, 02:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjacksrage [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm pretty sure it's not IB as a whole. I've met a few players in the guild who were overly generous to me on many occasions.

Since we're on the topic of childishness, you might wanna try blaming the individuals and NOT the whole guild.
IB as a whole is MUCH better than DA, and that's a fact.

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.
Old 05-22-2010, 03:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is how we started the server. If you're really interested in how the current rules developed, I'm sure its still available in search. Days and days of posts in there.

I would.. *love* to never have to be called to intervene on anything. The prospect that players can decide things for themselves was and is the goal. It did NOT happen like that here.

I don't have the time to type up the whole story for you, but I'm sure other people know it and like I said, a plethora of reading is available in the search.

We gave the players... more than enough time and opportunities for their own rules. Then weeks of suggestions.

This needs more effort from the players, *not* the GMs. Please work out things amongst yourselves, and never call us. You don't have to follow our stupid rules if you can police yourselves. If a GM is called.. be prepared for a verdict though, just like on Live.

I can't stress strongly enough about how bad it was prior to raid rules. Wow.
I couldn't possibly disagree with you more.

Like I've said from the beginning, we were never allowed to even attempt 'first to engage' rules like on live because Allizia and I were instantly and repeatedly told to stop or summoned to different zones to try and come up with some play nice rules.

Right now its a shit fest with people AFK camping literally for days, prohibiting guild members from even enjoying the game if they want to do something other than sit in a zone with a raid target for 24 hours to maintain a pointless number for a raid target.

Edit: And I can understand why you could think its better now, being absent from the picture a large portion of the time.

And by absent, I mean doing much more important things and not even concerning yourself with the end game guilds. Which is how it should be.
Last edited by Otto; 05-22-2010 at 03:03 PM..
Old 05-22-2010, 03:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I couldn't possibly disagree with you more.

Like I've said from the beginning, we were never allowed to even attempt 'first to engage' rules like on live because Allizia and I were instantly and repeatedly told to stop or summoned to different zones to try and come up with some play nice rules.

Right now its a shit fest with people AFK camping literally for days, prohibiting guild members from even enjoying the game if they want to do something other than sit in a zone with a raid target for 24 hours to maintain a pointless number for a raid target.

Edit: And I can understand why you could think its better now, being absent from the picture a large portion of the time.

And by absent, I mean doing much more important things and not even concerning yourself with the end game guilds. Which is how it should be.
Otto but it has come to people doing this because of the level IB has taken raiding to on this server. I am not saying it is wrong that the IB guys can move on targets so fast but others cant and so they have to camp and hope for a spawn while they are there.

I would LOVE to not have to camp a raid target to get boss kills, unfortunatly for everyone that isnt in IB you pretty much have to. This is one of the reasons I am for a rotation, this way everyone can have a chance to down bosses and not just a select few guilds.
Old 05-22-2010, 03:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgetrapper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IB as a whole is MUCH better than DA, and that's a fact.
Alpha level was set to .90 I imagine?
Old 05-22-2010, 03:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neno [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alpha level was set to .90 I imagine?
I like your statistical mind my friend! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-22-2010, 03:28 PM
Fire Giant

Every guild has assholes, get over it. Also, first to engage FTW.

Mugatoo <Center For Ants>
45 Iksar Monk

"You can all go to hell, I'm going to Texas."
Old 05-22-2010, 03:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony210 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Otto but it has come to people doing this because of the level IB has taken raiding to on this server. I am not saying it is wrong that the IB guys can move on targets so fast but others cant and so they have to camp and hope for a spawn while they are there.

I would LOVE to not have to camp a raid target to get boss kills, unfortunatly for everyone that isnt in IB you pretty much have to. This is one of the reasons I am for a rotation, this way everyone can have a chance to down bosses and not just a select few guilds.
IB brought raiding to a standard live-like level. In fact, I'll be the first to say on live there were plenty of guilds both more talented and hardcore than us.
Closed Thread