Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2023, 07:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10027312/

"Of the 23 studies that met the inclusion criteria, the majority indicated a reduction in suicidality following gender-affirming treatment; however, the literature to date suffers from a lack of methodological rigor that increases the risk of type I error. There is a need for continued research in suicidality outcomes following gender-affirming treatment that adequately controls for the presence of psychiatric comorbidity and treatment, substance use, and other suicide risk-enhancing and reducing factors. There is also a need for future systematic reviews given the inherent limitations of a narrative review. There may be implications on the informed consent process of gender-affirming treatment given the current lack of methodological robustness of the literature reviewed."
Now read the conclusion and tell me if it's possible to even do the suggested follow-up research in your imaginary fascist state.
Old 09-11-2023, 07:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If we are honest, we know why the murder rate is high in some cities. It's because of one particular race that tends to commit most of the murders.

Below is a direct quote from https://www.ojp.gov/ncjrs/virtual-li...al-perspective

"Black homicide rates are seven to eight times those of whites though Blacks have a rate of poverty only four to five times that of whites"

I think it's disingenuous for republicans to blame democrats for the murder rate of said race. Although I will say that democrats tend to take a softer roll on punishing criminals, which I believe is part of the reason, except Bill Clinton - who was happy to enforce 3 strikers your out.

Maybe its because of poverty, or prejudice, or inequality, or some contrived reason that they murder at such a high rate. All I know if that I wouldnt want to live in a predominately black neighborhood, just like I wouldnt want to live in a predominantly slavic or russian neighborhood. If blacks are honest, they dont want to live around eachother either.

Call me racist, IDGAS. Truth is if we dont call a spade a spade, its going to end up hurting the majority of blacks who are decent people.
Old 09-11-2023, 07:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Black
You spelled “evil guns” wrong
Old 09-11-2023, 07:50 PM
Banned

Wonder if this true or just a diff categorization

“The FBI reports that armed citizens only stopped 14 of the 302 active shooter incidents it identified for the period 2014-2022. The FBI defines active shooter incidents as those in which an individual actively kills or attempts to kill people in a populated, public area. But it does not include those it deems related to other criminal activity, such as a robbery or fighting over drug turf.

An analysis by the CPRC identified a total of 440 active shooter incidents during that period and found that an armed citizen stopped 157. A previous report looked at only instances when armed civilians stopped what likely would have been mass public shootings. There were another 27 cases that we didn’t include where armed civilians stopped armed attacks, but the suspect didn’t fire his gun. Those cases are excluded from our calculations, though it could be argued that a civilian also stopped what likely could have been an active shooting event.

The FBI reported that armed citizens thwarted 4.6% of active shooter incidents, while the CPRC found 35.7%.

Two factors explain this discrepancy – one, misclassified shootings; and two, overlooked incidents. Regarding the former, the CPRC determined that the FBI reports had misclassified five shootings: In two incidents, the Bureau notes in its detailed write-up that citizens possessing valid firearms permits confronted the shooters and caused them to flee the scene. However, the FBI did not list these cases as being stopped by armed citizens because police later apprehended the attackers. In two other incidents, the FBI misidentified armed civilians as armed security personnel. Finally, the FBI failed to mention citizen engagement in one incident”

https://crimeresearch.org/2023/08/ma...at-least-41-3/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2972.jpg (19.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2973.jpg (24.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-11-2023, 08:01 PM
Banned

^
If not true, see how easy statistics can be manipulated to present a particular narrative?
Old 09-11-2023, 08:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now read the conclusion and tell me if it's possible to even do the suggested follow-up research in your imaginary fascist state.
Lol what? The conclusion is basically the exact same thing:

"There is a need for continued research on suicidality outcomes following gender-affirming treatment. Future research that incorporates multiple measures of suicidality and adequately controls for the presence of psychiatric comorbidity, substance use, and other suicide risk-enhancing factors is needed to strengthen the validity and increase the robustness of the results. There may be implications for the informed consent process of gender-affirming treatment given the current lack of methodological robustness of the literature reviewed."
Old 09-11-2023, 08:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If we are honest, we know why the murder rate is high in some cities. It's because of one particular race that tends to commit most of the murders.

Below is a direct quote from https://www.ojp.gov/ncjrs/virtual-li...al-perspective

"Black homicide rates are seven to eight times those of whites though Blacks have a rate of poverty only four to five times that of whites"

I think it's disingenuous for republicans to blame democrats for the murder rate of said race. Although I will say that democrats tend to take a softer roll on punishing criminals, which I believe is part of the reason, except Bill Clinton - who was happy to enforce 3 strikers your out.

Maybe its because of poverty, or prejudice, or inequality, or some contrived reason that they murder at such a high rate. All I know if that I wouldnt want to live in a predominately black neighborhood, just like I wouldnt want to live in a predominantly slavic or russian neighborhood. If blacks are honest, they dont want to live around eachother either.

Call me racist, IDGAS. Truth is if we dont call a spade a spade, its going to end up hurting the majority of blacks who are decent people.
I wonder if urban gun suicides are counted differently than rural. Different politics.
Old 09-11-2023, 08:17 PM
Planar Protector

the FBI also considers a gang shootout in the same category as someone opening fire in a grocery store
Old 09-11-2023, 08:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder if urban gun suicides are counted differently than rural. Different politics.
Could be? I do know that blacks are less likely to kill themselves than whites.

Supposedly the better off you are financially, the more likely you are to commit suicide?
Old 09-11-2023, 08:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the FBI also considers a gang shootout in the same category as someone opening fire in a grocery store
It does but the media only care when its whitey that does it. Unless whitey is trans, then they just get upset about misgendering said Tranny.