Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 01:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Same, I heard green was coming right after discord
Discord is out but unfortunately the server seems to be down again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-27-2019, 06:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is true about every mmorpg in a true high fantasy setting, and they are all derived from D&D.
True, which was all derived from Tolkien. I feel a sufficient enough change with enough additional story helps to differentiate your setting from others. Norrath has a rich lore and good story even though it is based on common tropes, and above all I think it does not FEEL like it is just a copy. The only argument Im trying to make is that so far in Pantheon a lot is copy-pasted from EQ. Its still early in the game, and who knows how itll end up at release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Same, I heard green was coming right after discord
I asked this question in a thread and got an official response; basically green will not happen until the entire code base is at a state that the devs would call complete and accurate to representing the classic live experience. So really were years off, just like with Pantheon lol.
Old 01-27-2019, 10:00 PM
Planar Protector

Server is only getting more popular, no patches in 2018.

"You think you do, but you don't..."
Old 01-28-2019, 08:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some posters in here could even see their first rl naked woman IF focus shifted abit from pantheon
Women like good diction. Not all women, but the kind that aren't just enjoyable without their clothes on. Nice burn though.
Old 01-28-2019, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekreant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
True, which was all derived from Tolkien.
JRR Tolkien was cool and all that but he did not invent fantasy
Old 01-28-2019, 10:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
JRR Tolkien was cool and all that but he did not invent fantasy
Who has written and sold more fantasy than Tolkien? He may not have invented it, but you have to admit he refined and perfected it.
Old 01-29-2019, 03:27 AM
Planar Protector

Terry Prachet? Certainly wrote more.

I don't disagree that he was father of fantasy. That said, wasn't CS Lewis a friend of Tolkein and they'd exchange ideas and were writing at similar times.

Perhaps fantasy is often more a case of convergent evolution more than derivation.

How many times can you throw Norse/Greek/Christian mythology in a bag, shake it up and come up with something new?
Closed Thread