Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 08:50 AM
Fire Giant

I'm pretty certain the p99 raid guilds could crush Luclin raids without AA's or Luclin loot anyway......

The need for 55 COTH mules would i increase to FTE even more targets thou! Think of the "Competition!"
Old 07-09-2018, 08:53 AM
Planar Protector

People who think P99 is stale lack an imagination and sense of adventure.

Proof: Daldaen thinks P99 is stale.
Old 07-09-2018, 09:25 AM
Planar Protector

Red face

Dald, my man, you're not supposed to play the same version of the same video game continuously for 8 years. I should not have to say this to an adult man!

This is what everyone who wants P99 Luclin seems to just not grasp on a basic level. Like, I'm done progressing and have been for months, Gatmanno will never significantly improve, and I don't need him to. I love to show people around the game I played as a kid. It's fun to bounce around and help people out, go on some adventures, shoot the shit, just doing my elf thing. But one day that will stop being fun. When it stops, I'll just move on to a video game I like. Then I'll maybe check back, but mostly I'll just quit. Like a normal person.

Playing P99 is not supposed to be part of your identity. If you had a healthier attitude towards elfin' it up, you wouldn't constantly be pining for P99 to be something it's not. Like godverdomme man, you need therapy or something.

For your own sake, go away. You are done with P99. You were done with P99 before I and many current players even started here. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-09-2018, 09:28 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Luclin adds a huge amount of incentive to improve your main character rather than roll alt #6.
Can you explain why you don't just do this on a server which facilitates that by enabling Luclin? Is it because you simply don't just want to give up your existing characters/items/plat (which you are asking other players to do since you're clamoring to change the server they signed up for to something else), is it because you just want to watch number go up, in which case I suggest mentally counting to 1.000.000 in between posts, or is it because you are bored with a game you've been playing for almost a decade and you just want the devs to add more crack to your Skinner box?
Old 07-09-2018, 09:33 AM
Fire Giant

For the true classic experience, stick a post-it on your screen to cover up your Duxa UI mana counter. Then stare into a flashlight every 10 minutes to make sure you don't see shit at night - alternately, buy a monitor with bad viewing angles and turn it sideways. Also, whenever you meditate, close your eyes. Finally, don't forget to roll a d6 every time you zone: force-quit the game whenever you roll a 1
Old 07-09-2018, 09:40 AM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My scimitar was hung up a year or two ago. I continue to provide guidance to those seeking Luclin or classic immersion. Too many lost souls seem to think Titanium is good for this server. They have lost their way and need to be shown the way of the Trilogy client.
It's not P99 that needs help and guidance. It's you. Please tend your own garden and come back when you are ready to love P99 for what it is again. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-09-2018, 09:55 AM
Planar Protector

Red face

I know you think that. We were guilded. :>

The reality is, however, this, and I'll wrap it in a classic era reference just for you: you are the Jon Irenicus of P99. I saw you in Awakened. Clinging not even to the memory, but to the memory of the memory of something you used to love, absolutely unable to remember what that even means anymore. Whatever you feel for P99 or its community, it has nothing to do with anything anyone else would recognize as love for the game. What you feel is a sad and bitter thing that you happen to call love.

Except instead of being an all-powerful wizard who can't let go, you are an EverQuest player who can't let go. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-09-2018, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

I thought AA's were cool until I started seeing groups LFM but with <insert minimum AA requirement>. That and it also made the game more WoW-ish with all the extra hotkeys.

I'll vote not classic.

-Mcoy
Old 07-09-2018, 12:33 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought AA's were cool until I started seeing groups LFM but with <insert minimum AA requirement>. That and it also made the game more WoW-ish with all the extra hotkeys.

I'll vote not classic.

-Mcoy
Lol who ever in their right mind would say Hotkeys are negative in ANY capacity.

Come on...
Old 07-09-2018, 12:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People who think P99 is stale lack an imagination and sense of adventure.

Proof: Daldaen thinks P99 is stale.
P99 is far from stale. If it's stale, then you have outplayed your feelings nostalgia.. AND, that is very unfortunate. I have more content to do and see than i'll ever get to witness.. So many classes and races i've never played. So many zones to explore and discover. And so many quests to start!!
Closed Thread