Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoedTruth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think cash shops are inevitable nowadays. People want a choice in whether they fork over money each month. Even GW2 has a cash shop. The cat's out of the bag now, man. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's enough of a playerbase (even judging by posts in this thread as a sample) that would be drawn to a game that's a flat subscription with no advantage beyond paying your dues each month.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoedTruth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice call with Zelda: OoT.. totally forgot that N64 fell in that era too.

I would safely say that 96-03 was the golden era of video games. That era was where we saw the biggest experimentation and advances in gaming (Anachronox... Fallout... again, Deus Ex), the advent of 3d allowed these guys who had big dreams to finally make big, crazy, complex games. Fast forward 10 years, and we have big, overdeveloped, oversimplified games. Money watered it down.
I agree mostly. But we also have experianced a bit of a Renaissance regarding indie gaming. With steam making it easy to get games to market we get stuff like Minecraft, Terriara, Don't Starve etc. I am excited as hell about Starbound. Little indie group that sold 1million in preorders in about a week for their game.

Regarding the OP, they make them because they make money. And that as always is the name of the game. World of Tanks makes absolute shitloads of money.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:05 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

only game in the future that im looking forward to atm is Elder Scrolls Online.
that one looks to be turning out pretty well. im also looking forward to ffxiv 2.0, its slated for a cross-platform release this summer. subscription based model afaik
Old 05-04-2013, 04:30 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGWTF420 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that one looks to be turning out pretty well. im also looking forward to ffxiv 2.0, its slated for a cross-platform release this summer. subscription based model afaik
personally i dont mind subs. id rather have subs than cash shops in game. and just about everything im reading about ESO is makin me smile hard as hell (except no player housing at launch, that makes me sad).

gonna rock Aldmeri Dominon in ESO, let all the trendy kids have their Ebonheart Pact

edit - heres like 45 vids on ESO - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhL9Z...GOuIqyMcqYQ9VK

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Last edited by Sirken; 05-04-2013 at 04:40 PM..
Old 05-04-2013, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen1080 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree mostly. But we also have experianced a bit of a Renaissance regarding indie gaming. With steam making it easy to get games to market we get stuff like Minecraft, Terriara, Don't Starve etc. I am excited as hell about Starbound. Little indie group that sold 1million in preorders in about a week for their game.

Regarding the OP, they make them because they make money. And that as always is the name of the game. World of Tanks makes absolute shitloads of money.
BOB! WE SHOULD PLAY STARBOUND WHEN IT COMES OUT :3
Old 05-04-2013, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeallunRumblebelly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BOB! WE SHOULD PLAY STARBOUND WHEN IT COMES OUT :3
I am down =)

Starbound and ESO are what I am waiting around for. Not sure which faction I am going ESO wise.

Starbound looks amazing tho
Old 05-04-2013, 05:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anesthia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have more fondness for EchoedTruth's list. Deus Ex is simply righteous. And let's not forget Zelda: OoT ('98).
Stopped reading thread after this point.

All y'all kids are 20. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-04-2013, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagatob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stopped reading thread after this point.

All y'all kids are 20. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
29..and echo'd is way better than yours. Although he should have added the metroid series. Sorry =)
Old 05-04-2013, 06:42 PM
Planar Protector

Zelda: Ocarina of Time ... I didn't see the hype. Loved the 2 NES installments growing up, but thought it didn't translate well in a 3D world. Again though, Mario 64 wasn't my bag either... best thing about the N64 were games like WCW/NWO: Revenge and Lylat Wars (what should have been called Starfox 64 here but got changed for some weird reason).
Old 05-04-2013, 09:21 PM
Planar Protector

not trying to promote EVE i swear!!!

but i love their setup. sub only, all expansion and game are included with sub.