Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 08:50 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
now they need to fix this fucked up mit situation, summoners, and non druid healers. and 8 minute charm only curable by pumice stone is stupid as fuck.

the complaining will never end
I think they will fix mitigation sometime the first month.

It affect pve, and is one of the worst thought out 'fixes' I've ever seen

The rest I don't see being addressed. Coercers and troubs are going to be able to grief like crazy with charm.
Old 07-17-2015, 10:43 AM
Banned

what's wrong with summoners
Old 07-17-2015, 11:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genedin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what's wrong with summoners

pets hit too hard, sorc pets nukes hit way hard. dummy pets wreck your face.

I killed 3 people at once on my necro before the first wipe. and they attacked me first. And from what I hear, conjurors are even stronger.
Old 07-17-2015, 11:20 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavrin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think they will fix mitigation sometime the first month.

It affect pve, and is one of the worst thought out 'fixes' I've ever seen

The rest I don't see being addressed. Coercers and troubs are going to be able to grief like crazy with charm.
i doubt it, maybe only casuals. the rest will premake their groups to deal with it.

all groups will have some combo of either troub or coercer since they are so powerful in a group.

they need to fix dehate in pvp. its also broken. so are AE and encounter based taunts.
Old 07-17-2015, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

Maybe someone cool could save me the time of digging through the forums and just post like the top 5 broken ass things and how they are broken?
Old 07-17-2015, 01:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe someone cool could save me the time of digging through the forums and just post like the top 5 broken ass things and how they are broken?
fighter mit is messed up because the devs are trying to change it to make PVE more classic, which is making fighters weak in pvp engagements.

all non druid healers kind of suck because of cast times and no cast time reduction, especially shamans.

Item stats arent really balanced, some of the level 30 gear has better stats than level 50 gear because itemization overlooked alot of the older gear. Also some procs still dont work in pvp.

Betrayal is broken due to kelethin not being in game atm and having only DLW and frostfang as starting zones.

scout auto attacks hit harder than mage spells, sometimes twice as much.

Scout evades dont drop target anymore for some spells.

charm duration in pvp is up to 8 minutes, only curable with pumice stone.
Old 07-17-2015, 01:09 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The top ones right now are:

1) Mitigation: there was a blanket % debuff to mitigation for all classes. That heavily affected Plate based tank classes.

Combine with

2) Auto-attack Damage: Auto attack damage is extremely high at the moment, especially for scout classes.

3) Charm: Coercers and Troubadours can charm players for up to 20 minutes (depending on which charm spell/level is used). This spell can not be cured by yourself or others outside of a pumice. Once you pumice it, you gain immunity for 3x the duration of the spell.

4) Summoner and Necro dumb-fire pets: Necro and Summoner standard pets are a little bit to powerful, but not bad. But their dumb fire pets are insanely powerful and will wipe a player or group (if the pet has AoE) in a very short period of time.

5) Spell Resists: This isn't to big of an issue by itself, but combined with 1&2 it makes a bigger deal. Right now people can get 50-65% resists pretty easy, so they will mitigate a lot of spell damage. That's great if mitigation and auto-attack damage was normalized, but with those broken is tilts the field heavily to melee dps.

Honorable Mention: Horrible balance for priest classes. If you play anything but a druid, you'll be gimped and a detriment to your group.

There are other issues with taunts not working, dehate not working, and other various bugs, but the above are the top 5 in my opinion that will hurt the server.
Old 07-17-2015, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I made a new Coercer to test out this Charm spell. Went to CL and stumbled upon a group of 3 freeps. I charmed the necro, killed his 2 friends and then proceeded to do a couple of my own quests with his character. After about 30 minutes of playing someone else's toon he logged out on me
Gotta admit I chortled.

Have they said they are planning fixes for release? Really seems this thing could use another few weeks of beta, at least the PVP side.
Old 07-17-2015, 05:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Gotta admit I chortled.

Have they said they are planning fixes for release? Really seems this thing could use another few weeks of beta, at least the PVP side.
i hope so but i doubt it. they probably have other games to work on by now.
Old 07-17-2015, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

bring back matrix online, shit was tite