Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 03:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Velious UI wasn't made for wide screen monitors, and only having access to 1 chat window will probably free up a lot of camps as over half the population leaves.

Considering even half the population that gets banned doesn't leave...

naw. We all got the disease.
Old 03-20-2014, 03:40 PM
Fire Giant

Was /viewport removed recently (like last patch)? I use it when playing on my 1920x1080 to give some black bars on the left and right of screen so the Y axis of my character (when zoomed out with mousewheel) has more space above the character.
Old 03-20-2014, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

People who tend to get banned also tend toward the disease.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic != Easy

Some UI changes are coming. Stand by. Don't expect a craptastic small viewport. Ever.

H
I mean, we're not really discussing about what things are easy or not (well, I guess the OP was with /corpsedrag, I'm fine with just /corpse). But tampering with the UI is a different animal. EQ was made for like, 480x600 resolution monitors. If they COULD have fit more buttons/chat windows, they would have. Forcing a 480x600 resolution UI designed for 1999 monitors on people running wide screen resolution monitors in 2014 is a pretty terrible idea. Removing stuff like maps was classic progress, but forcing a 1 chat window UI is making the user experience worse for everyone for no reason.

It's not so much as it being "harder" as it is being "really fucking annoying" when you can never read anything in-game ever again.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ was made for like, 480x600 resolution monitors.
When EQ was released, gaming had long since progressed beyond 640x480 resolution.
1024x768 was the norm, rich people had rigs that could pull 1280x1024.

That classic UI was already pretty terrible back then and I remember using the full screen UI they had in Kunark.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristantio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was /viewport removed recently (like last patch)? I use it when playing on my 1920x1080 to give some black bars on the left and right of screen so the Y axis of my character (when zoomed out with mousewheel) has more space above the character.
I can't say as ive only been active here again recently. I have tried to make use of it on multiple occasions though and though the chat window kicks back the default text whenever you type /viewport, it would not save nor modify the viewport itself whenever I type /viewport 100 50 1935 1005 etc. It just eats the command and says nothing/changes nothing. Perhaps I need to submit a bug report or beat my client back into submission?
Old 03-20-2014, 04:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quineloe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When EQ was released, gaming had long since progressed beyond 640x480 resolution.

That classic UI was already pretty terrible back then and I remember using the full screen UI they had in Kunark.
1280x1024 was the shit, and absolutely viable and available when EQ came out but it was also painful to use as most monitors could only push it at 60hz instead of 75-85hz. Anyone miss that gentle flickering and heavy dose of radiation from our trusty CRTs?
Old 03-21-2014, 12:28 PM
Planar Protector

Oh man it's gonna suck so bad when we're forced to give up custom UIs. That change was honestly probably the best thing the later devs ever did, aside from gnome SKs.

I like seeing my mana and hp numbers, along with their percentages. I like that my hp bars change colors when I'm playing a healer class. And I really, really like being able to swap weapons out and to access bags without taking up hotkey slots or opening up my inventory! The day this changes will be a day of mourning, to be sure.

On the topic of classic corpse looting... couldn't anyone loot the corpse of a person that died in pvp, and not just the person with the killing blow? Or maybe I'm remembering that wrong. Nirgon? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Red99
Old 03-21-2014, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quineloe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Didn't the game just scale the screen when you went above 800x600 or 1024x768 though? Like it would just be a smaller box in the middle with black borders? Maybe I'm thinking of something else.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

Cool

If classic fullscreen spellbook is required to med until 35 I'm rolling rogue on teams.

Red99
Closed Thread